Author : jacob07777

Old (#1)
Final image!

I'm going to have a crack at banging out a 3 piecer for naga siren in the last two weeks. Not sure if I will be done in time but you never know! It is only three peices...

Going for an empress theme. I've done a bajillion sketches in my sketchpad but here is one I sketched up quickly on the computers.

Also here is a rough blockout in Zbrush

Last edited by Anuxinamoon; 11-11-2012 at 01:16 AM..
Offline , polycounter, 1,277 Posts, Join Date Sep 2007, Location Widgee, Australia  

Old (#2)
Finalised the blockout. Time to polish it up now.
Offline , polycounter, 1,277 Posts, Join Date Sep 2007, Location Widgee, Australia  

Old (#3)
Inspiring work Anuxinamoon, im eagerly checking out your livestreams as well!
Offline , polygon, 552 Posts, Join Date Sep 2009, Location Australia  

Old (#4)
Damn! You come up with so many great ideas so quickly! Good luck on getting it finished, there's plenty of time still.
Offline , polycounter, 1,083 Posts, Join Date Feb 2009, Location San Francisco  

Old (#5)
Thanks guys

Got the highpoly done! Now onto the weapons! (which I have concepted in my sketchbook)

Old (#6)
You're a machine!

This is looking really good; elegant and regal.
Offline , polycounter, 938 Posts, Join Date May 2010, Location Sydney Send a message via Skype™ to BrontoThunder  

Old (#7)
jeebus! looking awesome! this is my favorite of yours so far.
Offline , veteran polycounter, 4,014 Posts, Join Date Feb 2007, Location Austin, TX  

Old (#8)
Hahah thanks!
Bounchfx: I'm getting a better idea for what to do since I started playing the game xD I just wanted to make something that I want to wear in game!

Okay weapon highpoly done!

EDIT: I've been live streaming the whole process all day so people can watch my sculpting to get to this point if they want

https://new.livestream.com/accounts/...events/1654121

Last edited by Anuxinamoon; 11-05-2012 at 03:22 AM..

Old (#9)
looks amazing. A small change/suggestion from me would be modeling and coloring the things that currently hang down from her headarmor, weapons and body armor with Nagas ensnare ability. So the things hanging down are one thread of her net with a pearl on the end of it. (of course increased in size so it isn't as small as the effect of the net)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...qMxGRcTY#t=44s

Here is the part of the video where she uses her ensnare. I mean the white glowy pearls at the end and for connection the net thread.

Last edited by Jindor; 11-05-2012 at 09:01 AM..
Offline , null, 13 Posts, Join Date Nov 2012,  

Old (#10)
Hahaha, oh man, woah, I can't believe you're making another one. Great stuff XD
Offline , polycounter, 807 Posts, Join Date Jan 2007, Location Austin, TX  

Old (#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindor View Post
looks amazing. A small change/suggestion from me would be modeling and coloring the things that currently hang down from her headarmor, weapons and body armor with Nagas ensnare ability. So the things hanging down are one thread of her net with a pearl on the end of it. (of course increased in size so it isn't as small as the effect of the net)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...qMxGRcTY#t=44s

Here is the part of the video where she uses her ensnare. I mean the white glowy pearls at the end and for connection the net thread.

Thats actually a really goood idea! I'll definitely test that out when it comes to texture time! THANKS!

Cheers OrganizedChaos! Hahah I know, I canny believe it too xD

Old (#12)
looking nice ) hairstyle reminds me star wars )
Offline , line, 96 Posts, Join Date Jun 2012,  

Old (#13)
Hahah yeah I was inspired by it a little

I probably won't have time to do the tail, but this is kinda what I had in mind for it.

Old (#14)
Retopo completed!

Old (#15)
If I remember correctly the bones for the end-pieces on the original weapons are flat, in line with the weapon itself. You might want to look into modifying your weapons' dangly bits.

The last time I looked at it Naga's weapons were also one object so they might have changed it.

Looking good though!
Offline , polycounter, 938 Posts, Join Date May 2010, Location Sydney Send a message via Skype™ to BrontoThunder  

Old (#16)
Crraaap. I'm going to do a bake then get a shot of them in game. I wonder if I can just get away with rigid binding them? :p

Old (#17)
Sculpt looks sweet man.. real nice
Offline , line, 74 Posts, Join Date Mar 2012,  

Old (#18)
you are just showing off at this point... im jealous
Offline , line, 95 Posts, Join Date Sep 2008, Location desert  

Old (#19)
Hahah Chee... how did you know? xD

HURRY UP AND FINISH YOUR ENTRY!

Old (#20)
Too much time on your hands :p. Nice work
----
Portfolio
FB / Twitter
Character Artist - The Creative Assembly.
Offline , polygon, 682 Posts, Join Date Nov 2009, Location Horsham, UK.  

Old (#21)
damn STOP! >.<
Offline , spline, 109 Posts, Join Date Aug 2012, Location Spain  

Old (#22)
Baj: Dude totally! I had a month of work so I'm able to work 12 hours a day on this.

Danidem: Nevaarrrrr!

Bake done. It was painful because I was so lazy with it. Not perfect but we will see how it goes.

Old (#23)
bake came out well! totally jealous of your time though. Crunching right now, barely getting in 30 minutes a night ;(. Can't wait to see this bad boy textured.
Offline , veteran polycounter, 4,014 Posts, Join Date Feb 2007, Location Austin, TX  

Old (#24)
This looks great! I really like the sleeves, they're awesome.
Offline , spline, 133 Posts, Join Date Feb 2009, Location Dallas, TX Send a message via AIM to Drywall  

Old (#25)
Dann Bounchfx. Thats rough dude! At least you made it to submission though

Thanks Drywall!

Okay I'ma need some feedback on these colours. I'm trying to stick to her theme but make it more regal looking... she has purple on her weapons and purple is regal so... I dunno if it works

I think I have been looking at it too long.