Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: Quixel Suite fails to launch

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Logan5 polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys, Im having trouble running quixel suite :( I downloaded 1.6, updated it to 1.7 when prompted, and after that it just fails to load.

So first I tried uninstalling, restarted and installed 1.6 again (without updating), that failed to launch too! I read on the wiki that the cause could be my AV (Avast), so Ive just tried disabling that on startup (along with windows firewall) and running my PC in safe mode but it still aint loading :poly127: .

I should point out that Ive used Quixel Suite before on this PC (uninstalled the beta at v1.4) so I cant see why the AV would actually be responsible, as nothings changed since I uninstalled the earlier version.

Hope someone can give me some advice or suggestions on this one as I need Quixel in my life again!! :)

Replies

• Logan5
    Offline / Send Message
    Logan5 polycounter lvl 9
    Also Ive been running both PS and Suite as admin. I checked my event log and windows is throwing up a exception code of 0xe0434352 and says SUITE.exe is the faulting app :( Hope this helps..........
  • excalith
    Offline / Send Message
    excalith polycounter lvl 13
    Same problem here, tried the other solutions on other posts but no luck! The bad thing is it happened within midterm week :)

I have Windows Error Reporting on Events
    Here it is in XML (Kernel scares the heck out of me)

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"&gt;
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-11-18T15:20:47.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>143901</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>excalithDesktop</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data>94632468684</Data>
    <Data>5</Data>
    <Data>CLR20r3</Data>
    <Data>Kullanılamıyor</Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
    <Data>SUITE.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>546600f2</Data>
    <Data>System.Xml</Data>
    <Data>4.0.30319.34230</Data>
    <Data>53be3829</Data>
    <Data>985</Data>
    <Data>27</Data>
    <Data>System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse</Data>
    <Data />
    <Data>C:\Users\pc1\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBF0D.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml</Data>
    <Data>C:\Users\pc1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_SUITE.exe_72c0cd49fa4d399e5ab1229d9465291cf6dd6673_0c950ea8_01e0c3b0</Data>
    <Data />
    <Data>0</Data>
    <Data>76fa2c62-6f36-11e4-bf52-74d02b2bcf15</Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
    <Data>f2a1b5176ae5c59313d9c64af1e752ef</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>
  • teddybergsman
    Thank you everyone for the reports! This issue might finally have been fixed, and has so far been confirmed on 4 machines previously giving this error. This patch is slated for release tonight, I will keep you posted!

- Teddy
  • Logan5
    Offline / Send Message
    Logan5 polycounter lvl 9
    Awesome! thnx Teddy!! Fingers crossed it works out!
  • excalith
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello Teddy,
    I am still having the same problem. I can launch 3DO and nDO seperately, but dDo crashes two times after execution and Suite.exe won't even launch :/
  • Logan5
    Offline / Send Message
    Logan5 polycounter lvl 9
    Yep same here :(

I got this from Windows event viewer, dont know if its relevant......

Faulting application name: SUITE.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x546c3e35
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18409, time stamp: 0x5315a05a
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x000000000000940d
    Faulting process id: 0x1974
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d00428861915ef
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE\x64\bin\Release\SUITE.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: c4095517-701b-11e4-b527-10c37b6aee65
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"&gt;
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-11-19T18:42:09.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>16723</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>PenitentTangent</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>SUITE.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>546c3e35</Data>
    <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>6.1.7601.18409</Data>
    <Data>5315a05a</Data>
    <Data>e0434352</Data>
    <Data>000000000000940d</Data>
    <Data>1974</Data>
    <Data>01d00428861915ef</Data>
    <Data>C:\Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE\x64\bin\Release\SUITE.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>c4095517-701b-11e4-b527-10c37b6aee65</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>
  • excalith
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry to hear that mate, I have been trying to find a solution but no chance so far :/ I am now trying a complete uninstall with registry cleanup and disk optimization. I will let you know what happens. While doing that, I will try to continue with my laptop hope it works there

And just in case here is my rig, everything up to date:
    Win 8.1
    Intel Core i7 4930K @3.40GHz
    GeForce GTX760
    16GB DDR3 RAM
  • excalith
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, I have cleaned up every Quixel file including registry, also reinstalled PS and checked HDD's. Still dDo fails to launch and I am out of ideas now
  • Logan5
    Offline / Send Message
    Logan5 polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah same here, Ive pretty much tried everything I can think of, disabling Anti Virus on startup, running in safe mode etc but no luck. Ive followed each step on the wiki related to this and I can safely say it has nothing to do with user permissions or anything like that.

