Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeet
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    Looks interesting, but the whole speech police thing with the community manager (Josh Olin) getting fired for his opinion on a private twitter account really soured my impression of this game.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I honestly do not see the logic in that. How does that affect the quality of the play experience? Does that mean you're going to constantly mourn someone else's career status while attempting to play the game, to the point of it interfering with your fun?
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Dataday wrote: »
    Looks interesting, but the whole speech police thing with the community manager (Josh Olin) getting fired for his opinion on a private twitter account really soured my impression of this game.

Agreed, I lost a lot of respect for Turtle Rock for firing Josh Olin for basically saying that people are allowed to have there own opinions on things.

That said, the game looks really cool and I think it could be a fun mechanic. But I am not sold on the idea of 1v4. Seems like a weird makeup of one person basically plays alone in the multiplayer game.

I would of course want to play it for a bit to see if it was weird, but I could see playing as the beast getting lonely/boring after a while. Then again some people love the "you against the world" or "lone wolf" role in MP games.
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I honestly do not see the logic in that. How does that affect the quality of the play experience? Does that mean you're going to constantly mourn someone else's career status while attempting to play the game, to the point of it interfering with your fun?

Theres logic in evaluating ones level of support or the impression one has based on something you see as wrong. Notice I didnt say the game was horrible or that I'm not interested, the rest of the developers dont deserve the negative reactions due to the actions of the studio heads but it would also be dishonest if I didnt acknowledge the issue with Josh Olin as it pertains to their product. These are products at the end of the day and as consumers, one way to send a message of disapproval is with ones wallet. Sometimes there really are no winners, like in this case. So thus my impression of the product has soured a bit. I see it as a logical response tied to a negative emotional response which is associated with the product.
  • iconoplast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iconoplast polycounter lvl 13
    Theres logic in evaluating ones level of support or the impression one has based on something you see as wrong. Notice I didnt say the game was horrible or that I'm not interested, the rest of the developers dont deserve the negative reactions due to the actions of the studio heads but it would also be dishonest if I didnt acknowledge the issue with Josh Olin as it pertains to their product. These are products at the end of the day and as consumers, one way to send a message of disapproval is with ones wallet. Sometimes there really are no winners, like in this case. So thus my impression of the product has soured a bit. I see it as a logical response to a negative emotional response which is associated with the product.
    His public statement closed with this: "That said, everyone should totally still buy Evolve. The guys and gals making that game know their ***, and are making it good." (source)

So while I'm all in favor of voting with one's wallet and do it all the time myself, I still think it's worth noting that the individual harmed in this case doesn't think you need to.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon wrote: »
    Agreed, I lost a lot of respect for Turtle Rock for firing Josh Olin for basically saying that people are allowed to have there own opinions on things.

That said, the game looks really cool and I think it could be a fun mechanic. But I am not sold on the idea of 1v4. Seems like a weird makeup of one person basically plays alone in the multiplayer game.

I would of course want to play it for a bit to see if it was weird, but I could see playing as the beast getting lonely/boring after a while. Then again some people love the "you against the world" or "lone wolf" role in MP games.

Have you played much L4D? I always thought the Tank moments were super fun, playing both as the survivors and the tank. From what it seems, the gameplay strongly revolves around that experience.
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iconoplast wrote: »
    His public statement closed with this: "That said, everyone should totally still buy Evolve. The guys and gals making that game know their ***, and are making it good." (source)

So while I'm all in favor of voting with one's wallet and do it all the time myself, I still think it's worth noting that the individual harmed in this case doesn't think you need to.

