Home Unreal Engine

Warning Message about static mesh

After I build lighting I got multiple warnings stating this:

[Static Mesh Actor] : Static mesh actor has NULL StaticMesh property

so I went to Epics website and checked out the directions on how to fix it but Its still an enigma and I still dont understand, they say this: :shifty:

[Static Mesh Actor] : Static mesh actor has NULL StaticMesh property This warning is caused when there is a static mesh actor in a level with a NULL StaticMesh property. This can be a problem because the actor exists and is using memory, but doesn't have a static mesh to actually draw. This warning is usually the result of creating a StaticMesh actor without first selecting a StaticMesh in the generic browser. This warning can be fixed by first selecting a static mesh in the generic browser and then going to the StaticMesh actor's Property Window->StaticMeshActor Category->StaticMeshComponent->StaticMeshComponent Category to set the 'StaticMesh' Property.

Replies

• Santewi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Basically you have a static mesh actor in the scene which tells the engine to render a mesh at this position, but you don't have any mesh assigned to the actor. Look for the actor in the scene tab in the content browser and just delete it.
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 18
    Oftentimes this happens because you delete the static mesh in the package. Unreal can't find it if you deleted it, right--but it still has a 'node' of it placed in the world.

You can do what santewi suggests, but it might be quicker to do a'map check for errors' (from one of the top dropdown menus--can't remember which) and then you can click on the error and to the right there's a button that says "GO TO"..this will center the viewport around the now-invisible mesh...with the mesh selected. You can just hit delete to remove it, or, if you still have the mesh that once belonged to the know (say, you reimported it with a new name and deleted the linked one), you can hit F4 to bring up the invisible node's properties and inside the 'staticmesh' module there's a spot to plug in a new "mesh" that will use the node's translation/rotation/scale/properties/etc.
  • solarSailor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks got it. :)