Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Apache AH64_a - Texturing

Guilherme_rambelli
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Guilherme_rambelli polycounter lvl 5
Hello everybody, I'm the same guy modeling the Halo Environment,

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108565

I will be posting some progress from the Texture that I will paint for my Helicopter, I will be working in that project besides the Halo Environment because I have to finish some texture and set up the shaders until the end of next week, to turn as a Final project for my "Texturing and Shader" course so probably I will be posting fewer WIP from the Halo project once I done with the Apache,I will be updating the Halo Environment 2 times more than I usually do.

Today night I will upload few pictures already, thx everybody!

Time to work!

[vv]47566319[/vv]

I will be posting some pictures soon!
probably something today later!

thank you!

Replies

• Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whats up everybody, I just finished the Uving the first Material, I will be splitting the Model in 2 or 3 different materials (probably 2) in order to keep the quality in and to have a better management of the textures.
    I used Maya tool to Uv that part. I will be using Maya for everything else, and maybe if I got some difficulty opening some part I'll use "UvLayout".

Thanx for coming, if somebody have some question about uv, I'll be happy to help, if I know something about, off course xD
    thx for coming!

AH64_apache

0Ji0q.png?1

Material_1

ZGpJC.png?1

UV_material_1

yZhho.jpg?1

Good night!
  • Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Material 2

pictures =D

TgMSI.png?1

Uv_material_2

k0zBa.jpg
    good night everybody =D
  • toolpaddz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    toolpaddz polycounter lvl 10
    pack the uv shells tighter and fill the holes, man! You're wasting a lot of your uv space.
  • Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Today I'm posting pictures of the Apache done with the UV's, what means that tomorrow starts the cool part , TEXTURING IT! xD

And I'm also posting some pictures with a blinn material assigned to show a little bit the model.

UVed

IE3Rq.png

Pictures from the 1:

DwYQK.png

PFNRj.png

PuptM.png

kw7Nb.png

THnaks for coming , good night! more things soon =D

xD
  • Bad Spleen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very nice modelling and good UV layout.

Is this for a game asset? If so then I think there is possibly too much detail modeled onto the rotors that could be achieved with some normal maps. I would say that 200k polys is quite high, unless the player can get very, very close to areas.

That aside, it's a great model and I'm looking forward to the texturing :)
  • Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bad Spleen wrote: »
    Very nice modelling and good UV layout.

Is this for a game asset? If so then I think there is possibly too much detail modeled onto the rotors that could be achieved with some normal maps. I would say that 200k polys is quite high, unless the player can get very, very close to areas.

That aside, it's a great model and I'm looking forward to the texturing :)

Hey whats up? =D
    thanks for that dude, Yes I will definetely bake some info in a normal map, its actually for my Portifolio, But will be great to have a asset ready for runs into an Engine.
    thank you!
  • Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    toolpaddz wrote: »
    pack the uv shells tighter and fill the holes, man! You're wasting a lot of your uv space.

I know that uv layout have the tool to pack the Uvs, Maya does too?
    thank you!
  • Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good night everybody =D

Today I'm updating a texture that I Started painting 4 hours ago, 2 hours was to figure out how to work with Body paint 3D xD, but now It's looking more friendly.

I'm exporting screen shots from Body Paint and making the over painting in photoshop, than after done with the over painting you bring the screen shot back to body paint and bake the painting to your UV, is really cool, I think that way I can be more precisely with details.

Thank you for coming =D

I will be posting more stuff soon, and also will spend some time this weekend on my Halo scene. I'm a little late with my posts because I'm also freelancing.

Thank you Guys good night =D

Screen shoot that I painted over:

9pAC6.jpg

Paint over baked on my UV:

xaYAk.jpg

Good night Guys.
    if somebody have interest in learning Body Paint, I can streaming my wip tomorrow.
    thx for coming =D
  • Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good night everybody, Today I'm posting the progress form my texture =D

kzuCl.jpg

Pg3Gb.jpg

Tomorrow i will start painting some dirt map on top of the base color (actually is a tillable texture).

good night =D

tomorrow i will post some update from my Halo Environment

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1709195#post1709195
  • Ich 666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ich 666 polycounter lvl 9
    I have to agree with toolpaddz here, you should really redo the UV map for this one, right now theres WAY to much space wasted and youre going to do a lot of detail there.
  • Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ich 666 wrote: »
    I have to agree with toolpaddz here, you should really redo the UV map for this one, right now theres WAY to much space wasted and youre going to do a lot of detail there.

hey whats up man =D
    so, this is actually for my class,, i will texture the high ress version, but when i bake all the textures in the low res version of the helicopter i will poack everything in uvlAYOUT =d

thank you so much for the feedback =D
  • Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everybody, right now I'm texturing a Apache using Bodypaint 3D, Photoshop and visualizing in Maya, if somebody is interested in watching me, Join here =D

https://secure.join.me/143-077-623

How its coming out:

BdvPl.jpg

Thank you Guys =D
  • Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good night everybody =D
    Today I'm posting a picture showing how the texture is so far, I will be working a little bit more in the little pieces, than after that start painting some details in Bodypaint, I will be using BP3D to paint some scratches and imperfections crossing 2 or even 3 different materials.

THakn you =D

that is how it looks so far:

F0j7z.jpg

MzZH5.jpg

_diffuse 2 blocked out, with noise effect and AO baked in maya and blended as a multiply layer with 50% opacity.

37RJl.jpg

Thakn you guys, good night =D

I Got the process how to bake textures from a high poly mesh, to a low poly one, I will be showing it after "retopo" that mesh, but what i can tell is the process is even simpler tahn bake normals =D

Good night, thx for coming!
  • Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The last update of the night guys =D

Tomorrow I wont have internship so i will be working in the Halo Environment an d a little bit in this texture and another model for a freelance.

Good night Guys thanks for coming!

f4Y71.jpg
  • Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi everybody =D
    sorry I have been really busy!

Seems that I'm almost done with this, I will do more COMP details but that it how it looks so far!

hope that you guys like it =D

I will be posting all the texture maps, and everything else, and I will also retopo and make a Game version of the AH64A apache with trying to keep as much that i can the quality of textures and details

Thank you so much for everybody that participated of this thread !

I will be retopo that in couple weeks, but for while I will come back to my Halo Environemnt that looks a little raw yet.

HALO ENVIRONMENT

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108565&page=2

Thank!

good night =D

sQcPb.jpg
  • Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jpeg is reealy bad quality extension I will post something better next time! I promisse!
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    yeah, compression makes it hard to judge the quality.
  • Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid wrote: »
    yeah, compression makes it hard to judge the quality.

what compression do you think that will be good?

thx =D
  • Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello guys, so that is the final comp with that model, I will retopo it so I will take this thread back in a couple weeks, thank you a lot for your participation, it motivates me a lot, You can imagine how much helps me pushing myself.

Thank you!

Good night!

Apache_ah64a.png
  • Guilherme_rambelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey everybody, just sharing the last comp after critiques.

hope that you Like xD

THank you.
    Good Night!

PtB8R.jpg