Home General Discussion

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Replies

• fearian
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Wait is blackbolt the one that went to live on the moon because if he so much as coughs everything around him explodes?
  • almighty_gir
  • fearian
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Edit: I missed that this got posted on the last page, but just in case anyone else missed it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqkR0SwFN_4"]Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron extended trailer UK - OFFICIAL | HD - YouTube[/ame]
  • Marine
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    bumping for release

it was fun, but nothing special, cg was a bit shitty at times and the mid-credits scene was a let down.
    fuck them for killing off pietro too
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    maybe cool it on the spoilers seeing as how the movie isn't even out for another week here.
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    ... I knew I shouldn't have clicked this thread.
  • Mask_Salesman
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Marine... dick move bro.

Just saw it (first time at IMAX), holy shitballs. soooooooo good.
  • Richard Kain
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    So Sideshow Collectibles are already doing pre-orders... Gawd if I was rich..

Tell me about it! (Drooooooool) Those are some incredible-looking figures.

This time it's the U.S.'s turn to suffer because of release schedules. The earliest showing I'll be able to attend isn't until next Thursday. And realistically, I'll probably end up seeing it first next Friday evening, a full week from right now.

Meanwhile a lot of other fans are already getting back from their first screenings. I suppose I'll just have to console myself this weekend with my substantial collection of inexpensive video games.
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    They had a 40% sale earlier this week. I was so tempted to get something but it was still pricey.
  • fearian
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Just saw it at Everyman, YES. Loved it.

I think it will get some serious criticism, but it is unashamedly a comic book movie. It's cheesy lines, big action scenes, too many characters, jumping around the globe faster than you can process - It's perfect.

One thing I liked is that when they had to deal with part of the marvel mythos, they have one scene to introduce a concept, then another scene, and in the next they have the actual joke, or action. Usually very quickly. It is a very carefully crafted movie and I cannot wait for
    more infinity gem madness!
  • Jesse Moody
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    The only people I know that can afford Sideshow stuff is game studio creative directors.

What? I have a ton of Sideshow stuff. Honestly it really isn't that hard to afford. Instead of getting coffee daily or eating out or just changing what you would rather spend money on..

Plus they do payment plans if people are interested :)
  • Autocon
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    The only people I know that can afford Sideshow stuff is game studio creative directors.

My texture artist and his wife have maybe 40+ sideshow collectibles.

I have the Uncharted 3 Drake they did, although we did get a 25% discount.
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Well that movie did not disappoint, I'll be trying to see it again.
  • slipsius
    Plus they do payment plans if people are interested :)

Holy shit! I didn't realize that! Thank you!!!
  • Oniram
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 15

I just bought one last week. My first. will probably buy more at some point in my life.
  • Richard Kain
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    Naw, those things are bloody expensive, no matter how you slice it. As soon as you go into the realm of payment plans, you know you're buying something pricey. Still, I'm sorely tempted to get one for myself someday. (extremely cool-looking action figures) I'm leaning toward the Rocket Raccoon one.
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    The movie was very entertaining. I think I like the first avengers a little more and also Cap 2 but still worth the price of admission...and I was lucky in that for me, it was free:)

I have my own little collection of sideshow statues...they aren't cheap but what makes them more difficult to own is having the space to display them. And, you can never throw away the boxes they come in if you ever want to sell them. A little peak of my setup at home:

1530530_685791278121882_1567293072_n.jpg?oh=44413604517bd7b802d5aeb3b543449d&oe=55C36FFF
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Was fun! would see again :) Maybe a few too many punchline moments, but overall was great.

Swear the audio was fucked up in the theater i saw it in, the AC was louder than the movie at times, lots of super silent parts, almost like a channel was missing. Could have just been the vibe, and they didn't turn the volume up or missed turning on the rear speakers or something. "you had one job..."
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    I didnt think there was anything wrong with the audio...sounds like it was your theater...
  • Mstankow
    Offline / Send Message
    Mstankow polycounter lvl 11
    Movie was all right. Felt like the a middle arc in a long running series that is trying to both end and start several storylines in the series. Though I think Daredevil has much better action scenes. And James Gunn does much better dialog than Joss Whedon. Whedon's dialog always sound forced and rehearsed. Though Guardians did have a lot of improvised dialog which might be why it feels much more natural.

Also, Klaw has extremely similar hair to mine.
  • KeirKieran
    Offline / Send Message
    KeirKieran polycounter lvl 3
    I liked the movie. I really did, but I would just love for Whedon to grow out of the childish habit of
    killing people just cus "O noes! Look, somebody you liked died! Isn't that super cereal?! Aren't I a bold director for doing that? It's so hardcore!"
    Cus it's really getting old.

And he's always so pleased with himself. "Ha! Didn't see that coming, did you?" No, we didn't, because it was pointless and random and you did zero foreshadowing for it.
  • McGreed
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    moose wrote: »
    Swear the audio was fucked up in the theater i saw it in, the AC was louder than the movie at times, lots of super silent parts, almost like a channel was missing. Could have just been the vibe, and they didn't turn the volume up or missed turning on the rear speakers or something. "you had one job..."

