polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Highelf polycounter lvl 11
EDIT:

Latest :

beautyshot1-full.jpg
beautyshot2-charles.jpg

beautyshot3-tech.jpg

Hey guys, doing my first ever full next gen character.

Here are the orthos I did:
2DAE_Lakiere_Jordy_modelsheet_london_final.jpg

Without the helmet version:

www.jordylakiere.com/upload/charlesMlloyd/Charlesonly.jpg

Not much to show yet, but I started really roughly blocking out today:

WIPblockout1.jpg
(I'll tilt and position the head afterwards)

Atm my plans are doing a VERY rough blockout of the character in max, then bring it into zbrush and sculpt entirely, then retope that to the low, and do the bakes etc off that.

For the chair and helm I will model it subd in max, then make a low off that by working as organised/non-destructive as possible.

I think this is the best way to go, although I could model the low p char in max first, but I figured I wouldn't do that since its quite organic (even his clothes) and it might end up taking a lot longer I think (and looking worse, cause zbrush is alot more versatile) I like the balance between organic -> zbrush and mechanic -> max, in terms of the ammount of practise I'll get from it.

If you have any ideas on the design, tips, or maybe workflow tips, please go ahead and do tell! I really want this to be perfect so I finally have something I'm happy enough about that I can put it on my future portfolio.

One thing, I tried the zbrush 4 retopology thing, but they seem to have changed the opacity of the back wires and front wires which makes it REALLY really difficult to do. (even if I tweak the values under preferences) Is there a better way to retope a high poly? Other software that might be much better at it?

Thanks for reading! Updates will be coming in over the next few weeks.

Replies