Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cyberpunk Girl

Replies

• Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    hey guys so today I have off work so I'm going to finish this character today, probably posing will be happening tomorrow but ill be posting a bunch of updates throught out the day, so any crits would be nice :D

This update I added eye makeup to her, What you guys think?

wt7oqt.jpg
  • artstream
    Offline / Send Message
    artstream polycounter lvl 11
    I think both work well. The one on the right has more of "oomph" effect to it, adding some contrast to her face.

Have you tried adding lip liner as well? I know all women don't wear lip liner with eye makeup, just a thought/idea.
  • allknighter
    Offline / Send Message
    allknighter polycounter lvl 5
    The eyelashes you use seem very worked with, like added fake eyelashes and curled them, and thus, it looks very wispy and weird. What woman would go through the trouble of adding fake eyelashes and curling them, without applying some mascara? ;)

the eyeliner on the right picture seems a little off though...it feels like the edge of it is too smooth.
    Its about preference, but you could also add some eyeshadow in there, as well ;)

Keep up the good work :)
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Artstream - Ya I agree I feel the eye makeup gives her that oompf effect lol, I forgot about Lip liner definately will look into adding that. Thanks for the crit :D

Allknighter - Thanks alot man :D , Lol Im a guy so I dont know much about mascara and eyelashes lol, I did try to make the eyelashes look like they had fake ones attached to it, I might go in and fix them up a bit. I also Forgot about eyeshadow LOL I'm learning alot about makeup with this character, definately going to do more research on all the stuff.

OK FINAL STRETCH!!

Everything is done except the hair and revising the eye makeup, Or if any other crits pop up I hope I get some more, But everything else in my opinion is good to go once I finish the hair im going to pose her and take some final renders. here is one of the final WIPS also check the pics in the above posts for better shot of the hair and eyes What do u guys think?

2ith9pl.jpg
  • BagelHero
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    Loving this!

Looking great, but something still feels off to me about the leather material for the gloves and boots. Like it's still a little to clean and CG-ish, Maybe it could do with a little more roughness variation and... I feel like a chick like this would have kicked and punched a few people, maybe some scuff marks/wear on the knuckles and boot tips? She looks like she just bought everything yesterday. All the metals look pure as hell, too, they need some roughness variation/fingerprints/something to break it up.

Skin on her body is looking a little pale and lifeless, too, need more reds and blues, hints at veiny areas etc.

Basically those last little details to make everything look a bit more alive, I think. :)
  • Makkon
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    I want to know every detail of how you are making that hair. I MUST KNOW.
  • AngryMindtricks
    How did you go about building the zipper on the jacket? sorry if you explained it earlier I kind of just went fishing for visuals instead of text haha.

I can only really think of just building a segment, duplicating it and parenting it to a spline path then collapsing.

Any info shed on your pipeline is much appreciated :D

Ace work though!
  • jaysonmtl
    Offline / Send Message
    jaysonmtl polycounter lvl 10
    Very nice
    Quick question did you polypaint the skin texture or use photo? or both?
    thanks
  • Stirls
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirls polycounter lvl 8
    AngryMindtricks, he may have done it using an IMM (Insert Multi-Mesh) tool within zBrush.

http://pixologic.com/zbrush/features/insert-multi-mesh/
  • LRoy
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    This is looking great.
    How did you go about building the zipper on the jacket? sorry if you explained it earlier I kind of just went fishing for visuals instead of text haha.

I can only really think of just building a segment, duplicating it and parenting it to a spline path then collapsing.

Any info shed on your pipeline is much appreciated :D

Ace work though!

The latest zbrush has zipper IMM brushes in the default set.
  • spiderDude
    Offline / Send Message
    spiderDude polycounter lvl 8
    Top notch, looking good!
  • MrHobo
    Offline / Send Message
    MrHobo polycounter lvl 13
    This is lookin really ace but I think you might be missin the last 10% to push this into phenomenal territory.

Texture wise what you have feels way to new and fresh. I know the concept doesnt have her looking battle worn, but what you have now feels like she just got it off the shelf from the store.

