Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: DDO not compatible with CC (2015)?

I just upgraded to Adobe Creative Cloud 2015, and now a good portion of DDO is broken. Mainly doing ANYTHING in the mask leads to an error message stating that this feature is "unsupported" in Above, so just a heads up people. Im downgrading to CS6 and thankfully Creative Cloud allows this.

Gibbage

Replies

• Gibbage
    I re-installed CS6, and still got the error. I reinstalled Quixel suite and still got the same error. Here is the error

Error 8800: General Photoshop error occurred. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop.
    - The object "black channel of merged layer of document "ruHE-YzHo" is not currently available
    Line: 20584
    -> executeAction( id8, desc3, DialogModes.NO);

Currently, this happens when I try to do anything with the mask.
  • Vipera
    Offline / Send Message
    Vipera polycounter lvl 2
    Have you tried to start a new project from scratch to check if you get the same error?
  • spookyA9
    I'm not sure I'm having the same issue as Gibbage, but I am also having issues with DDO with CC 2015: it crashes every few operations and generally has wrong behavior when it doesn't crash. Strangely, NDO seems perfectly happy to work with CC 2015.

Unfortunately I can't try regressing to an earlier version of Photoshop because I subscribed to Adobe CC after the 2015 release and my previous Photoshop license is for MacOS.

I'm going to attempt to recreate some of the crashes so I can supply more specific information.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Gibbage and SpookyA9, would you mind PM me your skype-ID´s for remote debugging?
  • Sajeet
    Offline / Send Message
    Sajeet polycounter lvl 7
    Im getting an error after upgrading to cc 2015 aswell.
    "System.Runtime.interopServices.COMException (0x8002801D):Biblioteket
  • Eric Ramberg
    Sajeet kan du pm:a mig din skype id ocks
  • Sajeet
    Offline / Send Message
    Sajeet polycounter lvl 7
    a new more extensive image about my problem.. No clue what it could be, tried reinstall aswell
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Isn't the issue that they're running Svenska Photoshop instead of Engelska?
  • Sajeet
    Offline / Send Message
    Sajeet polycounter lvl 7
    err.. changed it it worked for couple of mins then same crash :P

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Did you reinstall Photoshop or just change the language? IIRC, you actually need a copy of Photoshop that was built in English. From Eric:
    Hi Mcberdo!

Firstly sorry for the troubles, hopefully we can sort this out!
    I assume that your photoshop is installed as a "svensk" version since your error message are in swedish,
    The Suite works absolutely best with an English version of PS, and not just language setting but how it is installed.

Try updating to the latest version of Java if you don´t already have that installed.

Go in to photoshop manually and Increased the amount of drivespace allotted to "scratch space" and reduced the number of undos (History States) photoshop stores.

There are no known conflicts in regards to starting the suite apart from anti-virus software.

Try that and see if they do anything for you! Lycka till!

Altea - Thousands of users are using it in production on a daily basis, I know that is little to no comfort for those having problems, and we are working very hard on making it more stable in upcoming releases!

geothefaust - sorry to hear that, what problems are you experiencing?
  • Sajeet
    Offline / Send Message
    Sajeet polycounter lvl 7
    gah! ok ill try that when i get back from work. thx for the help m8 :)
  • akaChris
    Offline / Send Message
    akaChris polycounter lvl 6
    Hi again!

haven't started it in quite a while and just wanted to do some quick work with quixel suite but can't seem to get it running with cc 2015 as well. almost the same issue as the op with error messages telling me that this feature might be unsupported. I get that even when I just create a new project with just a one color id mask.

any ideas? (my PS version is set to english if that matters) thanks in advance :)

correction: just reinstalled cc 2014.2.2 and it's the same there.

start ddo, provide idmap (jpg with one single color, default mat preset, uncalibrated, create base layers, 16 bit mats, quality curv checked. press create base, it starts calculating and ends with system. runtime.interop.services.comexception..... general photoshop error occurred. this functionality. bla bla

I could have sworn it worked two months ago with the same setup
  • Kesh
    I have the exact same issue as stated above in CC 2015.
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    >my PS version is set to english

Was it installed with English chosen?
  • michaeldanielmuir
    It was working fine for me yesterday but today I'm getting the error system.runtime.interopservices.comexception (0x80042260): General photoshop error occurred. This functionality may not be available in this version of photoshop.

I have tried new and old projects including the DDO Helmet sample
    I have tried the clear photoshop preferences thing ctrl alt shift
    I have Installed the patches
    I have updated cc2015
    Tried various resolutions
    Tried fast processing on and off
    Tried different calibration profiles

It gets to 40% creating base masks and then gives the error.

Can anyone suggest any other fixes?
    Thanks
  • michaeldanielmuir
    Hi,

It was working fine for me yesterday but today I keep getting (0x80042260) General Photoshop error. This functionality may not be available in this version of photoshop. It happens when creating the base masks at about 40% completion. I'm on CC2015

Between yesterday and this morning there were no changes/updates to my system.

So far I have tried the following based upon suggestions in threads;
    reset PS preferences ctrl alt shift
    Updated java
    Installed the updates for quixel suite
    Updated PS
    Tried various projects including the DDO Helmet sample
    Tried various base resolutions and work resolutions
    Tried various profiles
    toggled fast processing
    Tried various image formats

Can anyone suggest anything else to try?

I was really hoping not to have to spend time completely uninstalling CC unless it is pretty sure to fix the issue

Thanks
    Mike
  • Wiktor
    Offline / Send Message
    Wiktor polycounter lvl 11
    @michaeldanielmuir: Do you have any other versions of Photoshop installed that you could try it on? There should be no compability issues with CC2015.
  • michaeldanielmuir
    Hi Wiktor, I have CC2014 and having the exact same issue and error code with that also.
    Thanks
  • jm79
    Offline / Send Message
    jm79 polycounter lvl 2
    Hi,

Is there a solution for system runtime interopservice comexception 0x80042260 error yet?

I have been unavle to use dDo since purchusing the suite several months ago.

cheers
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Are you using 2015? The Suite specifically does not support it yet - but the 2.0 upgrade will! You'll need to downgrade to an earlier Creative Cloud or use CS6 in order to avoid that problem. :)