Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

CE3: Shanty Environment

Zin83
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Zin83 polycounter lvl 9
This is an environment I've been working on for a little while. Its not done yet, but I thought it would be a good idea to get some feedback from you guys.

b35c4893.jpg
1834aa5f.jpg
611b72fc.jpg
6f457466.jpg

Replies

• michaelkr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    very nice work man. i love the "get you meth" sign. great lighting too
  • Shiskebab
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiskebab polycounter lvl 16
    Way to dark, hard to see what is going on on screen 1 - 3. Screen 4 looks pretty nice though, specially the neon light.
    Make it less dark is what i would start with.
  • locater16
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    locater16 polycounter lvl 8
    I don't mind the darkness at all! In fact that every modern game except horror stuff treats darkness as just like daylight but blue gets on my nerves.

That being said, I'd turn off the screenspace reflections. That effect has annoyed me ever since I saw it in motion, it's just way too noisy and breaks way too often to be worth getting a screenshot or two out of it.

Also that "Get Your Meth" sign gets a chuckle out of me again and again.
  • Zin83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zin83 polycounter lvl 9
    Shiskebab - Im gonna try to lighten it up a bit, although I do like the darkness. I do agree that is a little hard to see whats going on in the scene.

locater16 - I'll try changing the moonlight light to be less intense as well as changing the sky to be a little less blue. Also I will knock down the reflections a bit. Im glad you like the sign LOL