The boots (Especially the heels/soles) needs some scuffs and wear and the chains need some grunge considering how close they are to the ground.
    I dig the body suit texture now, but i think you need a little bit of desaturation in the stress areas of the clothing and a bit more . Same thing for the gloves, you might want to increase some of the roughness in places like the finger tips and wear the fingers would crease.

The main thing though that I think is holding you back is her skin. The face looks good imo, but the arms and the chest are super flat in terms of color. Im not sure if you're using the subdermis slot in toolbag but it can really help.
    I hope this helps a little and isnt too confusing or rambley :)
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Bagelhero - Thanks man :D, Ya im going to go back and rework the leather and skin some more.

Makkon - Im going to put together a tutorial video showing how i did the hair Im going to do it right after I finish this character.

Angrymindtricks - Thanks man, Ya I used the IMM zip[per brush in zbrush, but you could stil do it by duplicating it along a spline but the IMM brush comes in handy for zippers.

Jaysonmtl - Thanks, I used both, I painted the skin first then used photos for certain areas then went back on top of that and painted and blended the painting and photos together.

Lroy - Thanks man.

Spiderdude - Thanks :D

Mrhobo - Thanks man :D, Ya i definately need to push the leather further, I have a subdermis map on her but I think the problem is its got to much orange and not enough purples and reds im going to go in and fix that.

Thanks everyone for the crits :D Heres a update on the boots and gloves.

28sxxcz.jpg
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    hey guys so I'm finished the hair and now im gonna pose her, what do you guys think of the hair. Also I changed the eye makeup as well so crit below :D

2lt1pbk.jpg
  • erroldynamic
    Offline / Send Message
    erroldynamic polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, what a babe :) I'm noticing a yellowish blotchiness under her eyes. I understand you may have added some yellow because of the boney area but it seems a bit too much perhaps. Just a nitpick though, this is a killer piece!
  • BagelHero
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    The wear and tear on her gloves and boots looks great. :) Good job!
    I reckon if she's going to have such radical eyelashes, she could have some more defined lower eyelashes, too. Eyebrows also feel kinda.... thin? I feel like it would be more suiting to have them just a tad thicker and less harsh/drawn on, but that's a taste thing in essence.

Looking great, looking forward to seeing you wrap this up.
  • Stirls
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirls polycounter lvl 8
    I think the eyelashes and eyebrows work well together. This is going to be such a solid portfolio piece, Kend. If you don't get hired from these two (catwoman) alone I'd be very surprised! hahah
  • ScottHoneycutt
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottHoneycutt polycounter lvl 13
    Excellent leather textures. :)
  • fabiomsilva
    Offline / Send Message
    fabiomsilva polycounter lvl 8
    she looks great, but i think she needs more contrasty areas in her skin. right now its overall too bright, some dark areas would be great. maybe some occlusion pass baked into the texture?
  • snake85027
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    awesome model , now create the other people too
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    The face is great, love what you're doing here!
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    erroldynamic - Thanks man :D, ya the skin I definately still have to go through for sure.

bagelhero - Thanks man, Ya the lower eyebrows i got to pop em out a bit more.

Stirls - LOl thanks man :D Ya im really hoping this one gets me a job or at least a freelance gig :D fingers crossed!

Scottmichaelh - Thanks :D

Fabio M silva - Thanks man, I do have a occlusion map in the occulision maps slot in marmoset but I might go in and put one on the diffuse as well, I think it might just be that I painted the skin too light though.

snake85027 - Thanks man, I might do that later but once I'm finished her im going onto something else first.

Torch - Thanks man :D

Thank you so much guys for the comments its been very helpful, I'm definately going to be implementing the crits you guys have given but i just wanted to upload a photo of the full model from all angles, I will be posing her but this is the model in t pose.

zxuvmc.jpg

I have a cool idea for a pose im going to have her holding a cigarrette in one hand instead of a gun Because I kind of want to finish this one up but any ideas for a cool pose for her??
  • stevston89
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    Really great stuff again Kend. Hair looks awesome. One crit I have is the legs feel kind of awkward. Her calves are too short and kind of tubular. I would move the knees up and give the calves more shape. Her is a quick paintover gif:
    IiWVdjg.gif?1
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    stevston89 - Thanks man :D ya the calves and boots looked a little wierd i beefed them up a bit below.

