Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Cyberpunk Game Assets

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Alismuffin polycounter lvl 7
Hey all

I am starting a project in which I create a handful of game optimised assets and render them in UDK. This is very much a learning process for me as I am still a beginner.

I will be updating the OP with each update etc..

I post this here in hopes that I will get honest critique and advice, so please feel free to reply even if there is nothing positive to say!

Theme
The theme of my project is basically Cyberpunk. It is based in an artificial virtual world which the humans created. The purpose of the virtual world was to occupy the majority of the worlds minds whilst a large group of environmentalists rejuvenated the Earth to as close to the creation stage as they could.
The virtual world did need some members of the environmental movement to patrol it however as some citizens discovered exploits or hacks. It wasn't too hard for patrol units to stop these hackers and so it was no big deal for the time being. However demons soon found a way to augment themselves into the virtual world via humans minds. Initially in the real world demons could only influence ones mind and not take physical shape in space. In the virtual world physical space is inside your mind and thus the demons could become present. They were dangerous entities to leave lying around as they could destroy the humans' souls and thus kill them in the real world. As such the world patrollers increased in size over and over. Unfortunately this was costing them numbers which would prolong the rejuvenation process to an undesirable length of time.
And thus into existence came EveII, a program designed specifically to be an ultimate hacker of the virtual world. She held more power in the virtual world than one could ever imagine. However with the knowledge of this power she could very easily turn on the humans and sabotage the entire operation. To overcome this obstacle, she is led to believe that the world she resides in is in fact the real world and she is in fact human. The knowledge of her power must be pushed bit by bit in order for her to remain unaware of the truth.

So that's the idea behind the project. I am going to be modelling 2 human characters, at least one piece of terrain and at least one demon.

Characters
There are two main characters in my project. Eve II herself, and her friend/mentor; a burly male who packs some serious weoponry.

Mentor

Race: Human Cyborg
Class: Heavy Gunner
Build: Huge

About:
A gentle giant who’s primary concern is his comrades safety. Being a big guy and wielding the heavy duty weaponry on the battlefield, he feels it is his responsibility to ensure any hard hits have to come through him first. Not very agile or fast, but extremely solid.
He was born into the New Eden only a decade or so after the beginning of the operation. His parents coaxed him to train extensively so as he may become a part of the force against hackers. However often times he would spend days amongst flowers and butterflies for he truly appreciated the gifts of nature. He would have rather have remained in reality helping the retoration process, but fate was cruel and led him down the path his parents wanted. Fighting for the safety of the planet and human life however was not too bad as he soon found out he was very good at it. The motivation wasn’t so bad either. He did miss the lush fields of flowers and grass, and the inability to experience the feeling of his youth as often as he liked put him in bad moods often. The thought of loss of innocent life invokes a form of rage in him enabling him to perform more ferociously in battle.
After his left arm became torn off at the first sighting of a Demon he got it replaced by a robotic arm. He integrated his weaponry into this arm for proficiency and convenience. Shortly after he was assigned the task of training and essentially mentoring Eve II. He formed a strong, somewhat fatherly bond with her. He was surprised at how often he forgot she was merely an implanted program and this led to his oppsition of using her as a tool. However before he could confess to her the truth of her existence, she found out from the demons. This led her to feel that he had betrayed her.

Reference
qhzJB.jpg

Concept
qIXbN.jpg
Created by me and revamped by my friend Omega-Sigh

UDK Render
6S0oT.png

Eve II

Race: Computer program(Human form)
Class: Hacker
Build: Small

About:
EveII is a computer program created for the purgibng of Demons from the virtual world. However she does not know this about herself. Her human traits place her as an energetic, hasty and precarious. She generally doesn’t take anything seriously and is the sort of person who believes rules were made to be broken.
She is quite nimble and athletic, quicker to dodge than to block. Using specially made gloves, a popular form of hacking, she is able to channel her will and intelligence into pulsations of code and is able to bend the world around her in order to attack foes or perform impossible feats. Appearance is important to her, and as such she likes to dress to impress. She isn’t much of a techno geek and forgets to use a lot of the gizmos she gets given. She likes to tease her mentor and feels he should really lighten up more.
When she dicovers the truth she feels betrayed by her Mentor and flees. Her lust for truth leads her to lose humanity and by mutuality of intent she joins the Demons.

Reference
mx9Iz.jpg

Concept
GWfmv.pngSzE6W.png

High Poly
Hu4LS.png

Demons

Nothing yet

Environment

Nothing yet

Replies