My rigs pretty much identical to yours :) except I got a GTX 660, everything up to date.
  • Logan5
    Offline / Send Message
    Logan5 polycounter lvl 9
    Im glad you tried reinstalling PS as thats what I was about to do :D Guess theres not much point now!!
  • excalith
    Offline / Send Message
    Update: I downloaded Photoshop CC 2014 Trial (was using CC only) and reinstalled Quixel to try if works with newer version but the same issue popped up. Seems like dDo execution thing for me :)

Teddy, if your team requires more info I could try helping you to find out the problem. I passed the midterms already!

Logan, our issue looks similar so the result should be the same but if you have free time you should try reinstalling, it worths giving a shot :)
  • excalith
    Offline / Send Message
    FIXED: I should have tried this first but... I had reasons :D

Okay, the thing is I have 1 SSD (C Drive) and 1 HDD (D Drive), I use D drive for projects and softwares only. I used to install Quixel to D drive and this time I reinstalled it to C Drive and it is now working as it should! I don't know if it helps you guys to figure out the issue but I don't even have any errors in Event Log this time.

I have low space on SSD, so if there will be a fix I'd love to install it to HDD again :)

Logan, you might have the same problem as well, you should try it!
  • Logan5
    Offline / Send Message
    Logan5 polycounter lvl 9
    Hey excalith, great to hear youve got everything working now! Im definitely gonna try reinstalling Photoshop CC and see if it fixes things, its the only thing I havent tried so far. The harddrive issue sounds weird, I only have 1 SSD installed right now so I dont have much choice as to where I install it :)
  • peter_trance
    I got latest last night and it said my license ran out but I knew that was wrong because my co-workers and installed it at the same time and their license hadn't ran out. I uninstalled it and installed it again but this time it won't launch at all.
  • excalith
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Logan! if it is possible, can you please try to install it on a USB Flash Disk if that won't work - I hope it does tough. Then we can be sure the problem we had has a solution thus Quixel can work on it to fix it :)
  • mindblowz
    i installed the suite without an issue but dDo keeps crashing it.
  • Logan5
    Offline / Send Message
    Logan5 polycounter lvl 9
    excalith - Yep sure I'll give that a go over the weekend, before I try reinstalling Photoshop, like you say at least we can rule that out if it still doesnt work.

peter_trance - Yeah sounds like a similar issue to what Im experiencing, when I hit the .exe I get nothing, no error messages, it just refuses to launch. As excalith has mentioned theres still a few things to try out.
  • mindblowz
    I got my quixel suite on september and i still cant use it.
  • Logan5
    Offline / Send Message
    Logan5 polycounter lvl 9
    Ok so Ive tried installing to a USB instead of my main drive, which made no difference, QuixelSuite.exe still fails to load anything. Also a reinstall of Photoshop didnt seem to solve this either unfortunately :(
  • Logan5
    Offline / Send Message
    Logan5 polycounter lvl 9
    Finally I got it working!!! After borrowing an external HDD and installing to that it seems to work fine. There seems to be some sort of issue with Quixel and SSD drives.....
  • Eric Ramberg
    Thank you everybody so much for your reports and awesome that some of you managed to fix it!

Mindblowz - could you provide som more information about your troubles, when does the crash occur, what version of the suite/PS are you running? So sorry about your troubles!

peter trance - Did you get your license problems sorted?
  • Logan5
    Offline / Send Message
    Logan5 polycounter lvl 9
    Thnx for the reply Eric! In my case I wouldnt say fix more of a workaround but still at least I can use it :) Hopefully this issue will be fixed in the next update! Quixel Suite is an amazing product, I really hope you guys manage to get everything straightened out.