Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Epic Dude looks a bit like NFS most wanted :D
    200sx-progress-environment.jpg
  • ThatGuyJohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks good but, do you plan on doing some texture variations;
    With road grime, rubber shreds stuck around the wheel wells, worn tires, dings and dents here and there? Don't forget the decals and stickers for more HP! :)

I've done a lot of back country dirt road drifting in the past, it's a major rush!
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Looks really awesome man, woot woot! :D
  • KennyTies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Many this is really turning out great. I cant wait to see the low poly.
  • RaPtoR_v9600
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RaPtoR_v9600 polycounter lvl 4
    Great work it really look like NFS style
  • PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    I don't like cars but Scott, you just made me jizz. Looks really nice man!
  • scotthomer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for not replying to you guys, I always try and wait until I've got something worth showing before I reply :D

@zxcman - You are totally right, I actually spent a couple of hours yesterday scaling everything down to fit, the whole scene is actually 10% smaller now and I'm alot happier with the scale, the car fills the garage more. Cheers for the critique dude!

@ZacD - HAaha! I saw it when it came out last week, really awesome stuff. I love some of his touches, although..I dont know if that would pass an MOT over here! Love the dials stuck in the dashboard, 400hp in that piece of crap would be awesome. :D

@_DMage_ - Cheers dude!

@ThatGuyJohn - I certainly will dude, I was hoping to do a shader that blends a damaged version of the texture with the clean one as the car moves. The diffuse is going to have some minor scuffs and subtle details, I did a test a few pages back with tonnes of damage and it just..got abit much. I love the idea of the delammed tyre all round the arches though, i might have to pinch that :D

@Heldrizzle Pintizzle - Thanks homie! Don't be a stranger :D

@KennyTies - Thanks dude, scroll down, I've baked this mother out!

@RaPtoR_v9600 - Cheers man! I loved the old NFS games..sigh <3

@Liam - If there is anything I wanted today, it was to make you ejaculate, thank you dude! + Cars are awesome, You loved your old Pug no? :D

Updates!

Some early WIP on the low poly, ive baked it out and done a first pass on some textures. The interior is still very much wip, although i have baked the seats and roll cage.

200sxtextureprogress.jpg
    200sxtextureprogress2.jpg

All realtime in Cryengine 3
  • JeremiahJensen
    Woah nice man, even though its first pass i really like your textures. Any chance you could explain how you have done them so far! excited to see this further :)
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There are not nearly enough lens flares in this.

2/10

Would not put in recap.
  • scotthomer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Jeremiah - Thanks dude! Ill try and do a little texture breakdown for you once im alittle happier with it (there is some unfinished/hacky stuff in the textures at the moment :D).

@Sean - Ahaha it needs a good 20-30% more flare :D
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    This is going well. I'd tighten up the gloss a lot on the red paint, it doesn't seem realistic together with the crisp reflections.
  • makinmagic3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    makinmagic3 polycounter lvl 11
    One thing which sticks out like a sore thumb for me in the two images above is you can see under-neigh/ inside the car - no inside wheel arches.

Looks great though :)
  • scotthomer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Luke - Thanks man! thats a cool idea actually, would be good if you could see a rode and cars passing through the trellising. :D

@Xoliul - Cheers dude, really appreciate the help you gave me earlier in the development of the model. Yeah a few people have mentioned that, I think the gloss of the paint with a more interesting cubemap will make it look alot more realistic, atm there isnt really anything for it to reflect!

@Makinmagic3 - :D Im still working on the interior, got ALOT of small bits and pieces to low poly, unwrap and bake and the arches/suspension is one part of that. Thanks dude!
  • Mathew O
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mathew O polycounter
    I like this, it is attractive to me.
  • Aga22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aga22 polycounter lvl 11
    i saw the rocker cover you made for the engine, and i wanna point out that s14's have variable timing on the intake cam, so theres a thingy that pops out there...

it might not be in all engines but mine at least has it... (thats not my car in the photo)
    6167d1095720358-rs-r-has-a-new-toy-for-its-s14-enginebay.jpg

also , the sidekirts go IN to the fender well, they hug it around

0512o.jpg
  • scotthomer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Aga, cheers for the ref dude, the skirts issue in my model will definitely be addressed, i'm really unhappy with the way the whole arch area is looking at the moment, id like to get the skirts to smoothly transition with this area.

Small update, ive been doing some work on the Rocker Cover, there are a tonne of variants in shapes and sizes and also alot of custom paint jobs/sticker bombs knocking about so I wanted to create about 10-15 color variants eventually, however for now im still working on the base materials. All rendered realtime in Cryengine 3.

valve-cover-wip.jpg

Cheers fellas!
  • nukes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nukes polycounter lvl 4
    super good work so far man,
    i'm bashin my head in cryengine now and to see such quality work and awesome materials makes me go back in the engine and bleed some more.
    keep it up.subbed.
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks awesome! clean render :)
  • PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    Really nice work so far Scott. Its been fun seeing you make this in hangouts :)
  • scotthomer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers guys!

@Nukes: Thanks man! Its just all a case of getting references and following as closely as possible. Cryengine's materials are physically based, so any realistic material is achievable as long as you have alittle patience and plenty of references. Drop me a PM if there is anything in particular you need help with!

@E-freak: Thanks dude! Cryengine ftw :D

@SCB: Thank you sweetheart...it has been a pleasure to be in the hangouts, definately helps keep me motivated.

Updates!
    Spent the weekend working on the car, the whole thing is baked out now and ive gotten to work texturing across the board. Once again the colour has changed, im hoping to get this thing locked down within the next few weeks so I can call the car done and focus on the environment.

200sx-progress.jpg
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    loving the new colour scheme. Can't wait to see it in it's battered beauty.

I am also definitely one for the AKIRA graphics and the Battle Royalesque Drift Alliance logo.

Tis turning into a beautiful Pig.
  • scotthomer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Lankus Maximus, thank you dude!

Ive been playing around with the idea of using decals and POM to fake damage to the body of the car, along with drift-stitching and what not. From the tests I did earlier in the project it definately feels that less is more. Might even be worth me doing a clean and a roughed up version.

Thank you dude!
  • scotthomer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    updates!

So I spent the long weekend (we had a 4 day weekend here in the UK) putting together a go-pro camera for the car. I rendered it initally in Vray an it is now baked out and in Cryengine aswell (untextured). The cameras are alittle on the...big...side at the moment, as their real size would hide all their detail and form so im still in 2 minds as to wether I should scale them down.

Anyway, moar pics!

The camera:
    gopro-final.jpg

The car:
    200sx-progress6.jpg

Hope you all had fun at GDC!
    Scott.
  • mats effect
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Go Pro looks awesome, nice job on the mount too. I think it looks a little too big on the side of the car though might be worth scaling down a tiny bit.

Edit:

Actually its only really the front one that looks a little big so it could just be the angle.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    This looks great man, I can only imagine how much fun you can have linking cameras in CE3 to where the GoPros are mounted, could be a really cool video.
  • Computron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Computron polycounter lvl 7
    3/10 - Needs some big-ass greentooth rims. :poly124:

In other words, amazing...

I love the GoPro.
  • Kroma!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kroma! polycounter lvl 9
    Love this project so far, will definitely have to return to it when I eventually get round to making my first car :P Looking forward to that camber :D
  • LuCh!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LuCh! polycounter lvl 5
    looking good, love the immense amount of detail you put in all over the car and inside