I am aware of that, but thats also just his request. I havent made up my mind either way regarding a purchase, but I think everyone is up to make their choices on whatever factors they feel are important. The voting with ones wallet comment was just a general statement, one that can have a cause and effect based on consumer actions. Josh does deserve kudos for taking the high road.
  • iconoplast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iconoplast polycounter lvl 13
    I am aware of that, but thats also just his request. I havent made up my mind either way regarding a purchase, but I think everyone is up to make their choices on whatever factors they feel are important. The voting with ones wallet commend was just a general statement, one that can have a cause and effect based on consumer actions. Josh does deserve kudos for taking the high road.
    Agreed, especially with the last statement. Mostly, though, I wanted to make sure that you (and the folks playing along at home) had the information as it's worth considering.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Reviving this thread just to say I have a spare key for the big alpha for Xbox One.

T9YPG-6PQMV-2CXHK-QRH6W-PP4RZ

I'm currently pre-loading the game on Steam, hopefully it is worth the huge download!
  • beefaroni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    Hmmm. I'm not sure how I feel about this game. Out of the 5 games I've played, I've only had 1 fun game. As the hunters, I feel the game is too reliant on teamwork and utilization of specific class specials. If one person doesn't have a mic / know how to play / disconnects, the whole team can quickly fall apart.

I'm going to pass on this game. I see a lot of potential, but I don't want to play a ton of games just to have fun in maybe a few of them.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just got done with my first match. The art is amazing, I really love the monster designs, but I wasn't really having a whole lot of fun. It seems like it's a great game for people who like this type of gameplay but I'll have to pass on it also.

The PC version seems playable, but a lot of people are reporting issues of the game being unplayable. It may be an alpha test but I would hope that PC player problems don't go straight to the trash due to the fact that the release date is so soon. There are also basically no graphical customization options which is unfortunate.

EDIT: Looks like I just got some more Steam keys in my e-mail. I don't have any friends that would enjoy this game that don't already have it, so its up for grabs for anybody here. To redeem, go to Library>Add a game (bottom left corner)>Activate a product on Steam. Have fun!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FECY7-NHR40-6VR6A

FECZF-4M0JW-LG650
    [/FONT]
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I haven't played yet but I've watched a lot of gameplay vids. I am a bit concerned at how much running around there is, it looks super boring and tedious.

L4D was awesome because you had tons of normal zombies to kill as you play. In EVOVLE it seems that moment-to-moment element has been stripped.

I still want to try it at least.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    I had my expectations very high for this game since its announcement, but when i watched some gameplays, ughhh, i said to myself "meh, this looks pretty boring". 2K games gave the "big alpha" to the steam customers with X-Com: Enemy Unknown and i'm going to test this 4v1 game this weekend. I love what 2K does with its customers.

Anyways, the game looks great compared to other games, but who knows if it will be a dead game in two months (without gamers). I prefer to pay for Killing Floor 2, really.

BTW, i don't foresee anything good for this title, its gameplay might not be so successful as they/you may think. Just take the example of Titan Fall... what a huge fall! titanic!

hold your horses.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Yeah I need to get some friends together on and play a few rounds, but I really like the idea of having a game where I can play by myself or in a team and have a different experience.
  • SuperFranky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperFranky polycounter lvl 10
    Tried a few matches, didn't like it at all. I guess it's only for people who like to work in teams and it probably requires a lot more practice to have fun with it.
  • PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    Really good fun so far! Had a blast playing with randoms and a friend earlier. Seems like it could be a lot of fun at LANs!
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    some more codes for PC.

CODE for PC:
    ZIPH6-TFABV-HJ3H2
    ZIPJQ-LFKXI-GWXD3
    ZIPKW-9VZC4-8KHKL
    ZIPM7-NH775-KXI02
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 18
    awesome! I got one! Thanks Glottis--I'll give it a spin tonight :-)
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grabbed a code here and it said I already owned the game???
    Is that just the Big Alpha from X-com 'cause the game listing in the library doesn't specify.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    The game isn't going to be fun if you don't organize with friends or at least have a minimum amount of support, a monster can pretty much beeline for your medic, and support/heavy combo, usually leaving the trapper as the last one standing before rushing the Core if you don't play as a team, giving them 2 minutes of Core smashing (the core can be destroyed in about 30 seconds top).

