Replies

• PhrozeN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Behold, the initial LowPoly!

aetherealchargesampler0.png

And here we go, the highpoly of the Horns is done and hereby shown:

horns01.jpg

They are just about ready to be projected as normal maps for the lowpoly cage, even though I am still going to revise everything before moving on to texturing.
    I am also done with the shoulders and bracers, come back tomorrow for the pics, I would love to get some feedback on everything once posted!

Phro
  • PhrozeN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I was going to sleep but I ended up not being able to resist the urge to post the shoulder Pauldrons, so I just pulled stuff together really quick and here it is!
    shoulders04.jpg

The Bracers are also hinted in there, but those will have to wait until tomorrow because I really do need to get my butt in bed, check back soon!
    Phro
  • Mavell Duceau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    holy shite that looks pretty. Good job!
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Horny, eh? everyone's gone horny. :poly124:

Looks good, but images are small to me. ;)

Did you check the animations out with a temp mesh for those shoulders that is the same as your current silhouette?
  • PhrozeN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys!

Yes I have tested the set pieces, the pauldron is the toughest to get right but I was able to successfully integrate it with the way he moves and atacks, there is only some minor overlapping (while running) where they meet the arms, under the main structure of the shoulder pieces, wich you will not be able to see from the in-game view nor the idle animation in the shop preview, but I will still have a look at it later on the project.

Meanwhile, here are the bracers I promissed, hopefully by tomorrow I should have the belt or some weapons done, stay tuned!

bracers01.jpg
    Phro
  • agentfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looking badass! Only thing I'd say is the silhouette is a bit rounding. The horns get lost in the profile... altho this character lends itself to a bunched up/hunched over style. Nice looking sculpts.
  • PhrozeN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Behold, the belt is half done!

quadagon.jpg

Next up I need to block up the weapon, I have waaaaay too many concepts for that one so I just may end up letting you guys chose... so do check back here soon! After I get that done there is still a lot to do in order to break the excessive symmetry and optimize the lowpolys accordingly, so the entire look should still improve a lot.

There is also a piece missing in between the shoulder pads (in the back) that im already working on, thus why it looks like something needs to fit there.

Oh and thank you so much for the comments!
    Phro
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Going to try to help, and thanks for posting a comment to my entry.

That material really makes It hard to understand what the details are like. I wanted to do the same with the black material though It just won't read right, should probably pimp the armor and model on a grey background just plain but helps a lot with trying to critic anything that looks off, also he blends into the background cause It matches his color pallet.

Grey, background Grey or more readable base color a tan, or other for the armor.

It's nice and in the past I have done the same thing but it really doesn't help the armor or model out any.
    I believe the final is were all the colors should come in.

I've done what you've done on my entries/pimps in the current/&/past with the color mats cause I like to think It makes it more readable, even though It probably doesn't.

Keep it up.
  • PhrozeN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man, and np!

Yeah I see what you are saying, everything should be much easier to understand once I get rid of the shiny material and apply the hand painted textures, i just love lookin at the models as sweet looking as possible as I build them up :D

I will also try to ditch the background for a few entries and see how that goes, hopefully I will be able to get more c&c that way!
  • Managor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Those are pretty sweet looking horns
  • PhrozeN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Managor!

Just a quick update, I will be releasing shots of the weapon (or weapons if I cant decide) tomorrow!
  • diegoleeon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    great armour set :D
  • Malakay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, this looks great. Are you going to change the chest armor, too? The golden chainmail doesn't go well with your new pieces.

Great color choice!
  • PhrozeN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah the shame, the shame of it all! Life got in the way so I have not been updating this for ages, but rest assured I am back on it and have a race ahead of me to make it within the deadline, so here we go!

Check out the new weapon and already optimized Lowpoly geometry, everything here is within the LOD1 parameters, its all normal maps and triangles!
    newpreview.jpg

I have also changed/optimized the horns and their shape, along with the pain that was to make those bracers and shoulder pads fit the lowpoly budget, but everythings done and ready to be painted tomorrow so check back soon!

Phro
  • PhrozeN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • PhrozeN