Beta 6 Release Version with an additional model (credit goes to Crash for the model) that demonstrates the available render features better.
- searches mnt/sdcard/polyviewer, mnt/sdcard/data/polyviewer and mnt/sdcard/external_sd/polyviewer (external_sd = micro sd card slot and it seemingly varies from manufacturer so if you have a micro sd, please inform me of it's location within internal android memory)
- on first load of a new model, each is saved in a binary format for faster re-loads so that initial load may be slower. (needs some proper testing to verify the integrity of this working.
- Fixes so the shaders compile on tegra 2 devices. Can't test on other devices.
That's mostly what I've been up to when I've had the time to work on the code. There remains a bug with the live wallpaper option that requires fixing. Basically it crashes when first created, but runs fine after that.
I have a bunch of features I plan on adding down the road which include:
- Object Selection as a button overlay
- Replace the colour picker with an rgb slider setup (perhaps with HSL as an option)
- Free and Paid versions on the app store.
- Environment maps
- Cloud drive support (dropbox, google drive, etc)
- Light and Camera presets
- Slight layout redesign (move options, help etc to a side bar menu setup ala google+)
- Lower quality shader support for those in need of some performance
I've not decided fully yet on how I plan on splitting the paid and free versions. My current plans are to include a gallery mode, and limit emissive and reflective to the paid versions among a couple other features. I'm wanting to make sure even the free versions is more than adequate for users to show their portfolio work.
*PS yes, there is a live wallpaper option and that will get some tweaks and improvements as well.