Home Marmoset

Toolbag 2 is on Steam! | Marmoset Toolbag 2 | News & Announcements

Replies

• slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    How do I do an image render with the GUI also showing up in the render?
  • p777
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    Interesting, a few things to try:

If using FBX, try obj. If using OBJ, try FBX. Make sure mesh normals are being exported. Try to toggle the tangent space option to Maya and see if that fixes it.

If none of this helps, please upload the scene and your obj/fbx file and I will have a look at it, thanks.

Hi Eathquake, I've tried all the things that you recomended but the errors are still showing up. I even got a friend of mine to test on his computer and they were still there.

So, i've uploaded the files to dropbox:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dj0mfzg372v3sx9/Marmoset_Errors.zip

If you could take a look when you get the chance, that'd be awesome.
    Let me know if you need anything else :)
  • ik3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ik3d polycounter lvl 4
    Is anyone else having issues with Marmoset right now? I can't seem to launch it at all tells me that I can't connect to the licensing servers. My internet works perfectly fine but it keeps telling me the same thing over and over again and I did try and reload the email address for the license but the problem still persists :poly127:
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ik3d wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with Marmoset right now? I can't seem to launch it at all tells me that I can't connect to the licensing servers. My internet works perfectly fine but it keeps telling me the same thing over and over again and I did try and reload the email address for the license but the problem still persists :poly127:

Sorry about that, our server was down for a bit, it should work fine now. Let me know if you are still having issues.
  • jacob thomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jacob thomas polycounter lvl 9
    Still down for me EarthQuake.

EDIT: All good now.
  • ik3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ik3d polycounter lvl 4
    Sorry about that, our server was down for a bit, it should work fine now. Let me know if you are still having issues.

Yep everything is working fine now :)

Thanks
  • Joltya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joltya polycounter lvl 10
    BOOuGOON wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm new on polycount and was wondering if anyone could help me on my uni project as I've modelled a low poly mountain bike and also a high poly version, its all unwrapped etc but now I've hit a wall on how i go about texturing the object with shaders etc as never really used them before.

You'd probably have better luck getting an answer in the Pimping and Previews section.

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I did a search and didn't find a sufficient answer. The shadows in the circles should be solid, but the lights aren't calculating them because they aren't solid. I think Marmoset 1 had an option to fix that, but I can't seem to find a solution in Marmo 2.

yMQfnmK.jpg
  • Broetchaen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a strange error. Marmoset asks for my E-Mail, I enter it, get the E-Mail and when I try to activate my account it just says: ERROR: Account could not be created.
    Never had an issue with the program at all, its really strange...

EDIT: Fixed. You guys have an awesome support! :)
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    Running into an odd bug not sure what is causing it, but every time I undo not matter what the last action was it clears the tangent space selector on my mesh. Just tried it with a clean file and different meshes as well. It's not a giant issues, but it's a bit annoying.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoltZero wrote: »
    You'd probably have better luck getting an answer in the Pimping and Previews section.

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I did a search and didn't find a sufficient answer. The shadows in the circles should be solid, but the lights aren't calculating them because they aren't solid. I think Marmoset 1 had an option to fix that, but I can't seem to find a solution in Marmo 2.

You can try turning on double sided faces for that object, by disabling “Cull Back Faces” in the object properties.

If that doesn’t work, I would just cap off the mesh (if the bottom faces are missing, which I assume).

stevston89 wrote: »
    Running into an odd bug not sure what is causing it, but every time I undo not matter what the last action was it clears the tangent space selector on my mesh. Just tried it with a clean file and different meshes as well. It's not a giant issues, but it's a bit annoying.

Thanks, I’m getting this too, I’ll log it in our bug system.
  • Majority
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello

I'm trying to get semi transparent (7% transparency) paper/fabric texture on a model with displacement map but unfortunately i'm not getting it right :poly127:
    semi transparency it seams to well only with models without displacement maps

please see the pics.

screenshot000.jpg

screenshot002.jpg

Thanks
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    After a discussion about how to make a carbon fiber material in TB2 from the 'How u make dem mats?' thread, something I'd love to see is the ability to add multiple secondary speculars.

