Home Technical Talk

Maya Human IK copy animation issue

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
rorozilla polycounter lvl 6
Hello peeps!

I've only noticed this now, so its probably a setting I changed... But here's the problem: when ever I select the Human IK hip controller in Full Body mode and copy paste a key from my time line, it copies everything EXCEPT the keys on the hips (I can see it in the graff editor)... So I tried using the other modes, Body Part and Selection, only Selection would finally copy the animations to the time line. I could also copy them with the graff editor.

But here's the weirder part, if I go back to body part and try to delete the key on the time slider, it will delete all the key's except for the hips. It even shows me that there is still a key on the time slider. So seams to me that Full body is now ignoring the hips.

This didn't use to happen, so I must of done something wrong somewhere... Do you guys have any idea what it could be?

Here is a photo of the settings I'm using, maybe its something dumb. BTW I tried playing with the IK blend sliders, and it did show me different results, but I really want the IK controls to be the one driving my bones. Plus the fact that it didn't use to do that tells me its something else.

Thanks a bunch in advance!
Animation_Issue.jpg

Replies

• rorozilla
    Offline / Send Message
    So I went back into the iterations of my scene and found one that copied fine, I still cant figure out what I did for the hips to be ignored by the full body and body part mode, but I was wondering if you guys knew of a way to copy the animations I did on my character so far to the old on, without baking every single frame? I really would like to keep the clean curves I had. Any suggestions?
  • rorozilla
    Offline / Send Message
    I just noticed that the hips don't even auto key anymore. Since I'm in body mode it key's everything else and as soon as i scrub my time slider, the hips will revert to there original position, but everything else will have keyed... which looks pretty stupid.
  • rorozilla
    Offline / Send Message
    So what I'm thinking of doing is simply quarantine that animation scene. What I mean is Basically I will keep the broken scene, since it has all the animations i've done so far and I will create a new scene, import my model and everything else I can salvage (facial rig, bones, etc...) and I will re-map the bones onto a new Human ik rig... That way I'm back with a working version of human ik! But the obvious draw back is that now my animations are separated into two scenes. its not a big deal but i really wish i could know what the hell I did to break it like that!

on a side note, I am still looking for a way to copy the animation keys from one HumanIK to an other without backing! That would really make my day!

Thanks a bunch and happy holidays everyone!