Home Technical Talk

Cryexport issue

Filip5
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Filip5 polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys,

I ve tired to export model from 3ds max 2015 to cryengine 3, but it somehow looks strange...

http://postimg.org/image/wz0h6jmbt/

I followed the tutorial but there is something weird about that. Also, could it be only caused by textures ?

And also, cryengine wont find my textures, even if theyre in the same folder in model and in TIFF file- any idea why ?
(Created in substance painter and exported for cryengine 3)

Thank you for your time and any responses.

Replies

• Filip5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Filip5 polycounter lvl 9
    Also, I tried 3 tutorials and my textures are always replace me red thing. Anyone would help me with this trough skype ?
  • JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
    Did you create the Cryengine material files in your preferred folder of the SDK "Objects" directory using the 3ds Max exporter? Did you open said material files in the Cryengine material editor (look for checkered ball icon in main Cryengine window) and hook up your textures? Usually the "replace me" goes away when you put a diffuse texture into your material.
  • Filip5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Filip5 polycounter lvl 9
    Yes, I did everything a stated in tutorial. I saved model and textures in SDK objects folder using 3ds max 2015 cryengine exporter. Hovewer, the textures do not show up for me. even if they are tiff file...
  • JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you hook the textures up in the material editor by going into the material editor (it's a checkered ball icon on the toolbar, second or third row down), finding the correct material for your object (you should be able to navigate to it in the pane on the left), finding the correct material slot in it if there's more than one, going to the texture slots, clicking the ... button next to e.g. the diffuse texture slot, finding your .tif texture file, and clicking OK? Do you have a physics proxy (i.e. collider) mesh that's being drawn over your object? (If so you need to change that sub material to be of type PhysProxyNoDraw or something.)
  • Filip5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Filip5 polycounter lvl 9
    Here, I took a screenshot of my material editor. Textures are applied and it still does not work... I also switched collider to no drawm but without change...

http://postimg.org/image/634bljl51/
  • JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3.3.5 is pretty old... is upgrading to at least 3.5.8, the last version of the free SDK, an option for you? It might not solve your problem but it could be worth a try if you don't have a bandwidth cap. 3.6 which is available on Steam is the first version to introduce physically-based rendering which is a step up in visual fidelity.

3.6 also introduced the ddna texture type as far as I know, which means that if you're still on 3.3 you should be using the ddn suffix for your normal map and not putting the gloss in the alpha channel. Not 100% sure about this though, and not sure if it would solve your problem. Maybe you should start a thread on the Cryengine forums as well.

Edit: Also the ddn or ddna texture should go in the bumpmap slot, not the detail slot.