Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DOTA2] - Faceless Void - Timewinder

Final edit, up on the workshop now:

Jd78k.jpg

JHHxO.jpg

Timewinder: Faceless Void's lore tells us he has a hankerin' for Nemesis Stones; shards of a glowing crystal (possibly a moon?). Anyway, his search lead to the house of Kronos, God of Time, where he attempts to snag a few of the prize stones. Caught and imprisoned, the vengeful God (a big fan of ironic mythical Greek punishments) stabs several shards through the unfortunate Void and seals them in place with chained armour, before compelling him to wind the universe's clock for eternity.

Impaled and condemned to servitude, Void toiled for a millenia while slowly learning to draw power from the shards in his flesh. Eventually powerful enough to break free, Void escapes with the Nemesis shards and the clock's key - Timewinder - leaving the universe in temporal disarray. Perhaps capture was his plan all along, after all, what is a milennia to a timeless being such as he?

Hello! This is my set for Void, it's a fairly simple design but it should hopefully read well at game res and be accomplishable in the time remaining. Bit wary of the deadline so I've been hammering along, got the mace done and starting to test the pipeline with it:

zPfqG.jpg

PFX from the old weapon is in the wrong place, but actually looks pretty good if I shift the mesh so it's under the centre gem. Hopefully Valve can nudge the attach point along a bit.

Replies