Originally Posted by Baron Flame
What should an ideal 3D portfolio contain or more specifically what should an environment artist’s /character artist’s portfolio contain?
Generally speaking it should:
- Clearly identify of what type of artist they are based on the content
- Finished works
- Real time renders
- Breakdown of your work with details
- Demonstrate an understanding of efficient 3D modelling
- Demonstrate an understanding of efficient texturing/materials
- Demonstrate an understanding of current workflows in the industry
- Demonstrate an understanding of art theory
- Interesting subjects
- Show's some variety in skills and abilities but have clear underlined strength in key areas.
Although what I wrote is a list you can cover all of that in just 2 projects.