polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
mr gelmir polycounter lvl 10
LATEST PROGRESS:

Sander_Decleer_M79_2w.png
Sander_Decleer_M79_2.png
Sander_Decleer_M79_1.png

ORIGINAL POST:

Heya polycount. With school being out for summer and all, I was getting bored and thought; "hey let's make a portfolio piece instead of goofing off." Being delayed by a summer camp and a side job, I've made bits of progress over time. I'll just dump my progress up until now here for you guys to criticize. As I want this to be a portfolio piece, you can tear it apart as you wish and nitpick all you want...

I chose a gun to begin with, and the looks of the M-79 appealed to me. Here's a reference pic for you guys.
ka-cart-04%20%281%29.jpg

first off, the high poly, with and without wires
Sander_Decleer_M-97_03w.jpg
Sander_Decleer_M-97_03.jpg

Next off the lowpoly and texture. This texture is still work in progress. Some things I wish to alter drastically are the wood (follows the flow of the stock instead of being just straight wood, as pointed out by a friend) and its specular (I was experimenting with some different colors to see what it would do). I'll also add some more wear on the metal. The glossmap is still in it's first iteration for most parts.
Sander_Decleer_M-97_07w.jpg
Sander_Decleer_M-97_07.jpg
Sander_Decleer_M-97_06.jpg
Sander_Decleer_M-97_05.jpg
texture flats. Don't mind the basic glossmap and the color of the wood in the spec.
Sander_Decleer_M-97_flats.jpg

and a final image, just for fun and giggles. A quick test of a 'possible' alternate color scheme.
Sander_Decleer_M-97_tiger_test.jpg

As I already mentioned, all comments, criticism and questions are more than welcome. Thanks for your time!

Replies