Old (#26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruSol View Post
Only suggestion I have is if you can't change the fur on the boots, to just make your own fur match it a little better.
Can't touch the base model. Nice work
Offline , triangle, 343 Posts, Join Date Mar 2012,  

Old (#27)
I don't know- I can see where narusol is coming from. What you've got is nice, but it could probably use a bit more white than blue in the fur. You could probably pull off keeping a white-> blue gradient, but right now it's reading as a completely different fur than what's in the original texture.
Offline , polycounter, 833 Posts, Join Date Jan 2007, Location Austin, TX  

Old (#28)
Yup I totally know that haha. The blue there now is just the base colour for the fur, the white is the highlight part which I will paint on later.
I didn't want to start with the white as I like more mid range base colours where I can easily go up and down when detailing. Starting with white limits me to only going down. Anyway long story short, in the end my aim is to match it to the boots as close as I can.
Offline , polycounter, 1,287 Posts, Join Date Sep 2007, Location Widgee, Australia  

Old (#29)
Isn't the part on the hood supposed to be a hair? Didnt think that this is fur..
Offline , null, 12 Posts, Join Date Oct 2012,  

Old (#30)
Please consider changing her hair back to blonde. It alters the character far too much. She is very well known for having blonde hair and the community probably won't like it. It sort of damages her personality/style.
Offline , null, 5 Posts, Join Date Nov 2012,  

Old (#31)
I'm just wondering if you are going to throw another surprise set at us lol. Good job tho, came out really well, just have work on the colors a bit!
- Naso
Offline , spline, 142 Posts, Join Date May 2010, Send a message via MSN to Naso  

Old (#32)
If there is one last set in your tank then I hope you go for Windrunner.
Offline , null, 13 Posts, Join Date Nov 2012,  

Old (#33)
thanks guys for the comments!

On a bit of a tangent, I tested out my rigs in game today. What a pain in the ass that was but I managed to get them looking decent!

Offline , polycounter, 1,287 Posts, Join Date Sep 2007, Location Widgee, Australia  

Old (#34)
Looks awesome! Nice work....as usual.
Offline , triangle, 343 Posts, Join Date Mar 2012,  

Old (#35)
Thanks Clyptic!

Okies I think the textures are pretty much done. Simple and clean, just how I like em!

Old (#36)
I'm going to assume you're taunting us. For Science.

You monster.
Offline , veteran polycounter, 4,073 Posts, Join Date Feb 2007, Location Austin, TX  

Old (#37)
Daammnn, you are a machine, a fantastic arty machine
Offline , polygon, 553 Posts, Join Date Jun 2007,  

Old (#38)
Hahah yeah well this machine is shutting down for maintenence pretty damm soon. Beeo boop.

Thanks for the support guys It's great motivation!

All done! Wooooo!

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f.../?id=110685928

Old (#39)
Really fantastic final result. Definitely my favourite!
Offline , spline, 224 Posts, Join Date Jan 2011, Location Cape Town - South Africa Send a message via Skype™ to Caldria  

Old (#40)
So.... when you make a bjillion dollars from all the items you sell, can you please fly me to your yacht party in your private jet?

thx.

^_^
Jacque Choi
Senior Character Artist
Eidos Montreal - Deus Ex
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,667 Posts, Join Date Aug 2006, Location Montreal QC, Canada Send a message via MSN to JacqueChoi  

Old (#41)
You will certainly have a winner or more from all these submissions.
This is one is awesome as usual, but I still prefer the works you did on Naga Siren.
Offline , spline, 138 Posts, Join Date Oct 2012, Location Portugal  

Old (#42)
Nice job! I really like the braids
Frazer Richardson - Environment Artist
http://frazerrichardson.com/
Offline , vertex, 29 Posts, Join Date Mar 2010, Location Oshawa, Ontario  

Old (#43)
Your works are phenomenal, where do you get the energy!? Very inspiring and instructive videos too. I've done nothing but fumble with zbrush but after watching a couple I think I may have to try my hand at this dota character stuff again. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your workflow with us.

Seriously some wicked cool shyt that I look forward to seeing in game!
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,483 Posts, Join Date Nov 2008, Location San Diego, CA  

Old (#44)
i just hope you will keep making your awesome stuff for dota 2 after this contest
Offline , vertex, 28 Posts, Join Date Oct 2012,  

Old (#45)
Crayfingers: So glad those are helpful to some people! You should definitely have a crack at a dota2 character. So much fun I tells ya!

Thanks for all the comments and support guys!

Pema: I am looking to make more after the comp but at a much, much slower rate hahaha

Old (#46)
Lovely as usual. Craziness as well. I hope we get to see all your items in the game!
This has been a fun few weeks of modeling progress to watch. And it all matches with the game in the end. Designing within the box is always a fun exercise.

You make me feel very lazy and it inspires me to get off my butt and get back to finishing up some more of my personal art pieces as well Anuxinamoon!

Now go sleep for a week, you earned it.
"Sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to master "Chuck Jones"
"If you can't explain something simply you don't understand it well enough "Albert Einstein"
Offline , spline, 164 Posts, Join Date Sep 2007, Location Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur!  

Old (#47)
Ahh it's finished! Another masterpiece. Really loving those braids. Amazing work as always. Hope to see more great items after the contest as well.
Offline , polygon, 546 Posts, Join Date Sep 2012, Location Stockholm  

Old (#48)
Jaw-droppingly amazing run during this contest, Anuxinamoon! Wonderful work on Maiden as well as all of your other badass ladies!!
Offline , spline, 107 Posts, Join Date Jun 2010, Location the desert  

Old (#49)
I want to thank you for inspiration during this challenge. I think your entries raised quality level of the contest at the very high level. Though I am not happy with some of my sets, forecoming will be much better) It was a very good lesson for me and I want to say thank you, for your lessons.
Beautiful design and otstanding execution. Good luck.
Offline , spline, 164 Posts, Join Date Jul 2010, Location Russian Federation. Kazan.  

Old (#50)
Aye! Thanks for putting up with my crap in the hangouts, all the help and raising the bar with all your awesome sets. I can't wait till they're all in game!
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,611 Posts, Join Date Jul 2011, Location Germany