Home General Discussion

Singularity - Nvidia Driver Issues... I think?

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Havok polycounter lvl 14
I have been annoyed beyond belief with recent issues I have been having. So I finally bought Singularity and I was all excited to play it. I get in the game and started playing for a few seconds and everything is really smooth and running great, but out of nowhere I just get hit with this fps drop and it becomes basically unplayable. So I kept playing for a few minutes and it fixed itself, making me think it was just random but it happened every few minutes killing the mood and making the game un-enjoyable.

So I spent longer than I should have researching to see if it was a problem with Singularity but it appears it was not. I assumed it was a driver issue because I had a similar problem with STALKER: Call of Pripyat but that had happened after I updated drivers so I rolled them back and everything was fine. Since the STALKER problem I had in fact updated my drivers. So I rolled back the driver to the one I had when STALKER worked but that didn't fix it. From this I assumed it was NOT a driver issue so I went through various procedures (defrag, disk cleanup, uninstalling stuff, etc.) but never found a fix.

Eventually I decided to look up the most stable driver for the 9800gt (my card) and it was said by a few to be the 182.50 drivers. So I tried those out and what do you know, the lag was fixed! I was all excited and played the game for a bit (awesome game, by the way) but after a while, I got this random pink and blue colored checkered pattern overlayed on top of the game. I thought maybe it was just an effect or something in the game so I didn't think much of it but then out of nowhere my monitor goes black. When this happens I can't get the normal screen back without a reboot. I really don't know what to do here.

Sorry for such a long post but this is frustrating the heck out of me. Anyone who actually takes the time to read this and maybe help out, thank you very much, I really appreciate it.

-Mike-

Replies