Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - Dragan Mergelmeier - Environment Artist / Prop Artist

hey guys, so I graduated awhile ago from school and thought it would be about time that I would Post my Portfolio on here. I'm trying to get my foot in the industry, so i'm trying to get as much advice what I should and shouldn't showcase on my website.

Anyways, Thanks for taking the time to check out my stuff.
I'll also be dumping some random stuff i'm working on here as well. :)

Sincerely,
Dragan Mergelmeier

www.DraganMergelmeier.com

Replies

• k21n
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    k21n polycounter lvl 10
    On the Bioshock inspired lounge you made a wireframe with textures on... and on the ww 2 you made a wireframe without the textures. ^^ And i think at least 2-3 screenshots from diferite angles will draw more attention on it
  • respawnrt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    respawnrt polycounter lvl 8
    polygon residue detected
    dSF73.png
    Oh and i think you can let polygon count as the triangle count u kno triangles are polygons and
    chances are in game dev when you hear polygon cont they mean the tri-sided type.(so no need to list how many quads and ngons you have)
    So are you afraid of a game engine like udk, cryengine because i see you have made everything
    inside 3ds max :p Some experience with udk wouldn't be bad imho if you want to be an enviro artist.I mean your first env is rendered in mental ray.dunno something to think about.
  • dragan01
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    k21n - Thanks for the advice, I'm going to go back and see if i can get some different angles.

respawnrt - I deff see what you mean, the first scene was rendered with mental ray because it was for a 3d architect firm that wanted to see photometric lighting. I completely see what you mean though when it comes to polygons. Those pieces were done awhile ago so i'm hoping that i still have the files to edit them.
    Thanks for all your advice though, I deff see what you mean :).