It can also get aggravating if your Medic runs at point blank against a large beast that can take them down in 1 hit, or your team doesn't follow Daisy and allows the monster to rush stage 3 in under 5 minutes.

Basically, this game is like a more specialized and compact version of L4D, where roles do matter and play a part, if you aren't going to shield your medic or daisy right before a monster nukes them down, then I don't think the game is for you :x
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    i've got a few steam keys for the last day of the test here if anyone wants to have a go
    M4B2C-REIBX-CTAIK
    M4B5T-5CIJ4-PTQ4P
    M4BB3-WXBVY-IP2KR
    M4C2T-F9LKF-FNIQV
  • CN.Kitsune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF wrote: »
    i've got a few steam keys for the last day of the test here if anyone wants to have a go
    M4B2C-REIBX-CTAIK
    M4B5T-5CIJ4-PTQ4P
    M4BB3-WXBVY-IP2KR
    M4C2T-F9LKF-FNIQV

got the bottom one thanks :)
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a Steam code for the new technical test, I believe everybody who participated in the Alpha should get one through e-mail.

Edit: Key taken.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Just tried the code ... but it looks like it shows up only as a pre-load. Maybe that means that it's been taken already ?
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No, I believe that means you got the code. The test starts January 16th at 9AM PST for PC users.
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    NegevPro wrote: »
    No, I believe that means you got the code. The test starts January 16th at 9AM PST for PC users.

Yep yep yep!

downloading now.

giddy! I am giddy ( this iz gonna be a loooong wait )
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone need a code on PC?
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd totally love a code for PC!
    PMd you the code :D Enjoy.
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    hmm I had been interested in this game, but the recently announced pricing structure/dlc has soured me on it.....
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Is it normal to receive a "Steam query" email after redeeming the key ? Something about the "Find Account By CD Key process".
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior wrote: »
    Is it normal to receive a "Steam query" email after redeeming the key ? Something about the "Find Account By CD Key process".
    That usually happens when somebody else tries redeeming a key that has already been used. I completely forgot to removed the code that you used, sorry about that.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Can someone explain the thought process behind the DLC on this one? I'm having trouble working it out. It seems like the base game is a full price game that gives you four 'hunter' classes and three 'monster' classes out of the box, but you have to grind to unlock them (unless you pre-order a certain edition of the game)? Isn't that a bit content sparse? The whole thing is a bit too confusing and it sounds like the whole package is going to be really expensive (like £175 expensive)?
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee wrote: »
    Can someone explain the thought process behind the DLC on this one? I'm having trouble working it out. It seems like the base game is a full price game that gives you four 'hunter' classes and three 'monster' classes out of the box, but you have to grind to unlock them (unless you pre-order a certain edition of the game)? Isn't that a bit content sparse? The whole thing is a bit too confusing and it sounds like the whole package is going to be really expensive (like £175 expensive)?
    I don't plan on picking up the game so I could be wrong, but my understanding of it is that the game itself has 12 hunter to choose from and 3 monster types out of the box.

When you launch the game for the first time, you'll only have access to the first 4 hunters and the first monster type. You need to play the game and level up to unlock the remaining 8 hunters and the other 2 monsters.

The unlocks you get for pre-purchasing simply unlock the last 4 hunters and the third monster type out of the box. So instead of starting out with 4 hunters and 1 monster, you'll get 8 hunters and 2 monsters, and you'll have to play to unlock the remaining 4 hunters and the last monster. If you don't pre-purchase, you'll simply have to play a lot to unlock the remaining 8 hunters and the last 2 monster types. Regardless of if you pre-purchase or not, you'll get access to all 12 hunters and all 3 monster types if you play long enough. I'm pretty sure this is also exclusive to Xbox One players, as people on other platforms will have to play the game and grind to get the locked hunters and monsters.

