Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Turntable] [WIP] Treetrunk

I'm working on a little scene for my portfolio to improve my skills. It is a one of the little projects that I have in mind to get better and add some material to my portfolio.

awrk3d.jpg

There is still alot of work to do. The texture of the trunk could use some more attention. Also I need to texture the mushrooms and the little rocks. I also plan to add some glowing insect thingie.

Maybe you guys have some nice ideas! Hope to get some feedback on color, style and proportions. Thanks in advance. Keep it up guys!

Replies

• Roelant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated the scene. Have lots of work to do. Maybe you guys have some good ideas and feedback. I think the bark of the tree should be more convincing. So i'm going to work on that for the next update.

8398553.jpg
  • Roelant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another update. Tried to make the bark of the treetrunk more convincing. Also Baked the textures of the little rocks and gave them a base color. Will give them some more details later on. Feedback is still verry welcome :)

8403337.jpg
  • Roelant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bump

I could really use some usefull feedback!
  • Sensorium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    -The grass looks like you just sticked it into the floor (which of course is what you did but should'nt be obvious).

- there is a uv/texture seem at the right root.

- The shrooms look as if they arent textured (are they?)

- what are those glowing things...fireflys, magical flares ?

good luck with your project :)
  • Roelant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback. Updated the scene a bit futher.

- Tried to add more small grass planes.
    - Tried to fix the seem of the right root.
    - Shrooms where indeed untextured and are textured now.
    - Those glowing things are fireflys indeed (I made them some bigger in the update)

8423183.jpg

I'm not sure what to do with the grass to make it sexy and smooth fading into the dark. Anyone an idea? Think i'm also going to add some wild flower or something to have some variation around the tree instead of only grass.
  • Roelant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished this project some time ago. Still thought I could post the final image:

final_image.jpg
  • latorril
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    latorril polycounter lvl 6
    The scene is all-together too dark. The back-lighting is working, but it can't work by itself. You need a bit more light in front (increase you mid-tones) so we can see all the beautiful detail you put into the piece.