Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Balbarian - Unity iOS Game art dump

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
jimbo polycounter lvl 4
Hi there,

I thought I'd share some of the art for a recent game me (Artist) and a friend (Programmer) decided to make. It took us way too long to make (1.5 years), we initially started off mucking around in unity not knowing what to do and somehow we managed to blindly grope our way onto iTunes. Its 1.5 years I'll never get back but none the less were proud of our first app. Learnt a lot about the dev process for mobile and managed to start a company. Thinking about re making it properly and would like any and all feed back.

The poly count for most objects in the game is around 100 polys and up to 500 for the big character. Most of the levels are between 5 and 7k worth of polys. Used 512 textures for everything and clamped the sizes in unity. (should have used mega textures instead). Initially had some normal and spec maps for the characters but reduced the style to fast hand-painted to speed things up.

I've got feed back from friends and family but I would appreciate some REAL feedback. I'm keen to hear your feedback on everything both positive and critical (I'm compiling a doc with feed back for possible future remake)

Here's the link to a trailer I made so you can checkout the game play.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X8KbzGZ3SI"]The Balbarian Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Cheers,

James

Here are a few images of the art.

Balbarian in different states
balbariansmanyfaces.jpg

The Bosses
balbarianbossesandenemi.jpg

Assortment of props and traps
balbariandestructablevi.jpg

balbariandragonboss.jpg

balbariantemple.jpg

balbarianterraintrap.jpg

balbariantrapsandchalle.jpg

balbariantrees.jpg

Here are a few shots of the level construction. All 27 levels are between 5 and 7k polys
balbarianvillageintrole.jpg

balbarianswamplevel.jpg

balbariansnowlevelconst.jpg

An early WIP
balbarianvillageconstru.jpg

Replies