Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Primrosa Character - WIP

I've been working on a character model that my Girlfriend designed. I Think I'm going to strive for a PS3 model. I'm not entirely sure how many poly's a PS3 model can handle but I'm assuming around 10K.
Anyways here be the model:

Flowergirl.jpg
And here is the reference my Girlfriend drew:
primrosa2.jpg

Currently I've been working on making her eyelids. I haven't done to much around that area yet though. I'll have to reconstruct it quite a bit in that area to get the loops to flow well.

It's slowly coming together, any crits or tips would be awesome. :thumbup:

Replies

• Stertman
    thats a nice start.. have a look at face topology.. those loops around the eyes look terrible.. but yeah, you stated that yourself^^

will be interesting to se how ou make that hair=)
  • brandoom
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    Cool concept! I think you've made the hips a bit too wide when compared to where the shoulders are in the concept. I agree with Stertman about the face topology. Heres an image that should help you out a bit.

newhead2hp2.jpg

Keep going! :)
  • Jakten_hizeme
    Primrosa02.jpg?t=1258226093

I think I'm about finished with the face, i kind of don't like the way her upper lip doesn't fold over her lower lip at the sides though. I resizing the hips a bit I'm realizing that they down look as round now and they probably should. Also added hair, I'm doing it in pieces and am going to connect them all together after as it seems kind of daunting to take it all at once with one piece of geometry so ignore the fact that she looks like she's going bald lol.

Does anyone know how important it is to keep all the geometry attached? I was taught to always keep it attached but sometimes I see people who don't and I wonder if that could be problematic or not. I think a lot of the geometry I'll need to make for her clothing would be better as seperate.

Thanks for your comments guys I appreciate it! That topography image is really helpful.
  • killingpeople
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
  • Jakten_hizeme
    Thanks killing people :D

primrosahaird.jpg

I finally got around to finishing up her hair and adding some arms. I also added the leaf collar on her. I want to eventually throw her into Zbrush and do some sculpting on her. I'm not sure if I want to leave some of the feathery stuff around her shoulders and ankles for that since it's pretty tedious to model stuff like that.
  • System
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Nice work, the face looks great - be sure to curve those loops more as I feel the forehead to the back of ths skull area is too straight, I know it's early days....

btw who is your girlfriend? She draws damn nice concepts :D

be watching you!