Home Dota 2

NEED SCULPTOR FORHIGH POLY MESHES

[NB] Mohsen
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
[NB] Mohsen polycounter lvl 3
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a sculptor to help on any items I am making.

The things that I m mainly wanting:

A sample of some of your work
Atleast 1 accepted item*
Be able to cooperate with me for a while ( as we may work together on many other things as well)
Be available to respond quickly to messages

I am willing to give 25% of the revenue with who else I work with ( for example, if I get 50% revenue split with some else, I will give 25% of my 50% to you.)

* THIS IS A PREFERENCE. AS LONG AS I LIKE YOUR WORK, THEN THIS DOES MOT MATTER.

Please comment below if you are interested or message me if you have any further questions. :)

Replies

• heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    There;s a thread for this.

Also it might help if people could see your work first ;)
  • Reyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    Sculpting is a large part of the work in making an item/set. I am wondering what parts of the process you intend to do? Are you doing concept work?

It will be hard to attract someone to do this for you without showing people what you are good at.
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    ^ This. And the best sculpt wont get you anywhere if you botch the bakes. Or the lods. Or the rigging.

So, what we have if an all caps thread looking for a 3D artist who's only supposed to do one specific thing while asking for work samples without offering up any of your own. By the way, those work samples are literally littered all over this forum, there's even a whole thread for it. Seems like a scam and/or somebody who's new to this whole thing and hasn't even taken the time to read the stickies but rather expects others to come to him.
  • [NB] Mohsen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [NB] Mohsen polycounter lvl 3
    Sorry for wasting space again guys I'm still a newbie to this whole thing
  • Reyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    I don't think there is any need to be sorry, just work on developing your skills. Make a thread and post your development, see if you can do the whole process yourself, see what bits interest you the most and get really good at them.

Even try sculpting it is quite challenging but also deeply rewarding process as far as I have experienced.
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    All of this can be alleviated if you make a thread, post work in it, ask questions in it, and use it as a sketchbook :)

I get weired out when people expect work samples from something I consider fun side projects. I get even more weirded out when the person asking for the work samples/work has never posted their own.