Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo Contest] "Keira" - Assassin

:D This is it! My first attempt at creating my own 3D character. Yey! I just hope I could make it until the deadline. :)

So... here's my mood board.
MoodBoard.jpg

I've seen a lot of amazing concepts for an assassin. And it was really hard to decide on which concept I should stick with. It was crazy and frustrating! poly104.gif They're all good and I just wanted to mix up those great ideas and put everything in one character. How's that?! poly104.gif

But then, it didn't work. So I came back to my initial ideas for "Keira" poly120.gif

InitialIdeas_2.jpg

That's all I have for now. I know there's still a lot of changes and additional details that has to be done in this stage. But I guess I'll just do this as I move on with the base mesh. Time is running, so let's keep moving!

APIR! poly120.gif Comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! ;) Thank you!

Replies

• ra-gevz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great initial concept!
    I will be following this thread! :)
    Looking forward to your updates!

Good luck on your first personal character! :D
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    I like the one with the hood. Well... they are all good ^^. The first one with pants could be better, a cute nice ass in tight leather pants... yum yum.

Will you use the snake finally ?
  • anshiban
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ra-gevz wrote: »
    Great initial concept!
    I will be following this thread! :)
    Looking forward to your updates!

Good luck on your first personal character! :D

Thank you! :P I'll keep the updates coming. *Fist bump*
  • anshiban
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion wrote: »
    I like the one with the hood. Well... they are all good ^^. The first one with pants could be better, a cute nice ass in tight leather pants... yum yum.

Will you use the snake finally ?

Well, I'm planning to incorporate some snake features on her. Like maybe in her clothing, props or in her body. I just haven't figured out yet how to mix it all up. But I'll get there. :) I'm also thinking if making her a mutant assassin would be a great idea... *or not*. I'm not really sure.

Actually, I had a hard time deciding what she should wear for the bottom part. I'll still work on it. Thanks for the comment! :)
  • Ger_21
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome Concepts! will be watching this thead....
  • jeffreak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeffreak polycounter lvl 6
    Looks cool! I'd pick the concept in the lower left corner the one with the hood(can you please label your concept with ABC's or 1 2 3's? It'll be hard for us to pick our favorites and give critiques without labels) If you want to incorporate the snake theme, I think you can start by playing around the proportions a bit, thinner and longer body, bigger waist just like the reference you have on the upper left.
  • anshiban
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you! :) I'll take note of that. Actually I already made a few changes to her clothes. I'll try if I could still match the hood with her new outfit. Thanks again! :D
  • anshiban
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's an update guys. Which one is better? Should I keep the hood or not? :)

concept_4.jpg
  • ra-gevz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WOW! Awesome update! :D
    I'll go for the one with the hood!
    Now you have a more unified theme overall!
    She's very pretty!

Great work! Keep it up! :)
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    I think that the first concepts were better. I don't like the shape of this hood, nor the clothes on the hips, nor the pants which aren't enough tight and break the silhouette of the hips and the legs ( really important for a wowan ).

Here I highlighted wath's wrong for me :

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49924717/Polycount/concept_4.jpg

Obviously you want to do a sexy girl, so I suggest to really use the sexyness of the female silhouette, like in these pics :

sienna-miller-skin-tight-leather-catsuit.jpg

rogue-anna.jpg

Jennifer%20Lopez%20Ass%20in%20Tight%20Leather%20Pants.jpg

And for the hood... the demon hunter from Diablo 3 has a really nice shape :

diablo_3-_blizzcon_2010_demon_hunter_cinematic_trailer_hd-429105-1288775948.jpeg
  • nechnechmo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nechnechmo polycounter lvl 6
    Go with the hood since she's an assassin. She should keep her identity! I really like your concept and she's one hell of a woman!
  • anshiban
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ow, I see. Thank's for pointing that out, Texelion. :) I knew there's something wrong with it. I guess I'll just fix it in 3D.
  • TigerGD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TigerGD polycounter lvl 9
    I'd like to see the hair as you've drawn it, but the character should definitely have a hood. Maybe just keep the hood down. The shoulder stands out a bit much. Maybe curve the two top plates down over the bottom one instead of flaring them up. To keep with Texelion's suggestions about her silhouette, you could put the bag on her belt around back, lose the belt that's draping down, and let her sash conform and reveal her shape with cloth physics. I like the look of the boots, but for practicality, they might make less noise and get in the way less if they weren't so baggy.
  • Gemstigma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i like the hair,,but if you're goin for the hood,,it must have a very nice silhouette... pretty concept... :)