Ok so Im calling this done Im putting together my presentation shots heres a preview below I'll have the rest of the presentation shots up later but what do youg uys think about the pose, the lighting, the skin because ive beeen running into problems with that.

xonx8w.jpg

359lqwy.jpg

n6omev.jpg
  • Jean-Pascal
    Offline / Send Message
    Jean-Pascal polycounter lvl 5
    Looks fantastic Kend! Can't wait to see your final presentation with wireframe and maps! :)

By the way, the result you're getting for the skin are quite different than mine (not that is a good or a bad thing haha), but I'd be curious to see how you put your skin shader together in marmoset to see what we're doing differently (I'm intrigued). If you don't mind of course! :thumbup:
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    This is looking great! There are a couple things I would tweak though. The eyes look flat to me...i would really model it like a real eyeball..not sure if you have. Create an outer shell with the lens bumped out and model another inner sphere with the lens and cornea bumped in to fake how the lighting will affect it. Also, throw a nice reflective shader on that outer shell! It will really make the eye feel a lot more realistic and the eyes are the key to realism IMO. Also, put an expression on her face. The face is so nice but she just has this blank expressionless look and it adds no personality. I think these 2 things will REALLY bring her to life. Fantastic execution by the way! Your skills are clearly top notch...
  • Scythe
    Offline / Send Message
    Scythe greentooth
    hey mate, great job, this is looking really cool ! I have to agree with slosh on the eyes, it does look a little flat
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Jean-Pascal - Thanks man :D I'll post a pic below of the shader settings I used for the skin.

Slosh - Thanks alot man greatly appreciated, Ya After looking at the eyes I forgot to do a bunch of things on the shader and to push the eye textures further, I did model it like a real eyeball with the oputer shell and all that I just didnt push the textures far enough. Ya i'm definately going to add a expression to the face I was a little afraid to add a expression but now im gonna go in and do it cus your right it will add alot to the personality :D

Scythe - Thanks man :D Ya I fixed the eyes below.

Hey everybody so All I have to do is add a facial expression and shes done :D But below is the eyes and I'm stuck between what color eyes i should go with so I have some options below wondering wat you guys think? I personally might make one between 1 and 2 but we'll see.

jj3fk0.jpg

And here is my skin shader setup

23icv21.jpg
  • Jean-Pascal
    Offline / Send Message
    Jean-Pascal polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks Kend, I'll take a closer look at the shader later on today! :)

Regarding your question, the bigger outline of the iris definitly helped! I would probably go with something closer to 2 or 3. I think that what bothers me with the "before" and 2, is that the value change between the center and the border of the iris is too big. Keep it up!
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Jean-Pascal - Thanks man, ya i'm starting to lean more towards 2 and 3 as well.

Also to let everyone else know I also changed alot of the settings of the eye shader as well so if something looks off at bout the glossy layer and what not lemme know :D
  • Scythe
    Offline / Send Message
    Scythe greentooth
    also for the eyes (sorry forgot to mention it) you can see how yosuke ishikawa was doing prior marmoset 2 for his eyes, with a good parallax map. Does give some striking results

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Y-yYRHyvQ[/ame]

buut you probably already knew that.

I do like the 3rd most :O
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Thanks for the vid, Ya I added a parallax map to the eye but I also modelled the eye ball by pushing the iris in and having the glossy layer lens pushed out so i hope thats a ok way to do it.

