Old (#26)
I like stuffs, keep it coming!
- Naso
Offline , spline, 142 Posts, Join Date May 2010, Send a message via MSN to Naso  

Old (#27)
Nice blockin! looking really good!
Offline , polycounter, 862 Posts, Join Date Nov 2004, Location The Netherlands  

Old (#28)
Easily one of my favorites. Again the colors are perfect and the 3d blank is looking great on the character.

- BoBo
Offline , Moderator++, 1,566 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Austin Texas!  

Old (#29)
small update.

Ill probably have the sculpt fished tonight after work, along with a few color ideas. Im still thinking of keeping the set a dark value, but with some light color gradients...

Last edited by ENODMI; 11-06-2012 at 09:50 AM..
Offline , polycounter, 922 Posts, Join Date Sep 2009, Location Seattle  

Old (#30)
I hope you keep the black and red honestly, well done!
- Naso
Offline , spline, 142 Posts, Join Date May 2010, Send a message via MSN to Naso  

Old (#31)
I will be curious to see if this gets accepted with the drastic new color changes. It would show us how much Valve allows for changing the designs and adding new colors instead of just keeping to the exact colors from the original model. Hope it gets accepted!

Cheers
"Sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to master "Chuck Jones"
"If you can't explain something simply you don't understand it well enough "Albert Einstein"
Offline , spline, 158 Posts, Join Date Sep 2007, Location Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur!  

Old (#32)
YES! I was hoping for some sexy updates on this! Really look forward to seeing your colours
Offline , polycounter, 1,237 Posts, Join Date Sep 2007, Location Widgee, Australia  

Old (#33)
This looks just awesome!
Jacque Choi
Senior Character Artist
Eidos Montreal - Deus Ex
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,524 Posts, Join Date Aug 2006, Location Montreal QC, Canada Send a message via MSN to JacqueChoi  

Old (#34)
The most important beauty shot in all of game production:

Old (#35)
That is the most beautiful unwrap I have ever seen. I would honestly keep that checker texture as the final. It would be pretty sweet.
Offline , spline, 164 Posts, Join Date May 2010, Location Redmond, WA  

Old (#36)
Fresh from the oven

Old (#37)
this is gonna be hot!
Offline , polycounter, 822 Posts, Join Date Aug 2007, Location Kirkland, WA  

Old (#38)
Center armor piece is going to have to change I skinned it all up and her animations are so dramatic that is going to crash through no matter what. Im thinking Ill replace it tomorrow with something smaller and higher up on her waist...

Old (#39)
I know what you mean! I totally had that same issue with mine, Luckily it was low enough for me to finesse the weighting.

Looking good though mate!
Offline , polycounter, 1,237 Posts, Join Date Sep 2007, Location Widgee, Australia  

Old (#40)
Anuxinamoon: yeah, I probably should have studied her animations before designing that front armor plate. Not sure if you noticed, but she also has a strange contrapposto in her animations that make attaching things to hips just painful

No fun Sunday...I deleted my work from yesterday by accident and had to relayout the uv's and rebake eveything

I did ,however, start texturing tonight:

Old (#41)
Good work bro...liking what i'm seeing!
Offline , null, 7 Posts, Join Date Mar 2010, Location Here.  

Old (#42)
awesome to see this progress, I still love the colours, my only crit would be that the orange in the last image seems red'er than the concept, could just be the lighting but I personally preferred the more orangey orange, lol, hope that makes sense.
Offline , line, 94 Posts, Join Date Sep 2008,  

Old (#43)
So do the normal maps actually do anything in this engine!? They seem to affect the rim light the most... but are just so subtle besides that

wip:

Old (#44)
Did you try flipping the green channel?
Offline , polycounter, 905 Posts, Join Date May 2010, Location Sydney Send a message via Skype™ to BrontoThunder  

Old (#45)
^ this. The half lambert they use looks amazing but softens the normals quite a bit. Make it pop by playing with the masks to get different variations in the spec and Fresnel.

Download Xoliul shader 2.0 to have a look at how the half lambert effects your normals and plus it s a great way to render presentation shots of your model ;)

Old (#46)

Old (#47)
Awesome work Enodmi!
Offline , polygon, 544 Posts, Join Date Sep 2009, Location Australia  

Old (#48)
Damm that looks so nice in game!

Love that wicked weapon!

Old (#49)
Fantastic work so far. This is definitely my favorite of the Naga sets being made. Great wok, keep it up!
Offline , spline, 101 Posts, Join Date Oct 2012, Location Cape Town, South Africa  

Old (#50)
Great work man, the swords are kick ass! I see what you meant by that plate in the middle front section of her torso, since its to late for me to change it, im gonna have a shot at re-skining it.
Offline , polygon, 585 Posts, Join Date Feb 2008, Location Tarsier Studios, Sweden