Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

AtlusZMH's Dump Zone(and Stream!)

Hey guys, I decided to start a master thread of sorts to dump all my work in for crits, comments and such!

Latest Work![2/22/2013]

1.PNG

Crits and comments are always welcome!

Thanks!

PS. I cleaned up this first post and removed some guns so it can be used to show just my latest updates!

Replies

• AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iv097d6s9CQ5s.PNG
    ibfc4Ux87hbo3E.PNG
    iYLCM8mpFMp73.jpg
    ixOizI1qBJIiY.jpg
    i7xOSdUs8dwi2.PNG
    ibahXHjL8fa0uI.PNG
    ibzjw65pCE323m.PNG
    iblQWvjcN1CYWN.PNG
    ib1WmZKkoBHYmr.jpg

(Modeled the assets in this scene, did not compose the level or do the lighting! Not exactly sure who did, but props to another awesome artist on the Kung Fu Superstar team for sure! If anyone knows who did the lighting/setup, let me know so I can give them 100% credit here!)
  • sipher3325
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you need more guns =D
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you REALLY wanna see more guns, you can go to my portfolio!

www.zachhahn3d.com

And see MORE!

There should be a mech appearing here in the next couple of days as I finish these projects though... which is super exciting for me!
  • gilesruscoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gilesruscoe polycounter lvl 10
    Hey man, the modelling looks great on all of these. Unfortunately, the material definition is off on almost all of them - they look too much like toy plastic and are rather flat. I highly recommend you taking the time to read over Racer445's material definition breakdown (i think it's on the wiki) to see where you can improve.
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree, My texturing definitely needs work. Thanks for the heads up for Racer's material Tut :)
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's what I was workin on over the past 24 hours!

These are the high-polys, I am currently baking and should finish em up tomorrow!

i26ikEtJBYB88.PNG
    ibiEgSntqnO6LD.PNG

Thanks for lookin!
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Final shots from those attachments.

ig9ffhL542iri.PNG
    i6R09WyxEgYSr.PNG
    ibmERHIzeDewrk.PNG
    iMkyJ2xnz1Rid.PNG
    iyj5DSXWeAaRT.PNG
    iGUEVaBPnSQp4.PNG
    iEGiINWuaYl6q.PNG

Some are a bit dark.. I plan on working for a few hours tonight on some basic texture/material work!

Any comments/crits are welcome!

Had to reformat my comp yesterday, so I'll be re-organizing my hotkeys and such as well.
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a material study I've been working on tonight and this morning. As was previously stated, my texture work is lacking, So I wanted to focus a couple simple assets on trying to define materials better as well as working on some hand painted wear and tear.

I could use any crits or comments you guys have!

My biggest concern is the hand painted scratches. I was hoping people can point out where its working, where it isnt, and possibly what I could do to improve it. I feel like I struggle the most with that aspect right now.

Thanks a ton ahead of time!

ibnDSoyo3z9gz6.PNG
    iHvxOe7V9sIOC.PNG
    iR3DThR5y7EYK.png
    iGtMbznHRIO4G.png
    iXyHzhJ0JZ2Ei.png
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Currently streaming another material study if anyone is interested in watching!

http://www.twitch.tv/AtlasZMH
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ihh8JIo0iD3gK.PNG

Finished this tonight, now working on some hand-painted fun!
  • WEe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WEe
    Hey! Liking your stuff, but I have some crits. All the guns seem too clean and the metal texture could use some work as they do seem quite plastic on some parts.

The scratching one some parts of these newere models is a bit too much. It just sticks right away when I look at them. Tone them down a bit id say.
  • Kon Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kon Artist polycounter lvl 8
    mind sharing the material and setting used on the glass on the eotech sight? Looks pretty cool. Crit, basically what WEe said. On top of that the scratches are very uniform right now.
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I just googled scope lens and found something on there for it, its just ripped from a pic :) no fancy shader.

And thanks a ton for the crits! the scratches definitely feel like my most frustrating area..
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am currently streaming the creation of this mech!

135a7c1d0e83e9000cf2de603708732f.jpg

My stream can be found here! http://www.twitch.tv/atlaszmh

While not 100% true to the concept(I dont like the feet much or some of the proportions) It is heavily inspired by it.

Also, because this is an art thread, heres another gun! woo!

ibvhdLlNOYVo6N.PNG
    ipRMX2MWKWP2I.PNG
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the progress so far on that mech suit I've been streaming

ibkXGLvOURd47g.PNG
    iiCA8lXzBkUpj.PNG

I decided I did not like the legs on the concept, so I have been prototyping new ones and working from the foot up! I will be taking this model all the way to completion on the stream, which includes importing it into UDK and possibly Cryengine for beauty shots.

This is also the model I will be starting with for the Game Dev Daily! More information about the stream can be found here: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1713259#post1713259

Check that thread out, then follow me on twitter and twitch so you can see updated and news about the daily! I am super excited for this new venture and I hope everyone who decides to watch will find it helpful and fun too!
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Giving this post a quick bump to let everyone know I'll be streaming my first Game Dev Daily tonight at 6:00PM PST!

Come and join me and others while I model the crap out of that mech!
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome first night! Thanks everyone who came and watched, I really appreciate it!

Tonight I focused primarily on the foot and leg. Here is an update.
    iZmcqnnsUOd3G.PNG
    idMQSjwqbqtEC.PNG
    iq1cnOExZ46Se.PNG

It was a bit slow going as I didn't have a concept to work from, but I am happy with it so far!

If you guys have any comments or crits feel free to post em here!

My next stream will be on Wednesday due to family Thanksgiving preparation tomorrow.
    After that I will stream again on Friday, and after turkey week I should be doing a stream each weekday.

Thanks for takin a look at my work!
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Latest model completed! Halo turret fan art

Concept By: Paul Richards! (http://autodestructdigital.blogspot.com/?zx=11a02b50f1d84844)

1.PNG
    2.PNG
    3.PNG
    9.PNG
    10.PNG
    11.PNG
    More pics can be found HERE: http://zachhahn3d.com/turret.php

This was a WIP from early January, but I got caught up with some freelance and didn't get a chance to finish it until now.

This was also my first serious model that was textured with dDo! As far as my impressions with that, its really neat. I don't think I'd rely 100% on it again, but it makes a quick start!

Let me know what you think!