Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My latest update for portfolio.

snake85027
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
www.dwbailey.com

http://www.twitch.tv/yourownskills

Here is some fan art from Diablo 3 concept, I used UDK to make this small scene..Ill
be leaving the twitch stream up all night. comment , hope you guys like it. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• snake85027
  • snake85027
  • Jorvid
    Just a few notes:

-The design and color pallet for your site is bland. Try adding a header image or something to liven your site up :).
    -You should cut back on the amount of images used for renders. Quality > Quantity. It's annoying having to click on 3 separate thumbnails for a single piece.
    -Also try getting higher res shots. I'm having a difficult time fully appreciating your work with such low resolution.
    -Try keeping your unfinished and finished work separate. WIP are good to see, but they should be kept apart from final stuff. Additionally I would advise against have repeated work in other categories.
    - I noticed most of your better work is with environments. Try marketing yourself as a Environmental Artist.
    - Personally I would do-over those fly by videos. I found them to be pretty meh. Try showing off your models more, have more dynamic shots instead of just from the ground.
    - You should also have a separate page for a resume/contact/artist bio. Downloads are good, but most people just want to see a quick overview of yourself before they are willing to download your resume.