Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Sword Art Online 2 Animation Fan art! (◡‿◡✿)

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
andyvargas polycounter lvl 5
Hi guys wanted to share some new fan art animations i made from Sword Art Online 2. Hope you like them! also any feedback would be super! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

[vv]134588897[/vv]

[sketchfab]b1b63da9a2214bba85f384beabaabb33[/sketchfab]

Replies

• blinKX10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blinKX10 polycounter lvl 7
    I feel like there is a lack of weight, everything is just too light. You need to exaggerate the timing a bit
  • andyvargas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yea i get you! will work more on it! thank you for the feedback :')
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    I think theres parts when they are running up the tower that the camera angles are really impairing the view of the animations, in general I'd probably relax on the jarring transitions and go for some more subtle angles with less cuts.

Pretty neat though, I like the idea of doing a vignette shot before showing off the cycles.
  • linwail
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    linwail polycounter lvl 5
    Yes I definitely think you need to adjust your timing. It seems very slow at parts which effects the weight and gives it that floaty feeling.
  • andyvargas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeeh the camera angles are a bit tight, i wasusing the anime ones as reference but i guess they didn't worked pretty well in 3d at the end hehe.. And well in part i was ttesting some tools from the rig that allow me to mix animations, i think was a bad idea hehe.. thing didnt worked out the way i have imagined :P the timing its pretty off and somethings got out of sync ugh. thank tou heboltz3 and linwail for your feedback!! will try to work harder on those notes!
  • Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Sick work man!!
    Here are my 2 cents

There are some pops in the knees at the beginning of the shot , I think that is causing some problems to the feet too.

The last pose after the flip I think that you could add some overlap there , because I think right now is like stoping too robotic , unless you are going for that effect since its anime :P

I LOOOOVE that ending , awesome camera. Going to follow this , I loved that character hahaha

Keep up the good work :)
  • andyvargas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aww man! thank you so much, i really appreacite your time to share some feedback! Right i was doing an anime aporach.. but it didnt ended looking so great hehe.. i guess not everything that works in paper does goes the same for 3d. Will look into that flip again! and those pops! C: And thank you again Arturow!