Old (#1)
At the behest of my girlfriend and since I couldn't top her idea, I had decided to design and model the awkward, hormonal-fueled, adam-harvesting "oh god puberty" middle sister as a transitional stage between the little and big sisters of Bioshock 1 and 2.

This poor girl has gone through many different iterations since I started grad school with her being the first assignment for me. Along the way I've tried to scrap her and rework her from the ground up to match my increasing aptitude with zbrush, and this is the latest and greatest iteration yet

Unfortunately, I seem to have hit a bit of a roadblock with her face and making it look age appropriate (she's supposed to be 9-11). I suppose in the meantime I'll work on her adam-siphoning rig and diving weight to get my mind off it...

Any tips would be helpful (especially on that face), but for the meantime enjoy the gallery.

Original concept (early 2011):

WIP sculpt:

Stupid Old Face (early five minutes ago):
Offline , null, 4 Posts, Join Date Feb 2012, Location Burbank, California  

Old (#2)
Softening the jawline and giving it a more gentle curve would likely help as would a smaller, more delicate nose and finer chin.

It might help to choose a child actress to work from. Chloe Moretz might be a descent choice, based on your concept.
Tipping cows in fields Elysian.

Portfolio: www.jackablade.com
Offline , Counter of Polys™, 6,213 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Melbourne, Australia  

Old (#3)
Looks cool so far! The bloomers in the concept seem a little more puffed-out than in the model. I think this makes the silhouette more interesting. You might try widening them a little in the model.
Portfolio | Environment & Concept Artist
Review my portfolio!
Offline , spline, 107 Posts, Join Date Jul 2012, Location Texas  

Old (#4)
Thanks you two, and I'll definitely go back and try to use your two suggestions. I'll try to post another progress shot tomorrow or so.
Offline , null, 4 Posts, Join Date Feb 2012, Location Burbank, California