Home Technical Talk

Insert Mesh, Zbrush, with polypaint.

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
Joopson quad damage
Hey everyone,
I've run into a little snag. I'm making some Ivy in zbrush, and as you can see I've polypainted the leaves. The ones that are coloured, I placed as subtools, and manually moved into place using Zbrush's confusing scale-rotate-move tool. This was taking far too long, so I thought about using the new insert brushes. It works like a charm and is super fast, except it seems to ignore my polypaint. Surely there's a way to include it?
Thanks, here's the picture

ZbrushInsert.png

Replies

• cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I haven't played with the inset brushes much, but testing it on the demo head it seems to be including polypaint data if I draw it out while a texture is turned on.

(Basically give the original leaf some UVs, new texture from polypaint, then load it as the InsertBrush's tool and draw it out. It will probably look black or messed up as you draw it out, but when you turn the texture off, the polypaint is there. Just make sure to turn the texture back on before drawing out any new leaves).
  • Joopson
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Thanks Cryid, worked like a charm! Kind of a workaround, but beggars can't be choosers. I'm thinking there must be a setting for it hidden somewhere, so I'll keep an eye-out.