I'm not sure how feasible it would be from a programming standpoint, but it would be super handy for making materials that have things like clearcoat, fibers, and fur. A little plus button or something to add another specular so you can get multi-layered materials would be awesome, especially if they could be masked independent of the main spec or other secondaries.

Being able to mask the secondary spec independent of the main specular would also be a welcome change, even if multiple secondary spec channels aren't an option.
  • belkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    I'm not sure if this is a bug, and also not sure if it has already been reported, but it's something annoying nonetheless. If you activate depth of field on the camera settings and use Add Transparency, everything gets blurred, ignoring your focus distance. It doesn't happen with other Transparency modes.

Here's an image to illustrate the issue:

CezU3R3.jpg

As a side note, are there any plans on including animation support on Marmoset 2? :D
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The additive+DOF issue has been known for a while. I'm pretty sure there have been a few mentions of it in this thread before.

Same for animation. They've said that they would like to do animation support, but that's a stretch goal that would be far in the future if it happens.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Majority wrote: »
    Hello
    Majority wrote: »

I'm trying to get semi transparent (7% transparency) paper/fabric texture on a model with displacement map but unfortunately i'm not getting it right
    semi transparency it seams to well only with models without displacement maps

please see the pics.

yj-uH43_cOeq4oT4VXmHvVjhycXbhrIz6uIHC-i1pSIZZi0HfpH8xX3yHw13p59cp0DgsjGvmDB0068hGRVcTEBSZY6A72nQXtFwHCWmxM3yTP98ZuHYhFAvlXMKa0juow

Sorry, I do not think I can provide a solution for this. With additive transparency, any overlapping faces will get added on top of each other.

Iwd-WJ2gfSRerWr6rcxZSdGSe_gqafNAmbUVWVUuRtwlMuS4nXK2_7dzMB1mWuxRe2otq3CWVcky_LkcgQnn7mDlTH20-M9YsRGDND_kPKsptQzGnZbjDMvhQUH09nx8Sw

Thanks

I’m confused by this image, you say no transparency was set, how did you get a transparent object without using transparency?

Swizzle wrote: »
    After a discussion about how to make a carbon fiber material in TB2 from the 'How u make dem mats?' thread, something I'd love to see is the ability to add multiple secondary speculars.

I'm not sure how feasible it would be from a programming standpoint, but it would be super handy for making materials that have things like clearcoat, fibers, and fur. A little plus button or something to add another specular so you can get multi-layered materials would be awesome, especially if they could be masked independent of the main spec or other secondaries.

Being able to mask the secondary spec independent of the main specular would also be a welcome change, even if multiple secondary spec channels aren't an option.

Yes, all of that sounds cool. I think ideally we will wrap some sort of functionality like this into the layering system which we are planning on adding at some point.

belkun wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is a bug, and also not sure if it has already been reported, but it's something annoying nonetheless. If you activate depth of field on the camera settings and use Add Transparency, everything gets blurred, ignoring your focus distance. It doesn't happen with other Transparency modes.
    belkun wrote: »

Here's an image to illustrate the issue:

Unfortunately this is a technical limition when dealing with addative blending, it is very difficult to render additive blending into the depth buffer, which the DOF shader needs to see how far the objects are from each other. There is no solution I can give you at this time.

In 2.04 we are adding a new skybox mode where you can blur the skybox background without using DOF, which is better for performance and does not have any issues with blending.

As a side note, are there any plans on including animation support on Marmoset 2? xV9fGNFNshgb5g6kcpPuXCjvNEfpBPII0kzaQEvUo2O7TxQ15h367Pl7YabpSJM0mSNsnDCBPmgT-VK7HQ--bbWRUvmb545lYo84xOP0l5eO2TYr1q0irZteapo2qeUZDQ

Yes, we do plan on adding animation support in a future update to TB2. No eta though, sorry.

• Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Any idea when 2.04 is due out? That skybox blurring feature sounds pretty useful.
  • --E--
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    --E-- polycounter lvl 11
    as does the polypaint support :)
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    crosspost from another thread:
    Froyok wrote: »
    Wow, that sounds indeed like a very good change for working efficiently.
    Do you have any plan on releasing the modified shaders ?

Sure thing:
    - DISCLAIMER -

Neither i, nor the good folks at Marmoset.co are responsible for anything that could happen to your computer as a result of using this shader. It is released "as is", with limited support. It will work with any existing content or materials you've created, and only changes the specular BRDF to match UE4.

What you need to do (in this exact order):
    1. browse to: "Marmoset Toolbag 2\data\shader\mat\reflection"
    2. rename "directPhong.frag" to "directPhong_backup.frag"
    3. drop "GGX_code.frag" and "directPhong.frag" from the zip file into the folder
    4. start/restart Toolbag 2.

If you wish to revert back, browse to the above folder, delete "directPhong.frag", and rename "directPhong_backup.frag" back to "directPhong.frag".

http://crazyferretstudios.com/public/Toolbag_GGX.zip
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, please bear in mind Lee's shader hacking is totally unsupported, and will likely be overwritten as we release updates and things like that, and could potentially cause conflicts with newer versions of Toolbag.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson wrote: »
    Any idea when 2.04 is due out? That skybox blurring feature sounds pretty useful.

Very soon is the unofficial word on the streets.

--E-- wrote: »
    as does the polypaint support
    --E-- wrote: »
    m6X2XQn-d-nWFa4kFXovIEwXxMXXcbqT5GnvPR6MrUhnilr1zD0I1DY8kRQ6SK3yLWg3Sz-j0nIEQbkpoPtGLyOIn3FZbHTfDOxgwzxl6FGTULzabQZFNHvbkLqM_bTMVw

Yeah polypaint is cool, you can see it in action in the GDC video I put together here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1rtu3cjMKE
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    Is it possible to update a mesh in Marmoset like you can update texture files?

I have set up a little scene in Marmoset.
    However, I made some edits to some meshes and wanted to just update the meshes without needing to import them again and setting them up.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bb0x wrote: »
    Is it possible to update a mesh in Marmoset like you can update texture files?

I have set up a little scene in Marmoset.
    However, I made some edits to some meshes and wanted to just update the meshes without needing to import them again and setting them up.

Not currently, though this is something we will likely add with a future update.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toolbag 2.04 is out! Woohoo!!

We've revamped the camera system, with WASD movement, free look, fine control over movement speed and more. Zbrush Polypaint data/Vertex color support for albedo and ambient occlusion is now in, along with a bunch of improvements like mesh highlighting and less SSR artifacts when in motion. We've also fixed a bunch of bugs, including the scene type turntable sky position bugs, and a few related to transparency/alpha saved into output images.

Full changelog here
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    I LOVE THIS PROGRAM:

aQjt6O0.jpg

No, but seriously, cool new features.

A bit bummed that I still have the super slow import time for high-poly objects, though.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Awesome new features guys. Here is a quick test I did with a fairly recent sculpt of mine.
    Marmo_highpoly_face.jpg
  • cmgillett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toolbag 2.04 is out! Woohoo!!

We've revamped the camera system, with WASD movement, free look, fine control over movement speed and more. Zbrush Polypaint data/Vertex color support for albedo and ambient occlusion is now in, along with a bunch of improvements like mesh highlighting and less SSR artifacts when in motion. We've also fixed a bunch of bugs, including the scene type turntable sky position bugs, and a few related to transparency/alpha saved into output images.

Full changelog here

Awesome! Thanks Joe :)
  • BenLind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the update! Really like the camera controls and object highlight.

Has something changed regarding how the transparency is rendered against the background image?

This is before the update:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2344342/screenshot029.png

This is after the update:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2344342/screenshot050.png

Is there something I should change or is this a bug of some sort?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BenLind wrote: »
    Thanks for the update! Really like the camera controls and object highlight.

Has something changed regarding how the transparency is rendered against the background image?

