Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Jeremiah Jensen

Hey all, Starting a sketchbook from my very begging, Lots to learn but just gonna bust ass and work on learning it all

Replies

• JeremiahJensen
    some more things, trying to focus on 3dsmax modelling so i can get some fundamentals under my belt !

watchrender.jpg
    tank.jpg
    mr_grinnns_by_jerryactric-d5jlt5b.jpg
    barscene.jpg
    Alien.jpg
    Untitled-1-5.jpg
  • raiderman
  • JeremiahJensen
    raiderman wrote: »
    Cool

haha thanks man ! Just gotta keep learning till i can actually make things :P

A guy in zbrush, but the rest of the stuff is focusing on topology, Having trouble working out how to make loops for the faces and not end up with mess, But ill put everything up incase anyone can lend a hand

zbrush fun, made some bases in 3ds
    then started to poly paint

zbrushsketch.jpg

creatureguy.jpg

made this and decided i was going to try and get loops down because this was just terrible

Untitled-5.jpg

so i started on a plane
    Untitled2.jpg
    moreshit.jpg

YAY.jpg

step 1

little further

figure-2.jpg

and another gun i made

Gun-2.jpg
  • Khaja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, I did a quick paintover to highlight some of the problem areas in your torso topology. There may be more but i don't have decent reference on me to check.

Red lines equal bad and green lines equal good.

bodypaintover.png

1, Your eyes are very elipsical, eyes aren't a perfect circle however they pinch into more teardrop shapes near the edges, (if that makes any sense)

2, The loops around your nose should loop into your jaw and that then avoids the pole in your cheek. That is what is causing the mess when you subdivide it more.

3, You could probably get rid of some of the edges along the forehead to even up your topology.

4, The edge you've ended under the neck could be continued down and used to help define the pectoral muscles.

Keep working and it'll become awesome! :D
  • JeremiahJensen
    Khaja wrote: »
    Hi, I did a quick paintover to highlight some of the problem areas in your torso topology. There may be more but i don't have decent reference on me to check.

Red lines equal bad and green lines equal good.

bodypaintover.png

1, Your eyes are very elipsical, eyes aren't a perfect circle however they pinch into more teardrop shapes near the edges, (if that makes any sense)

2, The loops around your nose should loop into your jaw and that then avoids the pole in your cheek. That is what is causing the mess when you subdivide it more.

3, You could probably get rid of some of the edges along the forehead to even up your topology.

4, The edge you've ended under the neck could be continued down and used to help define the pectoral muscles.

Keep working and it'll become awesome! :D

Khaja Thank you for taking some time to lead me in the right direction, i tried to put some of the loops in the other heads that you pointed out, im going to focus hard on working out how to control edge loops, Its funny how the simplest things are so complex in the beginning. Although i did noticed i changed how i went about making heads, trying to the face with loops rather then add geometry everywhere !

but here is some more visual vomit trying to learn things

anatomy study
    hand.jpg

Trying to learn how to control edge loops
    sphereexcercise.jpg

Trying to use edge loops, failing
    Anotherattempt.jpg
    headtopology.jpg
    Morestuff.jpg
    Untitled-2-9.jpg

Drawing topology on
    Loopguide.jpg

First attempts at alpha maps
    alphapractice.jpg
    hairpractice-1.jpg
    Hairpractice.jpg
    anotherhairattempt.jpg

some doodles
    Untitled-2-8.jpg
    morningdoodles.jpg
  • JeremiahJensen
    some more learning from today, made bases for both in 3dsmax, trying to understand loops more and more ! will continue the dragon bird guy tomorrow :)
    AnatomyPractice.jpg
    base.jpg
    dragonsculpt.jpg
  • JeremiahJensen
    learned a Ton today!
    dragon.jpg
    WOOOHOO.jpg

and a real time !! :D

WOOHOO.jpg
  • JeremiahJensen
    Bust.jpg
    Bust2.jpg
    Failed poop
    Beforeistartover.jpg
    Spent forever trying to texture and rig this, but didnt end up too well
    dude-1.jpg
    Started to try a full body again
    figureagain.jpg
  • JeremiahJensen
    was out of the state for a week but now back into it !

Chair.jpg
    knightdude.jpg
    figure-3.jpg
    whattodonext.jpg
  • JeremiahJensen
    More Practice , prac prac practicicicicici then some more
    Tree-1.jpg
    Asset-1.jpg
    head-2.jpg
    1111-2.jpg
    Headday2.jpg
    modularbrick.jpg
    dude-2.jpg
    day3.jpg
  • aaron2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good start!
    So you have done it in Zbrush or what?
  • JeremiahJensen
    Hey Aaron, Some is in zbrush and some in 3dsmax :) thanks for the comment
  • JeremiahJensen
    having a go at my first serious character with bakes and topology, still WIP

guy.jpg