Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[PORTFOLIO UPDATE] - Far Cry 4 art dump from Gamescom

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
JobyeK polycounter lvl 13
[August 2014 Update]

Made a quick update to my portfolio site last night to include some of the publicly released media of Far Cry 4 from Gamescom that revealed the Shangri-La portion of the game with my level!

Keep your eyes peeled on here after November 18th for a proper high-resolution goodness art dump (and not compressed video screenshots :P!)

Crits/feedback welcome as always!

See more here: www.jobyek.com

FC4_01.jpg
FC4_04.jpg
FC4_06.jpg

Glimpse Intro Kyrat Trailer - Far Cry 4

This was a long overdue update to my website, but better late than never, yeah? Brand new website made from scratch (finally ditched carbon made!) and got all my environment art work from Splinter Cell Blacklist up on there for your perusal! Crits/feedback welcome :)!

http://www.jobyek.com

Some pics, see the rest on the website!
SCB_Plaza_01.jpg
SCB_BackAlley01_02.jpg
SCB_Apartments_04.jpg
SCB_Prop_Scooter_01.jpg

Cheers and psst, don't forget to check out the great work from the other artists who worked on the game as well if you haven't already: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125753

Replies

• Stormfreek
    Really nice stuff man, really loved the texture flats on your site :D
  • mats effect
    I loved Blacklist most likely the last great game of the current console gen. Lots of really nice environment work you have there, really like the materials, great definition. Trying to find something to be critical on but I can't lol :D

I really like your site layout too, keeps it really simple but its not just a blank html page with images at the same time.
  • ExcessiveZero
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    Nice, very nice, the texture work is crisp
  • DWalker
    I've no idea why you included that video link.

I'd place the menu buttons on their own line.

The fonts overall are rather large; I'd drop the size of everything except the body text by 1-2 sizes. This will also make for easier viewing on tablets or windowed browsers.

Get rid of the forward slashes ('/') at the start of each description; if you want to indent, tabs or even spaces would be a better choice.

The down arrow at the start of each major section generally implies that the section can be expanded/contracted; it doesn't really serve any purpose here.

grr... unrealistic lens flares, but those are probably part of the engine anyway...

Your portfolio includes only professional work from a single project. There's nothing wrong with that, but it would be nice to see a bit more variety, possibly something you have chosen on your own.

For the props, it would be nice to see wireframes, texture sheets, and poly counts.

Everything seems rather gray and washed out. This was probably more of a design decision by your art director than your own choice. Some personal projects, however, would add variety.
  • JobyeK
    Offline / Send Message
    DWalker wrote: »
    I've no idea why you included that video link. for shits and giggles :D

I'd place the menu buttons on their own line. does it feel confusing to you that they're in the same line as the Environment Artist title?

The fonts overall are rather large; I'd drop the size of everything except the body text by 1-2 sizes. This will also make for easier viewing on tablets or windowed browsers. I'll double check this on my tablet tonight!

Get rid of the forward slashes ('/') at the start of each description; if you want to indent, tabs or even spaces would be a better choice. Yeah, might try an indent!

The down arrow at the start of each major section generally implies that the section can be expanded/contracted; it doesn't really serve any purpose here.

grr... unrealistic lens flares, but those are probably part of the engine anyway...yeahhhhh, not as cool in in CryEngine or Frosbite for sure :P

Your portfolio includes only professional work from a single project. There's nothing wrong with that, but it would be nice to see a bit more variety, possibly something you have chosen on your own. Yup, working on that, need to start getting some personal projects off the ground at home!

For the props, it would be nice to see wireframes, texture sheets, and poly counts. Kind of curious to see what is other people's opinion on this. I don't seem to see a lot of that anymore in other people's portfolios once they're actually in the industry, super important when you're first breaking in for sure, but once you're in it? Is it that important anymore to see?

Everything seems rather gray and washed out. This was probably more of a design decision by your art director than your own choice. Some personal projects, however, would add variety. Yeah, it was kind of a problem we struggled with early on with the level, we tried to inject as much color as we could in the environment itself, but yeah, the lighting kind of flattens it out in some cases.

Answers in bold/red!
  • JobyeK
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated OP with new public Far Cry 4 art from Gamescom :)!

[August 2014 Update]

FC4_01.jpg
    FC4_04.jpg
    FC4_06.jpg

See more here:
    www.jobyek.com
  • DireWolf
  • JobyeK
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! Can't wait to post better screenies after Nov. 18th and for people to see the rest of the levels the other artists are working on too, they're all pretty unique!
  • chrisradsby
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Nice work so far man :)! Can't wait to play it