Home General Discussion

Transpose Master , and it's myriad issues.

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
I'm trying to pose some models, using transpose master, and every time I do, there's some error or another. Either I get the "no matching data" error, followed by my model turning into a star, or model mismatch error, or a crash, or something. There's always some issue with it. I've googled the problem, and just keep getting the "start a new project from the lightbox, with the defaultsphere, load your model, and transpose" suggestion, which is still hit and miss.

I'm using ZB4r6, windows 7 64bit. I'm under a deadline of the 30th, and if I can just get ZB to behave, I can easily make it. But when I spend entire days, fighting technical issues, it's taking a simple pose forever to finish.

Do any of you have any suggestions? I'm running out of ideas, and could really use some help.

(also, I did a search for "tanspose master" in the search forum feature, and didn't find anything that helped me. So sorry if this has been addressed here already. Thanks)

Replies

• battlecow
    Offline / Send Message
    battlecow polycounter lvl 12
    Had a similar problem once and just couldn't get transpose master to do what I wanted so I rigged, skinned and posed the lower subdivision parts and used GOZ on each subtool (exported it to maya whith the rigged mesh open and replaced the zbrush geo with the posed one).
    To my surprise it worked fantasticly well (I bet people have been doing this for ages but I didn't know :)) and thanks to the rigged lower subd mesh you are able to modify,add poses in no time.

Hope it is helpfull
  • beefaroni
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    I think this belongs in the Zbrush technical talk. I feel like I see too many threads in here instead of tech talk?

Anyways, I don't really know what the issue is, but threads with detailed photos tend to do better for responses. So if you're on a tight deadline, I'd add as much info as possible to this post.

Good lukc
  • afisher
    Offline / Send Message
    afisher polycounter lvl 6
    Yeah transpose master can be a huge pain! It's caused lots of problems for me in the past.

One way I've found that seems to magically help make it work is appending a zsphere and moving it to the top of your subtool list. No idea why this works or if it'll work for you, but it works for me and for some friends that I've suggested this to in the past.

So:
    1. Append zsphere
    2. Move to the top of subtool list (I also move it out of the way of my model)
    3. Use transpose master as you normally would (TPoseMesh, pose the model, TPose>SubTools)
    4. Pray to the Zbrush Gods (perhaps try making some sort of sacrifice)

Hope that helps :)
  • spiderDude
    Offline / Send Message
    spiderDude polycounter lvl 8
    Jeremy-S wrote: »
    I've googled the problem, and just keep getting the "start a new project from the lightbox, with the defaultsphere, load your model, and transpose" suggestion, which is still hit and miss.

Load the demo project of that chubby dude from lightbox, load up your model, than transpose. That project seems to always work compared to loading a default sphere.
  • Fomori
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    I kept getting this issue. It turned out I had part of a subtool hidden. So make sure all your geometry is visible. Also make sure no layers are in recording mode...Good luck!
  • LRoy
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    I don't think I've ever had transpose master not be stopped by an error.
  • Jeremy-S
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, at least I'm not the only one. Thanks a ton for the suggestions, I'll be giving them a shot and seeing what works. I'm really hoping they address this issue with the 4r7 release, but not really counting on it.

As for this thread being in the wrong section, my apologies. I didn't know there was a ZB tech talk area, or I would have put it there. Thanks for the patience, though.
  • Jeremy-S
    Offline / Send Message
    afisher: So far your suggestion has worked, thanks so much for that! I haven't had any errors all day, so I wanted to say thanks. :)
  • afisher
    Offline / Send Message
    afisher polycounter lvl 6
    cool, glad it worked for you! :) Hopefully they get around to fixing it for the next release
  • thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    battlecow wrote: »
    Had a similar problem once and just couldn't get transpose master to do what I wanted so I rigged, skinned and posed the lower subdivision parts and used GOZ on each subtool (exported it to maya whith the rigged mesh open and replaced the zbrush geo with the posed one).
    To my surprise it worked fantasticly well (I bet people have been doing this for ages but I didn't know :)) and thanks to the rigged lower subd mesh you are able to modify,add poses in no time.

Hope it is helpfull

just wanted to recommend this solution in general. i had transpose master work fine on some assets and totally screw up on others but what battlecow posted does work - using GoZ or not - and gives you options and reusability of your pose.