This is before the update:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2344342/screenshot029.png

This is after the update:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2344342/screenshot050.png

Is there something I should change or is this a bug of some sort?

I'm not aware of any changes that would cause this, so it might be a bug.

Does it look like this in the viewport or only in exported screenshots?

Can you get me a copy of this scene and all the textures so I can see how it looks here?

Thanks

Edit: I was able to reproduce this, looks like its a bug, I'll get it logged here.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    the WASD functionality is cool, but for some reason the mouse movement now feels really clunky compared to how it was...
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the WASD functionality is cool, but for some reason the mouse movement now feels really clunky compared to how it was...
    So now you can set speed overrides for the panning and movement on a per camera basis, tick off the auto checkboxes and enter in values yourself if it feels a bit slow.

The auto move/pan speed depends on the bounding box of the scene, so it may work a little better/worse depending on how large your scene is. We had an issue where if you loaded a more complex environment, the movement speed would be really high, so the default values have been tweaked to be a little slower on auto, which feels better with a wider range of scene types.

But again, you can simply override those value to find the best speed for your scene
  • BenLind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not aware of any changes that would cause this, so it might be a bug.

Does it look like this in the viewport or only in exported screenshots?

Can you get me a copy of this scene and all the textures so I can see how it looks here?

Thanks

Edit: I was able to reproduce this, looks like its a bug, I'll get it logged here.

Alright thanks for the info!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BenLind wrote: »
    Alright thanks for the info!

We got a hot fix out for this bug, try to update and see if this fixes the problem.
  • radiancef0rge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    radiancef0rge ngon master
    love the new sky picker thing
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    love the new sky picker thing

I love it, but it loads considerably slower.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love it, but it loads considerably slower.

Can you give me some more info on this? Like what part of it loads slowly, is it the browser popping up, the thumbnails loading, or actually switching between presets?

On my end all are pretty much instant, so if you're seeing some performance issues here I will be curious to know more.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    When I click on the "presets" button, it takes between 1 and 3 seconds to open the sky browser. Once that loads, the thumbnails are up instantly, and actually changing to another preset loads very quickly, too. I have some custom skies in there, could they be causing the slow loading of the browser?

Once I load it up the first time, during a given session, it loads quicker after. It goes from the initial 2 seconds to loading in half a second.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When I click on the "presets" button, it takes between 1 and 3 seconds to open the sky browser. Once that loads, the thumbnails are up instantly, and actually changing to another preset loads very quickly, too. I have some custom skies in there, could they be causing the slow loading of the browser?

Once I load it up the first time, during a given session, it loads quicker after. It goes from the initial 2 seconds to loading in half a second.

Ah ok yeah that makes sense, thanks for the info. Yes if you have custom high res skies in there, it will take a little longer, just because it has to fetch more data from disk.
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Thanks Joe, I'm really happy to see you guys are still continuing to develop this. I'm still waiting on depth fog and a refraction shader before I can attempt a full scene.
  • ATaylor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've tried exporting a zbrush polypaint to marmoset although all I am getting is the high poly model without the polypaint information.

This could be a fault of mine of not exporting the model correctly within zbrush but if anyone could clear this up for me that'd be amazing thanks.

Also I'd like to say congrats for such a great product. Love it.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    ATaylor, in the albedo rollout you should be able to choose either an albedo map, or zbrush polypaint, or dota map.
  • BenLind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We got a hot fix out for this bug, try to update and see if this fixes the problem.

Wow, that was fast! Yeah that fixed it, thanks! :)
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ATaylor, in the albedo rollout you should be able to choose either an albedo map, or zbrush polypaint, or dota map.

Yep, make sure to change the Albedo module from Albedo Map to Vertex Map, this will give you an option to load vertex color/polypaint data for the diffuse. Make sure to check SRGB for Polypaint data.

