Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Ana

Hello fellow Polycounters!

I'm an environment artist looking for a job and I wanted to get some feedback on my portfolio. Here's the link:

http://anais-masse.blogspot.fr/

Comments and critiques are welcome! Thanks for watching! :)

Replies

• maverickhornet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maverickhornet polycounter lvl 9
    You've got some lovely work here. I love your high-polygon work on the church environment.

How did you do the leafy-like d
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    good stuff. the only thing that really sticks out is lack of diversity. your portfolio pretty much consists of the church environment, it would be good to see how well you can handle other types of environments.

also, light in the church is a kind of bland, it doesn't have any particular feeling to it. i imagine it's important for aspiring environment artists to demonstrate the ability to convey interesting atmosphere.
  • Kyuuu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maverickhornet: Thank you very much! For the top of the pillar, I modeled an sculpted 4 variations of ornaments and I placed them around the top.

Blaisoid: Thank you very much for your feedback! I'm currently working on a small outdoor scene so I can show something else than the church environment.

I'll definitely work on improving the lighting of the church!
  • Kyuuu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I updated my portfolio with two new small scenes and I completely changed the lighting of my church.

Comments and critiques are welcome! :)
  • sipher3325
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like your stuff you have some nice pieces. I'm not a big fan of having to constantly scroll though. Maybe you could just have one image for each that when clicked opened a new page displaying the other images.
  • Kyuuu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you very much for the feedback! I personally like the scrolling but I'll try to get more feedback to see if the scrolling is really that annoying. If it is, then I'll change the way of displaying things on my portfolio!