Home Contests & Challenges Archives

ESCAPE - Next Stop: Liberty - Positively 3D

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
Joopson quad damage
Hey Everyone.
This is our ESCAPE thread, Where me (Andrew, AKA Joopson), and Bryce (Bawarner8009) work on a near-future grimy sort of subway.

In the eloquent words of Bryce:
"Kind of want that half life 2 kind of subway look with a few sci fi elements mixed in. I was looking at a lot of cool subway pictures for reference for the actual modeling since its hard to distinguish whats what in the concepts, I'll make a folder and compile some of the photos I saw. As for the actual escape part, I was thinking of these robot things searching for people along with soldiers as well, and people will be running from them and hiding in the subway or whatever."

And here's the mentioned concepts he did:
d1OH7uP.jpg

Sketchy, but they really capture the mood we're going for, and they get my imagination going.

So, sources of inspiration will be Half-Life 2, Metro 2033, RAGE, and maybe even Fallout 3, which had some nice subways. Also real subways, of course.

So, we'll get to work, then.

Replies

• Joopson
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Well, hate to say it, but it's been discontinued before even being started! Bryce got the possibility of a super cool internship, though it isn't for sure yet, but he'll be busy for the next few weeks as a result. I thought about continuing on my own, but with the deadline approaching, it doesn't seem like it'd be too possible.