The Other Brothers is on Kickstarter!
I am excited to see the response after only 15 minutes but I hope even more than my fellow Greenteeth will support us because not only does it mean that we can actually eat and survive the next few months, it also means that we will be able to get real translators, musicians and hardware in to make this game exceptional. On top of that, you guys will be able to craft the game yourselves by communicating with us through the beta testing forum that will go up soon!
CLICK TO HEAD ON OVER AND SUPPORT ANY WAY YOU CAN! - SPOT THE GREENTOOTH!!!
Please spread the word and donate as much as you can afford!
The Other Brothers is a family-fun platformer with a retro pixel-art vibe. It stars Joe & Jim, a team of mechanics who stumble upon a mafia kidnapping involving a beautiful young lass- and that's where the adventure begins!
The Other Brothers will be released for iOS, Android, Mac and PC initially but other platforms are on the cards.
The title is developed with a combination of Unity 3D and the Simian Tech engines (http://unity3d.com/
) / (http://simiansquared.com/simian-tech/
Your backing will help the team with:
* Your backing will allow us (4 people) to work solely on completing the game for a fall 2012 Release. First to iOS, then Android, MAC and PC.
* Additional Localization Languages (Japanese, Spanish, Italian, French and more).
* Classic Multiplayer Support (2 people, 1 device).
* Various controller support.
* An original soundtrack written exclusively for the game along with custom made sound effects.
* Great performance on a wider range of devices (hardware testing).
* Various Power Up Items.
* It will allow us to start work on further (FREE) DLC content.
* Buying Unity 4 licenses to support Linux, Ouya and more!
* As well as making sure we have a roof over our heads while we're making this!
* Most importantly, it enables us the ability to organize and open a Beta Test community for Backers. You will be able to beta-test the game and also convey to the developers your likes, dislikes, comments and suggestions!
But there are of course a selection of prizes for the guys and girls who back us!
And finally, the Forum threads are:
(kickstarter discussion) http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1638279
(ongoing developer diary) http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98824