Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Near-Future Guns

Replies

• Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    @Shrike - Thanks for the comments. I cannot scratch the design and start over from concept, but I can fluidly change things and attempt to make them work. You make a great point about the barrel size, something I haven't noticed. Will address that. I must get defensive about the need of an ACOG on a weapon like this, though:
    300px-PEO_M249_Para_ACOG.jpg

@ZacD - Thanks. I'll do that. It'd help if I did more than just side concepts too.
  • AlecMoody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    I was about to say the same thing- Many of them come across as being side view drawn concepts. I think your designs would be a lot stronger if you started from first person perspective and didn't even consider the side until you were ready to start modeling.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Indeed. Concept is very foreign to me, and my skillset there needs a lot of work. In the future, I'll design more in perspective so depth isn't an afterthought. Thanks Alec
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    After pulling this latest gun apart to address several things, and fixing some, I was informed this morning that iCL has been delayed indefinitely. This means development on this weapon will be suspended. If I were farther along, I'd go ahead and finish it. Since I was currently making wholesale changes, it's hard to justify the time it requires.

I'd like to thank everyone who has provided their feedback. It's been an honor.