Offline / Send Message
    ShorkGamer polycounter lvl 7
    Yea that helps awesome I will refine it after I finished the cent set. :D
    Ty
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    You need to use References. You will be dead in the water if you aren't.

It is imperative to the process of creating sound concepts.

The only reason I was curious is because of the speed and amount of work you produce is not reflecting or showing any growth. By increasing your workflow and process behind the work, you will guaranteed create stronger works.

This isn't a unknown process. It's not a quantity game. Improving your workflow and process will make your skill increase relative to the amount of work you produce.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VlRzi6f.jpg

Okay I will work on that as I want to get a selfmade item this is my final goal.
    Well what do u think of my cent set atm? I try to make a good concept.
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi polycounter lvl 4
    Its okay but you have to put more detail in, so people know what they are modelling, also think about how these items would work in real life; the armlets for the centaur set would struggle to stay attached to his arms when they are only fitted to him by a single thin band which looks quite flimsy. What are the shoulders? They need detail and need to be recognisable as material. Their silhouette is fine but you have to fill it with interestign stuff too. They also have the same practicality issue as the armlets. They would never stay attached to him considering the only thing keeping them attached is a few thin bands which arent taut. Also how does the banding work for the two horns at the back, and how to they add to the functionality of the design?
    Just some stuff to think about to make your designs more concise :) If i can look at it and all of these questions are immediately answered for me then the design will have a good chance of being successful!
    Also I notice you are suffering somewhat by the same issue as I have, where I get too keen to post stuff as opposed to actually refining my drawings. It helps people be a lot more excited when you post complete work :) good luck
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi wrote: »
    Its okay but you have to put more detail in, so people know what they are modelling, also think about how these items would work in real life; the armlets for the centaur set would struggle to stay attached to his arms when they are only fitted to him by a single thin band which looks quite flimsy. What are the shoulders? They need detail and need to be recognisable as material. Their silhouette is fine but you have to fill it with interestign stuff too. They also have the same practicality issue as the armlets. They would never stay attached to him considering the only thing keeping them attached is a few thin bands which arent taut. Also how does the banding work for the two horns at the back, and how to they add to the functionality of the design?
    Just some stuff to think about to make your designs more concise :) If i can look at it and all of these questions are immediately answered for me then the design will have a good chance of being successful!
    Also I notice you are suffering somewhat by the same issue as I have, where I get too keen to post stuff as opposed to actually refining my drawings. It helps people be a lot more excited when you post complete work :) good luck

Yea the set is not finished yet, I will rework the back I think I will make one big horn to support more bands.
    I will also make a "really big" weapon in relation to the existing ones of centaur and the tail will have a horn inside of it well it will be cool aber for the side armor I have no idea yet but it will be cool I hope.

I will try to add some more details.
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    ShorkGamer wrote: »
    Yea the set is not finished yet,...

This is going to sound harsh, but it's meant to be constructive.

Don't post your concepts until you hit milestones that will impress people OR you are pigeon holed and need help/advice. Accept their critique, and refine the concept from there.

The concept should be demanding our attention.

If you don't feel excited, or proud of your work, why would anyone else want to give it the time of day. Try to hit a rough out the entire piece to a certain point, and repeat until you feel like the entire sketch is at a point where you need others help refining it more. Post it up, and work from there. Then repeat, getting your level of detail to the same mark, post, repeat.

Constant dumbs of the same image with no change will negatively affect the amount of collabs that people will want to do with you.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nTNUs9L.jpg

A quick single item for slardar because I have like no time atm. :D
    Up for graps ^^
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    2nbTE25.jpg
    UOyibUM.jpg
    UPDATE 1:
    Head Slot Finished. :D
    GvymBxP.jpg
    UPDATE 2:
    Belt Slot Finished.
    I started working a WD Set with a long shaping process unlike in other concepts from me.
    I will continue tomorrow. :D I still need to do the staff and shoulder shape then I will put details in it.
    Pls give me feedback.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nUxSlOl.jpg

The Shapes are now done I will maybe make a new bag.
    Plz give me feedback. :D
  • Automedic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love that concept, especially the shoulder and the headpiece. That big reptile skull compliments his hunched posture pretty well. I'd also stand a bit crooked if I had to haul that thing around :)

I think the belt and the staff could need some more work, though. The teeth strapped to the bag look a little bit random right now and I think the staff could do with some kind of eye-catcher.

