Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Seeking Artists for Hard Sci-Fi Space Sim

About the Project:

Space flight simulator utilizing Newtonian orbital physics, procedurally generated universe, and real-time surface-to-orbit transitions. Go from below ground on a planet to a station in orbit without a loading screen.

That's what's done so far. Generated planets have multiple biomes, ocean physics, and nearly infinite variation. Working on an orbital combat arena now to test the in-ship combat.

The game is built on Unity 5, so importing and testing art assets is incredibly easy. Also, I am developing for, and testing this project with, the Oculus Rift DK2 (but it also works on a regular monitor, for ease of testing).

Ideally looking to develop this into a full tech-demo/proof-of-concept to shop around to publishers, or just gauge general interest for a possible crowd-funded route.

About Me:

I'm a game developer with over ten years experience. I mostly work solo, but also have experience working on a AAA team. My art skills are mediocre at best, but I can program like the wind.

About you and the job:

Looking for artists of all types and calibers, whether you want to make a space ship for use in game, spruce up the generated terrain, create in-orbit locations, or just provide some concept art.
While there is no pay initially, if the project gets picked up by a publisher or goes the crowdfunded route, all participants at that point would be offered a full-time job or a one-time reimbursement for past work. I'm not a business manager, but should profits show themselves, I do have someone in mind who knows exactly what they are doing, so financials won't be amateur hour if/when they come into play.

Screenshots from current version:

In-ship, on the runway:
ocatmo01.jpg

In-ship, in orbit approaching orbital combat arena:
ocatmo00.jpg

Replies