So everything is done but i just need one last bit of help from everybody, so i added a facial expression to her as per slosh's advice which definately made a huge difference but im wondering what you guys think which is the best facial expression in the PIC BELOW

35m4k8x.jpg

I'm feeling the subtle smile and eyebrow raise but the more pronounced smile is cool as well. I dont want a crazy facial expression just a subtle one to add personality to her. So once i Figure out which expression im going with im gonna Put together the presentation shots and announce its completion :D Drop a crit or forever hold your peace lol
  • spiderDude
    Offline / Send Message
    spiderDude polycounter lvl 8
    Hey Kend, this turned out great!
    I too like the more pronounced smile.
  • Cibo
    Offline / Send Message
    Cibo polycounter lvl 10
    I think the character a bit to shiny. Everything has a reflect the light strong.
    In my opinion a contrast is needed like the pantohose in nylon and not latex.
  • BagelHero
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    3 is best. :) Got some life in it.
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Projecteagleeye - Sweet thanks.

Spiderdude - Thanks man :D

Cibo - Im gonna adjust the gloss maps on the pants one last time bit i like the shinyness.

Bagelhero - Thanks man.

Ok so in the same fromat as my catwoman I've made the first presentation shot I just want to know if the lighting and setup[ is good because i'll be using the same scene to take the other shots. Christmas has slowed me down lol lots of things to do but throughout the day i'll be uploading hi res shots.

vqh9h1.jpg
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    kaikaisushi - Thanks man :D

Okay Here she is ladies and gentleman finnally can call her finished. thanks to everyone who dropped a critique very helpful and motivating. Feel free to stil drop a crit if you notice anything thanks.

cyberpunk_girl_by_kdoyle9-d8b09en.jpg

cyberpunk_girl_full_body_shot_by_kdoyle9-d8b0a29.jpg

cyberpunk_girl_head_shots_by_kdoyle9-d8b0a9g.jpg

cyberpunk_girl_torso_shots_by_kdoyle9-d8b0ahq.jpg

cyberpunk_girl_boots_by_kdoyle9-d8b0am2.jpg

cyberpunk_girl_wireframe_by_kdoyle9-d8b0as8.jpg

cyberpunk_girl_zbrush_by_kdoyle9-d8b0ax0.jpg
  • Stirls
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirls polycounter lvl 8
    Now throw it up onto Artstation so people can like it ;)
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I'm still confused about how the hair was so well done. Is it just albedo cards with some gloss assigned to it?
  • Crazy_pixel
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel interpolator
    Super cool final work, it was very nice to follow your progress :D:D
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Stirls - Its up :D And i saw your comment, yes we have to get the proposal underway LOL

Crazy_Pixel - Thanks man :D:D

JadeEyePanda - No not just that, I have a tileable hairstrand normal map I made that i put into the detail normal map part. And I used the albedo map as the specular and skin settings as well I learned that from this

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfAx4ucKXPY&list=LL3GXdWO7y9JNqBTrlSl_HAg&index=20"]TUTORIAL[/ame]

ALso here are the actual settings I used:

dvg3et.jpg

And this tutroial was helpful as well.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S8ObUr-Arg&index=6&list=LL3GXdWO7y9JNqBTrlSl_HAg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S8ObUr-Arg&index=6&list=LL3GXdWO7y9JNqBTrlSl_HAg[/ame]
  • pignaccia
    Offline / Send Message
    pignaccia polycounter lvl 11
    This is very very good, and I think it would be great(!) with an assault rifle in her hands!
    just my 2 cents!

congrats!
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    pignaccia - Thanks man :D I did consider making a weapon for her but I feel like I should move onto a whole new character rather than spend time making a weapon, maybe alter on down the rod ;)

Hey guys just to let everyone kno I have a ARTSTATION ACCOUNT so check it out and gimme a like and follow if you can thanks :D
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Hey! just wanna point out how much better these presentation shots are from your cat woman piece :)
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Hey guys Just to update this thread I put my Cyberpunk girl into marmoset viewer, check her out https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aDD6q

• tda
    Offline / Send Message
    tda polycounter lvl 16
    Awesome work dude, i remember being in awe of this the first time around. It's nice to have the opportunity to nosy around in the viewer :)
  • amirabd2130
    Offline / Send Message
    amirabd2130 polycounter lvl 7