You can load vertex color data into the occlusion slot too.
  • ZippZopp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZippZopp polycounter lvl 12
    quick question about marmoset's implementation of scale. I know the scale cube was posted earlier in this thread. What size does that actually represent? is that supposed to be the scale of a 6 foot tall man or something else entirely? I typically work in centimeters in Maya, but my meshes come in substantially larger than the scale cube.
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After playing around with 2.04, I'm getting a bit frustrated with the behavior of the mouse scroll wheel and how it relates to camera FOV. I appreciate that it's closer to the behavior of a real camera in that zooming in merely adjusts how much of the subject you can see, but it's counterintuitive after coming from other programs in which the scroll wheel actively moves the camera closer while retaining a set FOV.

In addition, there are times when I accidentally zoom in or out with the scroll wheel by brushing against it with a finger or something, and it can be a bit tough to figure out why the FOV and camera movement seem wrong after purposefully setting them manually to desired values.

In the future, I feel that a really great addition would be customizable keyboard and mouse configuration to adjust settings like this.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After playing around with 2.04, I'm getting a bit frustrated with the behavior of the mouse scroll wheel and how it relates to camera FOV. I appreciate that it's closer to the behavior of a real camera in that zooming in merely adjusts how much of the subject you can see, but it's counterintuitive after coming from other programs in which the scroll wheel actively moves the camera closer while retaining a set FOV.

In addition, there are times when I accidentally zoom in or out with the scroll wheel by brushing against it with a finger or something, and it can be a bit tough to figure out why the FOV and camera movement seem wrong after purposefully setting them manually to desired values.

I loveeeee FOV on the mouse wheel. :poly124:

Previously we had move/zoom on both alt+RMB and MMB, so two controls to set the same value and none to set FOV. I think the ability to set FOV on the mouse without messing with sliders is nice, but I like to tweak FOV a lot too.
    In the future, I feel that a really great addition would be customizable keyboard and mouse configuration to adjust settings like this.

Yeah I totally agree, we'll never find the perfect mix of controls that everyone likes, so hopefully we can add custom keybinds down the road at some point.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm wrote: »
    Thanks Joe, I'm really happy to see you guys are still continuing to develop this. I'm still waiting on depth fog and a refraction shader before I can attempt a full scene.

Yeah, we've got a few more things we would really like to add to make Toolbag more powerful for environment artists, hopefully we can all the cool stuff in at some point.
    ZippZopp wrote: »
    quick question about marmoset's implementation of scale. I know the scale cube was posted earlier in this thread. What size does that actually represent? is that supposed to be the scale of a 6 foot tall man or something else entirely? I typically work in centimeters in Maya, but my meshes come in substantially larger than the scale cube.

The scale mesh is roughly human sized, I think 2 meters tall.
  • Nam.Nguyen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nam.Nguyen polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah, we've got a few more things we would really like to add to make Toolbag more powerful for environment artists, hopefully we can all the cool stuff in at some point.
    \

good to hear that :)

and maybe TB should has a "quick load" option ( like Ddo ) e.g: when I load "torso_normal.tga" it'll also look for torso_a.tga, torso_albedo.tga, bla bla . . . that could save a lot of click since TB can handle the whole scene now. And make it as a check box so ppl can easy to turn it on-off

I think it's a simple feature to make but very useful.
  • Goshi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goshi polycounter lvl 5
    This.

And a tiling option would be sweet - why this one keeps still missing?!

Cheers!
  • Ballo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ballo polycounter lvl 9
    wooowww, that is an amazing adding. I really love new sky selection.

I'm actually testing it. I added two lights to this scene. I used show guides to "hide" them , but after I showed again, move/rotate pivot are gone. Any thought?
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Aw ! I just updated to 2.04. Loving the added features, but I am now facing a blocking issue : the option to *not* display the current skybox and pick a color to override it (while still having the light coming from it affecting the scene) seems to have disappeared ...

Is it somewhere hidden, or has it been actually removed ? If so, I would love to have it back as I was relying on it a lot ...

This became obvious when I opened an older file inside 2.04, which had the sky set to not being displayed last time it was saved. When opening it in the new version, the sky was showing again. Now I like the fact that I can now load an actual image to override the sky display, which is a great feature too ... but having a color picker was really fast and handy ...

If anything, is there a way to roll back to an older build ?

Thanks in advance :)