Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota 2] - Witch Doctor - TBD

Dec, 6 Update:

latest post:

Judging by the workshop ratings so far there is definitely room for improvement with my designs but I haven't had many comments/critiques as of yet.

Any suggestions for this or any future sets? I had a lot of fun doing the contest and look forward to making many more items but wanted to get some guidance insofar as where my focus should be. Right now I'm thinking that simplifying my designs would be first on the agenda. I definitely learned a lot about what does/doesn't work at these polycounts and UV map scales.

So once again I am really looking for some crits here but thanks again for the feedback I did receive and can't wait to start another set, hopefully a courier as well at some point since that would involve what I actually do (Animator).

Original Post:

Hey everyone,

I'm a little late with just under a month to go but thought I would design a set for the Witch Doctor.

Here are the rough designs I have so far. I have some sketches done for the back and weapon slots and I'll hopefully find time to post those tomorrow. Hopefully I'll also get a ward in as well.

I've submitted to the Dota 2 workshop before and found that my biggest time sink was due to not having decided on a solid design before starting to model. That being said I'd love to hear any feedback and suggestions you may have regarding the overall theme/direction of the set. Some of my designs are wayyy too complicated to work so I'm hoping to simplify (head option D is my favorite but with the budget allotted to the head slot it doesn't seem doable).

Overall I'm leaning towards a plague/fungal/poison theme.

..."it's time for shots!"

iioyu.jpg

OpOFl.jpg

Replies