Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

[ROYALTY] Atajrubah : Greenlit and Seeking Character Artist

Project Title:
Atajrubah

Description:

The Short Pitch
MineCraft meets DayZ meets the Arabian Peninsula,with Ghul and Djinn instead of Zombies or Creepers.

The Long Pitch
'Atajrubah' is the Arabic word meaning (an)'Experience' and that's what I hope to make this game. Its set in a 1930's to 1940's era and is strongly influenced by Arabian Folklore and Architecture. The world is open for the player to explore either on their own or with their friends , using the Oculus Rift for full immersion the player will discover hidden secrets and deadly enemies in a colorful and rich fantasy world.

While Atajrubah is not an MMO scale multiplayer experience it is a persistent world sandbox.Up to 30 or so players can join each other in adventuring,trade,crafting,exploration and melee combat against each other or npc creatures such as bandits,ghul and djinn.

Is there any interest in this game ?
The response to the game has been overwhelmingly positive both from the online gaming community and from the hundreds of people that I've demoed the game to at IGN Convention and Comicon. This culminated in Atajrubah getting Greenlit on Steam in March !

Atajrubah Steam Trailer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8xdjxcQOVU"]Atajrubah : Survival Game with Oculus Rift support - YouTube[/ame]

Includes:
- Large open world environment for players to explore.
- Player and world persistance.
- Flexible,simple crafting system.
- Trading and persistent player built structures.
- Survival mechanics.
- Cross platform.
- Oculus Rift support.

Team Name:
NexyMedia

Who is involved in this project ?
I've been fortunate enough to have found amazing team member to work with on this project, below is a list of people involved with production and the roles they fulfil.

Alan Robinson - Programmer,Designer
Dan Reese - Environment Artist
Tien Chi - Concept Artist
Dan Hitchen - Character Artist
John Kochanczyk - Sound Engineer

What do you do ?
I'm a freelance Visual Effects Artist and Indie Developer based in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.
I put 60+- hrs/week into the project.My time is spent programming Gameplay Mechanics & UI, R&D ,collaborating on game design with Dan and communicating with the other team members. You can see some of my older work here : http://nexymedia.com/.

In addition to this I spend time dragging myself to Conventions across the UAE, in order to promote the game and give people a hands on experience with the Oculus Rift. I also write updates about these experiences and development type things from time to time, the most recent one can be found here :

[That one about Comicon Dubai,UI and Art Assets]
http://atajrubahgame.nexymedia.com/2014/04/13/atajrubah-development-update/

Talent Required:
Rigger/Animator(1)
- Motivated,Passionate,Professional Attitude
- Able to Rig and Animate bipedal characters and quadruped creatures.
- Portfolio/Showreel
- Must be comfortable working remotely with regular Skype contact.
- Prior Experience/Shipped titles a bonus

You will be responsible for :
- Rigging character and creature assets.
- Building and maintaining a library of animations used to drive characters and creatures in-game.

What's it like working with you ?
I am very easy going and well mannered , I understand that what's being offered to you may not be a a lot initially and as such I am not very demanding and more than happy to allow for some flexibility with deadlines and artistic license.

Compensation
As with many Indie titles money isn't overly abundant at the moment, we have been Greenlit on Steam and will be going into Early Access around November 27th. From that point onward we can offer a 10% revenue split, the same deal that all the team members including myself have agreed to.

[Steam]
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181332154
[IndieDB]
http://www.indiedb.com/games/atajrubah

E-mail: alanwilliamrobinson@nexymedia.com

Replies

• MrNexy
    Hey there folks.

Over the past couple days I have been busy porting my code from UDK to UE4 and importing already existing art assets. I just wanted to drop in and share some early in-engine screenshots with you :)

-MrNexy
  • MrNexy
    Hey there folks :)

I've included some character work from the previous character artist below( It sucks when team members end up getting studio gigs ! :P ). I have them rigged though I am sure that there are a number of improvements that can be made to the rigs hehehe.
    [Player Character Rotation]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B77Srvy7FqM"]Atajrubah Player Character Rotation - YouTube[/ame]
    [Ghul Character Rotation]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJyXCheUlI0"]Atajrubah Ghul Character Rotation - YouTube[/ame]

- MrNexy
  • MrNexy
    Hey there folks.

I took some time today to update the project description and details. I hope this goes some way to making it feel more human and gives folks a better understanding of what the project is,what my involvement in it is and other things you may want to know.

I spend way too much time in Visual Studio, sometimes I sound a bit mechanical in my writing, please do let me know your thoughts, feedback is a most welcome thing indeed :)
  • MrNexy
    Hey there folks.

I wanted to share a piece of concept art that Irsyad Ishak (A wonderful concept artist) contributed to Atajrubah recently.
    Spooky and Atmospheric no ? :)

GhulsAwaitYou.jpg
  • MrNexy
    Hey there folks ! I'm back again with some screenshots :)
    I've made a lot of progress this week and wanted to share that with you all.
    Please do let me know your thoughts :)

- MrNexy

Dawn is my favorite time of day , in Atajrubah that is ;)

DayIsDawning.jpg

Thanks to Unreal Engine 4 the world of Atajrubah is orders of magnitude larger than it was !

At the moment the world is 20Km x 20Km including land and sea surface area

ViewOfTheCoast.jpg

The ocean shader still requires some work but it will get there. I'm looking forward to being able to pilot one of these beauties soon though !

BoatsOnTheWater.jpg

Even the mid-morning sun can be harsh around these parts.Must be sure to stay hydrated !

MidMorningHeat.jpg
  • MrNexy
    The position has been filled.
    Thank you to everyone who submitted their portfolios :)

-MrNexy
  • MrNexy
    Hey there folks !

We've got a new opening in the team, we're currently looking for someone to join the team and take on Rigging and Animation responsibilities.

In the mean time myself and the other team members have been hard at work, I thought that I'd pop by and share some new high res screenshots :)

Let us know your thoughts.

-MrNexy

Island_Life.jpg
    On_The_Water.jpg
    Tavern_Interior.jpg
    Tavern_Interior_Ceiling.jpg
    View_From_Shore.jpg
    Village_Dawn.jpg