All in all great work, though.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for the great feedback! I will make a new bag and add smth cool to the staff.
    I hope I can find someone to model it. :D
    Btw. the bad is some kind of a skull too. :D But back then I hadnt this primeval theme in my head. I may change it in to a other skull.
    ghuc9R1.jpg
    Back Piece is now finished
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EKpGm4f.jpg
    So a new Update! Belt Slot is now finished I guess now I will rework the staff and add details to the belt.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bgmOmVU.jpg
    Is this a gud idea?
  • Automedic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like how you turned the bag into another skull. Looks a lot more interesting now.

I think however that the vials and the Necronomicons are way too small to justify the level of detail they would require.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Automedic wrote: »
    I like how you turned the bag into another skull. Looks a lot more interesting now.

I think however that the vials and the Necronomicons are way too small to justify the level of detail they would require.

Yea I will make them Bigger, I added you on steam btw. maybe we can talk about the set there. :-D I also have some Ideas regarding custom particle effects.

z5rFKMh.jpg
    (The salves are place holders for some shiz)
    Some change still a long way to go. :D
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    9Qor54j.jpg

The Witch Doctor Set is now finished, I will change things when needed.(Optional Idea for a new bag[A Bottle])

• ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Witch Doctor set is now taken by Celths! :)
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WyNy2yg.jpg
    eAJkvNY.jpg
    rFw7uDk.jpg
    FuULDHp.jpg
    Started working on a wicked sick meepo set!
    Meepo Set is now taken by Celths. :)
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bmLSgVk.jpg
    HUIhZ19.jpg
    still W.I.P but almost finished. I will make the concept for the wep tomorrow.
  • amadeus.mozart
    i like the overall shape, the mask to . but imo i think it cover to much of the face.nice job though
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    q0Fx1Pk.jpg
    Finished the weapon shape. Details coming soon. :D
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    95oLFfO.jpg
    yFsg3nH.jpg
    So the Meepo set concept is now finished. :-)
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xGym1zw.jpg
    After a long break I started warming up with a super quick magnus horn thingy I pretty like it. :-)
    Up for colab btw.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xDG3uAA.jpg
    Smth little non Dota 2, can u tell if I get better?
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    For giving critique It'll be harsh so just bear with it
    Saturation is too high. Usually objects don't have saturation over 75%
    Linework is sloppy, you need clean strokes
    - you should also learn a bit more on line weight. Thicker the line usually means it far thin lines means is close.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea that was done on purpose.
    Ty for the line thingy tho!

1ArwK00.jpg

Little Creepy Treant up for graps!
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Q2XkGPL.jpg

Started working on the WD Set with Celths, alot needed to be changed.
  • ceed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ceed polycounter lvl 3
    I feel like i watched a child going crazy with crayons.
    Just an advice, go back to the real basics.
    Youtube should provide you with enought suff... just search for drawing basics.
    Ands if you really wanna get anywhere serious with this, stop posting concept until you can make straight lines and your render is half way correct.

You help nobody but yourself, if you dont write everytime "you didnt do someting wrong here" or "it's not finished". Its just a way of pushing your "art responsibility" away from yourself.

We actually dont care if your work gets better, atleast not me.

Because im obviously such a nice guy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_W9sZ8S7RM&list=PLtG4P3lq8RHFRfdirLJKk822fwOxR6Zn6

This guy is specialized on human anatomy but his stuff applys to every drawing.

So please look at it and tke the time and effort.. will help anyone of us
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for the feedback also thanks for the nice source for n1 tutorials. :-D
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is done!!!
    Thank you very much Celths it was a pleasure to work with you! :-)

1406141035-loadingscreen-1920x1080.jpg

Plz vote, thank you very much!
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=290836400
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    268x268.resizedimage

Another item is finished. :-) This time for Meepo!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=292204000

Thanky Tomus for the collab.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After like 1-2 Months without drawin anything I started reworking my meepo Set and a wonder happened! LoL I am so much better somehow!!!!

