Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota 2] - Faceless Void - Runes of Time Set

Hey guys, how are you? So, here is a early concept of a set to the faceless void. I still have a lot of work to do. Later I post a more detailed concept. I hope you like it :)

facelees%2520concept.jpg

Replies

• Vindalia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Interesting idea with the glowing orbs! I'm thinking you could make them even bigger--they are about the same diameter as the circular punch-outs at the end of the slot they are hovering in, and it would be good to add some contrast between those two shapes. I'd also be worried about the armor on his lower arms being too detailed to make out. Perhaps try a simpler form so that his shoulder and head armor could stand out more? Good luck, and looking forward to seeing more! :)
  • Echronos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Vindalia! Thanks a lot for the sugestions man! I changed the concept a bit. here is the result:

facelees%2520concept2.jpg

Now I have to work on the weapon :)
  • Vindalia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool, I'm really digging the variety you have in there for the sizes of spheres and the "sphere holders" if thats what you can call them. I'm wondering if you want to save the biggest sphere for the spot above his head instead of the shoulder. That way he'll look a bit more centered. Looking good! :)
  • Echronos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the tips Vindalia! I think that with the weapon it is going to be more centered :)

New update:

facelees%2520concept3.jpg
  • P05TMAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there,
    I love Faceless Void (my favourite character) and am stoked to see your designs flesh out more. My only piece of criticism is that the weapon is a little too similar to whats in game already. I believe its called "Epoch" minus the hourglass centre. Even if its not exact, it definitely reminds me of it and perhaps you could toy around with a few more designs or changes to your current so it doesn't draw too many similarities from whats already available.
  • cerberusd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks really nice, very unique design and fits the hero perfectly. I just wanted to point out that the fv weapons that are in the store right now are somewhat similar to urs, so you might wanna take a look at those and see if you want to take a more fresh approach. Just a thought- keep up the good work!
  • Mavell Duceau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it, but as the head itself is a load out slot, maybe making the structure grow out of his head or somesuch would be better, because otherwise the polygon count will get ridiculous if you try to add shaped AND keep the default head alongside it.
  • Echronos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P05TMAN- I love Faceless Void too and I'm happy you liked the concept. I'll check this weapon out. Probably I'll have to work on my concept. Thanks man!

cerberusd- Thaks man! P05TMAN said the same thing about the weapon. I'll try to create a new one, or modify the one I have.

Mavell Duceau- Man, I didn't thought about that. This is a big problem! But I did some sketches in 3d and I think I can attach the ''helmet'' with the shoulder. So I can add a little detail to the head. Thanks a lot for the warning :)
  • Echronos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, so here is the new concept for the weapon. Indeed, the old one was very similar to a weapon that already exist. Now it's time for 3d modeling :)

facelees%2520concept4.jpg
  • P05TMAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for listening! I really like the shape of the new weapon design. Look forward to how it fleshes out in 3D.
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    Hi.
    Its good to see other Faceless Void thread :) (maybe I am wrong but I did't saw many of theme here...)
    I really like the belt design. However I think that shoulders and arms could benefit if you strap them to body with some kind of arm bands or leather straps. You could try and decide.
    Also after you mentioned it I am a bit worried about head slot. Theoretically items should occupy similar space to original items. In my design that probably mean that I need to remove shoulder material from head slot :/
    As for your design I suggest trying to remove some geometry of teeth and inside of Void's mouth, maybe limiting head triangles a bit. After that I am sure you will manage to put your head piece inside head slot limit :)
    Also I recommend exporting items to engine with use of SMD files, they are more correct(FBX have weird scale 33%), but FBX is helpful when you want to modify geo because its not triangulated.
    Good luck!!
  • Echronos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P05TMAN - Thanks man!

Konras - Thanks for the tips man! I'll try to remove some geometry from faceless void's face to make his helmet:)

With this 2 weeks extension I think I'll have time to finish this set. Here is the weapon in game:

weapon.jpg
  • Echronos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shoulders in game
    ombreira.jpg
  • Echronos
  • Echronos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fixed the normals:

itens.jpg