Home Technical Talk

[noob] Zbrush question regarding insert meshes

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
WindchILL polycounter lvl 4
I've never used insert meshes before, and trying them out on a curve definitely beats modeling and positioning each piece individually. However, how do you "finish" a curve? every time i get what i want, i can't leave the curve mode, and drawing elsewhere on the subtool just replaces the previous mesh curve i just made. its kinda annoying

(ie. is there a way to remove the curve line after creating the string of objects you want?)

Replies

• BagelHero
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    Stroke > Curve Functions > Delete deletes the path that was previously made. Choosing another brush exits curve mode entirely, but to make more than one curve at a time, you can tap once anywhere else on the mesh to commit it.
  • WindchILL
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero wrote: »
    Stroke > Curve Functions > Delete deletes the path that was previously made. Choosing another brush exits curve mode entirely, but to make more than one curve at a time, you can tap once anywhere else on the mesh to commit it.

what i meant to say is how do you separate the insert curve objects into their own subtool?
  • BagelHero
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    When you commit the IMM, it masks off the rest of the mesh. I usually go to Subtools>Split>Split by Unmasked Areas, but you can also separate them via Polygroup if it's too late. :)
  • WindchILL
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero wrote: »
    When you commit the IMM, it masks off the rest of the mesh. I usually go to Subtools>Split>Split by Unmasked Areas, but you can also separate them via Polygroup if it's too late. :)

youre a genius, thanks for the advice! off to adding more detail now :P

also, would you happen to know how to extend a curve after drawing it? it seems to be locked to the starting draw size by default, i cant drag it out any further