Old (#1)
Just throwin out an idea.. hoping to finish this one.

Last edited by Tadao215; 10-03-2012 at 12:21 AM..
Offline , triangle, 409 Posts, Join Date Apr 2008, Location Van Nuys, CA Send a message via Skype™ to Tadao215  

Old (#2)
Hoping you will, too! Sounds like a really cool idea.
Offline , polygon, 572 Posts, Join Date Oct 2012,  

Old (#3)
Im not very good at drawing so ive collected a few images and put together a collage of references:

aaannd here is a face that ive started:

For my next post I think I'll have most of the highpoly done before turning her into a zombie, then perhaps collect reference on more zombie things.

Also, just got caught up with 'the walking dead'.. great show for some zombie reference.
Offline , triangle, 409 Posts, Join Date Apr 2008, Location Van Nuys, CA Send a message via Skype™ to Tadao215  

Old (#4)
Yeah I loved the last Walking Dead episode...! Although I'm scared of what Carl will become in a few years!

Awesome work so far, Tadao. Keep it up!

Old (#5)
wow, really great face sculpt, this will turn out nicely.
Offline , polycounter, 799 Posts, Join Date Jul 2012,  

Old (#6)
Thanks people!

I do not have the highpoly completely done yet but i just wanted to make sure that these child proportions looked correct before clothing her...

She is still in different dynamesh pieces.. I'll merge everything together and dynamesh it into one contiguous mesh as soon as I have these proportions figured out :/

Looking for any comments/validation from someone. Thanks!

Last edited by Tadao215; 10-27-2012 at 01:46 AM..

Old (#7)
Those are some rock solid proportions! I think everything is in order. The scapula might be a bit too big? It might just be the angle of the renders. Great job on this though, cant wait to see more
Offline , line, 61 Posts, Join Date Jul 2012,  

Old (#8)
"As is" she looks a bit too muscular for a young girl, especially in the neck/trapezius area.

But the proportions looks ok.

She looks a bit like a Skyrim little girl, doesn't she ?^^
Offline , polygon, 621 Posts, Join Date Sep 2011, Location France Send a message via Skype™ to Texelion  

Old (#9)
Thanks guys!
Here is what she looks like currently:

Here are what the shoes look like up close:

aaannd this was me messing around with some nitrous filter:

I still have more accessories and parts of the body I need to finish before I zombify her.

Old (#10)
damn thats some god shoes, always had trouble modeling things like that.
can I ask what your shoe pipeline is?
Offline , polycounter, 799 Posts, Join Date Jul 2012,  

Old (#11)
Thanks Lotet,
I'll see if I can describe this thoroughly.
- I usually start my shoes off by modeling out the sole from a box and I'll do this while following an image plane of the bottom of the shoe.
- The top part of the shoe I'll begin with two separate boxes (one for the back and one box for the front) as I start shaping these boxes eventually I have them merge somewhere in the middle.
- Once I have a nice shape for the top part of the shoe I will use the step build tool in max to build layers of separate panels on top and then create an intruded edge along all sides for placing stitches onto later.
- for stitches here is a great tutorial:
http://jeremiahbigley.com/Subpages/T.../Stitches.html

(also when it comes to adding detail I've found that its ok not to guide loops through out your model depending on how flat the surface is. subdividing it will quad everything off anyway.)

Sometimes by guiding loops all the way through your model you start to add some pinching to places where you once had even edges.

Hope you find that useful!

Old (#12)
This is looking great and going to make one hell of a disturbing zombie.

The face looks great.

For proportions it seems like the legs are a little long (could just be a lengthening illusion from those socks and the high waistline) She seems like a short 10 yr old from proportions, but her face looks younger than that, like 6-8.

It's amazing to see someone make such a detailed shoe in the age of dynamesh. I would have normally just started with a sphere, but I wouldn't have achieved nearly these results. I'm gonna follow those steps you outlined next time around.
Offline , null, 7 Posts, Join Date May 2007,  

Old (#13)
Thanks, h2olt!
heres an update:

Adjusted the shape of her face just a tad. Ill try to use most of my weekend to zombify her.

Old (#14)
This is awesome, just can't wait how she turn out into a zombie
Offline , line, 50 Posts, Join Date Jul 2012, Location Malang, Indonesia Send a message via Yahoo to Tioxic Send a message via Skype™ to Tioxic  

Old (#15)
lovely work man, nice crisp detail...keep it up
Offline , triangle, 492 Posts, Join Date Sep 2010, Location Austin, TX  

Old (#16)
Thanks again guys!
Her first day of being zombified:

Old (#17)
holy geez! awesome detail! this zombie is going to be a hit when its completed.

Old (#18)
YES!! Amazing work!
Offline , line, 98 Posts, Join Date Jul 2012,  

Old (#19)
amazing looking so far cant wait to see the finished product.
Offline , line, 60 Posts, Join Date Dec 2011, Location Santa Rosa CA  

Old (#20)
... Wow... Definitely on the right track. Beautiful work. We want to see moar!

Old (#21)
heres the rest of the highpoly:

I think I'll start the lowpoly soon

Old (#22)
Very nice job on this girl!
Offline , null, 18 Posts, Join Date Oct 2012, Location France  

Old (#23)
great detail man, seriously. But I think that lower bullethole is misplaced. Unless she got shot when she was sitting down then it would be understandable. I dont know, maybe you've noticed this and you're fixing it hopefully. Other than that good job

Old (#24)
Hey, thanks.
I think I understand what you're saying. Is it because the lower bullet hole is leaky without there being any body behind it?

Old (#25)
Exactly