Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

A little peasanty home

I decided to start making a little peasant home. I've gotten the layout down with some of the models and textures but it's time to consult the hive mind here for C&C as I continue progress with this environment.

screenshot13.jpg
screenshot14.jpg
screenshot15.jpg
screenshot16.jpg
screenshot17.jpg

Replies

• Selaznog
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Looks awesome! I think at this point all you need is basically more clutter. Texture work is great but you could use some dirt or mud grunge at the bottom by those bricks.
  • nathanbarrett
    Offline / Send Message
    nathanbarrett polycounter lvl 6
    I really like this style! It's not often people do a house completely (inside and outside) so it's refreshing to see! I love the hand-painted style you've got going on too. It's a very sketchy style and I love it. I'm by no means an expert, but here's a few things I noticed.

Some of the wood textures look a little bit off. The table for instance, works really well I think. But in the 4th image, the sides of the attic look a bit out of proportion. It might just be a case of reducing the tiling. Similarly, in the same shot, the texture looks way too small on the crate.

My only other point is about focus and lighting etc. This is probably pointless to mention however, because your work is still WIP, but the lighting itself is very flat. I assume you will be adding additional lighting inside, from the fire, and candles (?) maybe.

This is still looking awesome though, the kitchen is my favourite area. Keep it up :)
  • Pioldes
    Offline / Send Message
    Pioldes polycounter lvl 5
    Thought about food? You know, like apples, cabbages, etc. A little bit more stuff so it looks like a place someone lives in.

But really, it looks very great so far! I'm a fan of the textures and lighting.