Any chance you were watching the movie in Dublin, Ireland? Because I was in the cinema to watch it there and DAMN did they have the volumn turned up WAAAAAY too loud, everyone around me was commenting on it. I don't know if we got used to it, but it was better when the movie started get going, or maybe someone actually went down to tell them.

Btw the best line in the movie, that cracked me up was: "Good talk!" "No it wasn't!".
  • slipsius
    I really enjoyed tihs one. But ya, I would say probably my 4th favourite marvel movie? Still enjoyed the heck outta it though. Good laughs. Good action.

I think my biggest gripe was that at times it felt like a michael bay movie, in that almost all of the action was super close up, super fast camera cuts, so you couldnt really tell what was going on half the time. Felt like I was watching a transformers movie. I think more directors need to take a page from the new Daredevil series and just pull the camera out. Not have as many cuts. Less is more. Let us actually see all the hardwork you've put into it.
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I really liked it. It didn't excite me as much as the first one, but that said I think it was just as good. I'm just more used to seeing movies like this now.

I'm kinda pissed off about the spoiler I saw in THIS THREAD though. I did such a good job of avoiding spoilers, despite the fact that I frequent a bunch of different comicbook and movie discussion boards, so the fact that i was spoiled here just fucking sucks especially since
    it had to do with a character who I'm particularly a big fan of (my cat is named Pietro) and I probably wouldn't have "seen that coming".
    . I mean, these movies are usually so by-the-numbers that it's pretty much impossible for spoilers to matter, but seriously I don't see the value of sperging out and posting a potentially big moment toward the end of a movie over a week before it's been released in a lot of places. Especially in a forum that has spoiler tags. Seriously, what the fuck.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Shiniku wrote: »
    Yeah, I really liked it. It didn't excite me as much as the first one, but that said I think it was just as good. I'm just more used to seeing movies like this now.

I'm kinda pissed off about the spoiler I saw in THIS THREAD though. I did such a good job of avoiding spoilers, despite the fact that I frequent a bunch of different comicbook and movie discussion boards, so the fact that i was spoiled here just fucking sucks especially since
    it had to do with a character who I'm particularly a big fan of (my cat is named Pietro) and I probably wouldn't have "seen that coming".
    . I mean, these movies are usually so by-the-numbers that it's pretty much impossible for spoilers to matter, but seriously I don't see the value of sperging out and posting a potentially big moment toward the end of a movie over a week before it's been released in a lot of places. Especially in a forum that has spoiler tags. Seriously, what the fuck.
    Agreed. I was pretty pissed too, and avoided this thread afterwards. I came in here, to get impressions on the movie, to make sure it wasn't overhyped and potentially garbage. Instead, the first thing I read was a huge spoiler. Pretty much any time that character was on the screen, I was waiting for it to happen. Thanks for fucking it up for others :/
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    notman wrote: »
    Agreed. I was pretty pissed too, and avoided this thread afterwards. I came in here, to get impressions on the movie, to make sure it wasn't overhyped and potentially garbage. Instead, the first thing I read was a huge spoiler. Pretty much any time that character was on the screen, I was waiting for it to happen. Thanks for fucking it up for others :/

Hah, why would anyone come into a movie thread before watching the movie? While posting spoilers is WRONG, I equally blame anyone who comes into a thread expecting to just have "feelings or opinions" being discussed. I don't dare come into a movie or TV show thread unless I have watched said movie or show up to date.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I stated it very clearly. Threads about TV shows, are ongoing. This was a thread about the excitement for the movie. People come in to see if it was good. There are spoiler tags for a reason. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the thread to remain spoiler free... especially when the movie hadn't even been released in the US yet.
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    notman wrote: »
    I think I stated it very clearly. Threads about TV shows, are ongoing. This was a thread about the excitement for the movie. People come in to see if it was good. There are spoiler tags for a reason. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the thread to remain spoiler free... especially when the movie hadn't even been released in the US yet.

Again, I agree that it SHOULD remain spoiler free. But you're putting an awful lot of faith in random people you don't know who you probably shouldn't trust. You could just go to IMDB or rottentomatoes which is a better indication of whether a movie is good or not.
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    For me, I wasn't aware the movie had even been released yet, as it hadn't in my country (USA, so that's not something I usually worry about) so I had no reason to believe the thread would be unsafe.

Even then, I avoid reading posts from people who have seen the movie, or especially long posts, but this post in particular was a single line and I read it unintentionally just scrolling through. Just annoying. I was just sitting there waiting for it to happen for most of the movie, it definitely negatively impacted my experience.
  • sourtalk
    This movie is full of sexy folks and I just love looking at them LOL :D
  • Joao Sapiro
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    great movie ! very entertaining and great avengers character development. i didnt like ultron much tho , didnt seem that good of a villain and seeing him speak was kidallnda weird as he bent the metal around his moith etc very orgqnically , it just looked weird...the marble statue at the end was brilliant. i want one.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    He actually had small sections of metal, that moved, and allowed him to form words. Still a bit of suspended disbelief, but it wasn't just metal reforming as he spoke.