Pre-purchases additionally provide players with a 4th, new monster that will be sold as separate DLC for $15 later, along with a skin for one of the existing monsters.

Regardless of if you pre-order or not, the base game will contain 12 hunters and 3 monsters, so you don't have to buy them separately or anything.

The only announced DLC for the game so far that I know of is the 4th monster you can get for pre-ordering, and the season pass which is $25 that will provide additional hunters and 3 new monsters later on.
  • radiancef0rge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    radiancef0rge ngon master
    I'd totally love a code for PC!

dude, you have one in your email
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    Misery!
    I am getting:
    "couldnt allocate specular probes"
    error messages.
    Forums seem to point to pre dx 11 gpu's or intel cpu's as the issue?
    I find it hard to believe that the game does not support intel and is supposed to release in less than a month!

But I have a dx11 card so I have to wonder since I get the error and have i7-980x.
  • jestersheepy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jestersheepy polycounter lvl 8
    Loving the game, preordered it after the first closed beta, now they have all these additional preorders with no way to upgrade my version :( Would totally get the £58 (little more than a console game).
    Want to support games like this, need more of dat asymmetrical creature gameplay.
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    MikeF wrote: »
    M4B2C-REIBX-CTAIK
    M4B5T-5CIJ4-PTQ4P
    M4BB3-WXBVY-IP2KR
    M4C2T-F9LKF-FNIQV

Grabbed the second-to-last and it seems to have worked - gracias!
  • Decie123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Decie123 polycounter lvl 3
    Amazing Game!! Art Work, the actual game and the detail in the monsters are great!!
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    The character art is awesome, they did a really good job on this :)
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    the art in this game is just:

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg
  • Gusti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks very pretty thats for sure.. But quite possibly one of the most boring FPS´s I have ever tried.

Even Brink was more "fun" and that one stank pretty hard due to lag and bugs.
    Tried all the different classes, and the first available monster and its just a big ol "mehh" all around.

Even with a group of 4 friends playing as hunters, not once was there exitement or people panicking or shouting.. just quiet boredom from everyone involved :P

Very dissapointed in the gameplay.
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    being critical of a game on polycount?
    oh lawd you'd better run...

(I agree)
  • Ruka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruka polycounter lvl 5
    being critical of a game on polycount?
    oh lawd you'd better run...

(I agree)

The art itself is gorgeous. I can't say anything about the fun of the gameplay, because I don't play it and seeing the greedy business practice of the publisher, I'm sure I won't.

I mean you pay a full (and quite steep) price for a game and yet there is tons of stuff you have to buy extra?! No way!
    That is a kick in the nuts, really.
  • Gadorian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gadorian polycounter lvl 7
    I've watched few streams on twitch and the game looks like fun.
    But the question is: can we expect an Evolve art dump thread, pretty please?
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Ruka wrote: »
    I mean you pay a full (and quite steep) price for a game and yet there is tons of stuff you have to buy extra?! No way!
    That is a kick in the nuts, really.

Agreed, the season pass stuff in general with games kinda bugs me, with console purchases its even worse as you can end up spending almost £70-80 for one game with all the extras :poly115:

Will prob wait for a while before picking it up, see what other people think. Definitely want a copy of this though: [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Evolve-2k-Games/dp/1608875148/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423732755&sr=8-2&keywords=art+of+evolve"]The Art of Evolve[/ame]

EDIT: This is great as well :poly136:
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So its pay to win?

I didn't know that. Good thing i didn't go into the hype. I wanted the game to be as awesome as L4D and L4D2. But i guess not.

I do dislike the pay to win practice. Specially when you are paying 60 dlls already for the game.

Congrats to the art team behind the game tho. It looks awesome.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Not sure if its P2W, have to do more research into it - think a lot of the purchases were mainly cosmetic, but if someone else could confirm that'd be great.

Meanwhile, at the 2k Games HQ...

xVd308f.png