Pls leave feedback, so I can improve! :)))

d0MeXGH.jpg
  • whatever
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I feel like that sword doesent belong there
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whatever wrote: »
    I feel like that sword doesent belong there
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    p42AnzU.jpg

I am slowly progressing. I got rid of all that useless stuff, and reshaped the weapon but I am very unhappy with those hands please giff me feedback on that!

*Update*
    7xPoA1U.jpg
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *Update*
    New colours for the shoulder, I think that looks better.

AvjteFL.jpg
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I need to take a break from the Meepo Set I am kinda stuck with it.
    So I did a quick tiny weapon concept.

ICeHz1M.jpg

TAKEN
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi polycounter lvl 4
    I am kinda unsure how these items are related to meepo. Meepo doesn't usually come across as a hero who would wear a scary mask or big ornate pauldrons. He usually looks like he's crawled out of a bin, and the voice lines and animations reflect that. Also I don't really feel much consistency between the set items. Scary mask, + ornate shoulders, + handwraps. They don't really share a common theme.
    I think it would help a lot if before designing the concept (or at least during the very earliest stages) you sit down and think- where are these items from? How did meepo find them? How do they benefit him/why does he wear them? Are they practical, and fitting for the character? I think its really beneficial to do this because then it stops you from just drawing out of nothing because your brain has an anchor from where it can pull its creativity. for instance with the previous meepo you drew (i will criticize this since you are already not using it), there are examples of things being impractical. What is meepo holding together with several belts? What is the claw on his finger and why does it help him at all? Would meepo be attaching precious gems to his clothes when he could be selling them? I think its important to ask that question about every single thing you add to the set because if you have to take big leaps to justify it in your own head, then it probably doesn't belong in the set.
    Kinda rambled on, but hopefully this is helpful feedback. And once you get an idea of why he is wearing the items you have created, its a good chance to go back and push them even further in the direction you want so they fit his purposes even better.

And the tiny fossil is a very nice and fitting cosmetic!
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea I think I will drop the meepo set and jump to another set.
    Maybe I can rework it someday when I am better at concepting.

Thank you very much for the feedback!

Started working on a Clinkz Set for a collab, the bow concept is now (almost) done.

4i5znUI.jpg
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ba9CsI3.jpg

Up for graps!!!
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A7uGNtX.jpg
    0DwNtk2.jpg

New Bloom Dazzle Set. I will do the staff if someone is interested in the set.

UPDATE: Taken by Vladimir. (I am sooo happpy!!!!:poly142:)
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • quockhanhlk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    quockhanhlk polycounter lvl 11
    congrats! i love the head+ back combination, still i think the staff is not 'bold' enough, anyway, keep up the good work
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    congrats! i love the head+ back combination, still i think the staff is not 'bold' enough, anyway, keep up the good work
    Thank you very much! I think the staff will be bold in the end, I am just not really good at drawing.
    h9v7tWS.jpg
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    88C0C24BB35E95F3AA0D9771E2BCB73CD4C9B165

The Dazzle Set is done! Thank your for the awesome collab, Wlad!
    Now I just need to figure out how to correctly fill the stuff out.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WIP H4nn1 Set sneak peaks.
    be7vKCC.jpg

It is so awesome to work with H4nn1! He is so friendly. :-)
    Well, feedback needed to make it as best as possible...it still far from done.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    637x358.resizedimage

New ward done made with Yuri and Channfree!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=378004363

Now volvo just needs to accept my EIN and I am gud 2 go. :-D
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    UkcY9J7.jpg
    Reworking is a really gud thing. xD :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NWwBfTn.jpg3e7S3g0.jpgUYyMCXi.jpg
    nu5oQ3Z.jpg

This post contains every concept art needed for the 3d Artist, to do the set. :-)
    (I will keep this post updated.^__^)