Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo] ragevz | Tabitha | Assassin

Hi Guys!

I've been wanting to make a female assassin for quite some time. I think This Mixamo contest is a good reason to do it now.

And so I thought I'll make something unusual so I decided to design an assassin inspired by chameleons. After tons of sketches, I finally came up with something that I am happy with.

I sure hope to update this consistently! :D

refboard+copy.JPG
Concept_01.JPG

Quick notes:
-proportions might change along the way. I want to make her more stylized, more curves.
-95% of her clothing is leather of different kinds and other light materials.
-the dual daggers and other "strap-on" accessories will come next.

Thank you all!

Replies

• Goeddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    nice design. although i cant realy imagine it in 3D, escpevialy some parts on the legs dont seem to match.
    hopefully you already know how its gonna look like in the end.
    realy looking forward to seeing this in its final shape.

also i would recommend you to not add any belts or holding devices for the daggers, might be a bit of a detailoverkill.
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    I like the curves, but the head looks really... don't know how to say that... forward ? I'll do a drawing, it's easier to explain ^^.

Here, looks weird :

Concept_01.JPG
  • jeebs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeebs polycounter lvl 11
    I think the head looks just a bit forward, not that much. but it's easy to fix. I've also drew it a bit:
    concept02n.jpg
  • ra-gevz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy wrote: »
    nice design. although i cant realy imagine it in 3D, escpevialy some parts on the legs dont seem to match.
    hopefully you already know how its gonna look like in the end.
    realy looking forward to seeing this in its final shape.

also i would recommend you to not any belts or holding devices for the daggers, might be a bit of a detailoverkill.

Fortunately, I already figured out how they connect in 3D. It is actually harder for me to put it in a flat canvass. lol Which is also the reason why I didn't spent too much time and just sketched a rough line art. :D

And yes, I'm also thinking of not putting too much straps to not overkill the design.

Thank you very much for your inputs! :)
  • ra-gevz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Texelion and jeebs: she is actually supposed to be in a slouching posture. I guess it didn't show that well.. lol. Hopefully this will be a lot clearer in 3D.

Thank you very much for dropping by!! :)
  • Ger_21
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool Design! Can't wait for the 3d!
  • ferralpanda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ferralpanda polycounter lvl 5
    THIS!. IS!. SPA... :poly122: oops! I mean, this is spectacular! And I really love how the fingers are positioned based on a chameleon's. Are you also gonna add some scaled textures on some parts of the armor?
  • jeffreak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeffreak polycounter lvl 6
    Awesome! I'm not sure about the pants and the materials you're gonna use, I think I'm gonna have to wait for your progress on that.
  • ra-gevz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ger_21 wrote: »
    Cool Design! Can't wait for the 3d!

yeah me too! :D
    thanks!
  • ra-gevz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    THIS!. IS!. SPA... :poly122: oops! I mean, this is spectacular! And I really love how the fingers are positioned based on a chameleon's. Are you also gonna add some scaled textures on some parts of the armor?

i like her hand too :)
    and yes, her outfit will be made from different kinds of leather. and some of them will have scales like chameleon's.
  • ra-gevz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeffreak wrote: »
    Awesome! I'm not sure about the pants and the materials you're gonna use, I think I'm gonna have to wait for your progress on that.

yeah the pants looks weird. I can't seem to draw exactly what I had in mind... lol i find it hard to draw in a flat canvass elements that wraps around her body parts.

the materials will be composed of mainly leather and fabric. you may be seeing a lot of lines but those were only patches stitched together that makes her outfit. kinda like the abdomen/oblique area of that male demon hunter in my mood board. :)
  • alphajayel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alphajayel polycounter lvl 6
    I really enjoyed seeing this post! This chameleon inspired Assassin is very refreshing! talk about simple, and smart character design. it's just the start but I'm sure this will turn out great. hehehe cant wait for the finished character! :D
  • jerometado
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love the curves and design. Looking forward to see Tabitha in 3d!! Cheers!!
  • ra-gevz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alphajayel wrote: »
    I really enjoyed seeing this post! This chameleon inspired Assassin is very refreshing! talk about simple, and smart character design. it's just the start but I'm sure this will turn out great. hehehe cant wait for the finished character! :D

I just hope to finish this in time! LOL
    Thanks! :)
  • ra-gevz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jerometado wrote: »
    Love the curves and design. Looking forward to see Tabitha in 3d!! Cheers!!

Thanks! :) I will do my best!